Lesson for all IRC blabbers :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
ilaya said:
does irc come with daoc? no

it is therefore a 3rd party program that can offer an advantage to peeps using it? yes

BAN IRC

irc makes u a cheat

Aye lets forbid all DAOC players to communicate in any other way except in game! No more phones, no more MSN, no more Emails, ICQ

How dare they have a RL :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
ilaya said:

it is therefore a 3rd party program that can offer an advantage to peeps using it? yes

BAN IRC

irc makes u a cheat
Does Web browser come with Daoc? No.

Is it therefore a 3rd party program that can offer an advantage to peeps using it? Yes.

BAN WEB BROWSERS.

Web browser makes you a cheat.

... or maybe people should just learn what is OK to say on IRC and what is not tolerated? If this happened at #daoc.prydwen all you need to do is reading the Topic ;o Personally I dont see a problem if people use their private guild channel for RR discussion (probably still against CoC though) but using a public channel is wrong.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Probably wouldn't have been able to get a relic from Hibs anyway, we were on relic alert from about 7pm BST.

Group of 8 constantly killing patrols around Scath and dropping speedwarps at Cain, Mael group at Ligen, certainly not an everyday occurance. I even brought my guild group to Marfach entrance and sat there for a while cause I had a feeling something was going on and incase mids were inc through there.

As said in the other thread, Eclipse alliance was on alert and you wouldn't have gotten out of Emain with 100 people without being spotted (hopefully!).

Shame about the blabber, woulda been fun to have another defence waiting for you at dagda.

Grats on reducing PE damage by 10% ;)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:

BAN IRC

irc makes u a cheat

Does a brain come to you automatically? Yes
Does that mean you know exactly how to use it? No

STOP POSTING!

FH turns you into an idiot

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
Wasn't there for that one, but tbh, if it was another raid where relic is gone a couple minutes after first spam, it's not any better, Mythic's fault though.
You still have the chance of defending if u wanna, when im sleeping since i got to go to work next day its kinda hard to defend relics no matter how good they organize the raid.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
look like really good raid.
grats to those who partisipate/organise!
hate early morning wakeups when need go bed so early :( and miss again RR

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Haha, too funny.
And about irc..

—› talking in: (#midgard-prydwen)
—› topic: (Relic Raid in planning for next weekend!)
—› set by: (xxxxx) on (Mon May 31 18:07:39 2004)

Maybe sort out that kinda stuff aswell? :p
No +invite no key no nothing, just free to come and read that topic as you may :p

Eroa

Banned
Sounds like some ppl think IRC came after daoc and was made so that ppl can be able to x-realm.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Equendil said:
Wasn't there for that one, but tbh, if it was another raid where relic is gone a couple minutes after first spam, it's not any better, Mythic's fault though.

Nah

Took a good 15 minutes to get thru all doors. I think in all we stuck on guard killing duty for about 25 mins til we got hit by Alb defence, apart from carriers who must have left sharpish with our str relic.

I was too busy trying to assist the MA for the whole bg and splat guards.

M.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Probably wouldn't have been able to get a relic from Hibs anyway, we were on relic alert from about 7pm BST.
Hmm, talk about doing an attempt started quite a bit later. At 7BST/8CEST the KN group was gathering in Svasud and trying to decide where to go for the evening. All 3 frontiers were reportingly rather empty so we went to Odin's Gate to repair the doors at Bledmeer. After that we patrolled the milegates once finding only two Hibs.
At that point we started thinking about a RR, contacted Maelstrom and Bad Omen and since they were up for it we grabbed some rams at Bledmeer. After a brief poll Dun Dagda was decided to be the target. I contacted the New Era alliance and the final turnout in Emain was bigger than expected.
Everything past that point is history. ;)

And yes, that relic raid happend because a fat dorf got bored. More enemies in Odin's and HW please!

stanleycup

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
:clap: :clap: to mids for raiding in prime time... very nicely done by holding on guard killing untill last minute.... very nicely of that 1 fg to jump out of relic keep and to bad for us noone followed them and killed them... nice work.. i am afraid i wont ever see such a great event playing alb.. :)
go play mid then :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bah i was asleep when you took relic xE

Well done mids.

Too bad faultfinder master level probably had a great effect in the raid....but alb has an even better way to take doors down 8]

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

Well done mids.

Too bad faultfinder master level probably had a great effect in the raid....but alb has an even better way to take doors down 8]
Subcontracting Hibs you mean?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
Subcontracting Hibs you mean?

Nope.

Heh i tested this week on lv8 doors or around that, they went down fast as fuck xD

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Nice going middis \o/ Happy you succeded with a primetimethingy..

oh, and shoot blabblers in the kneecaps or ban their accounts or something imo.. its been like this for ages now and our GM's do nothing, they say nothing, they hear nothing.. gg GOA. How about some more active CSR's?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Moriath said:
fools bow ?

Hehe works good too.

You attack the door with your bow and hit for 1027 damage!
3 seconds later
3 seconds later
3 seconds later
3 seconds later

etc etc.

Might be same with Bruisers but Fools Bow was easy to level and it might proove useful at a time ;)

Poag

m00?
Sycho said:
Nope.

Heh i tested this week on lv8 doors or around that, they went down fast as fuck xD

we take Sycho...fit him to a ram and use him instead...last twice aslong as your average ram! :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Hehe works good too.

3 seconds later
3 seconds later
3 seconds later
3 seconds later

etc etc.

Might be same with Bruisers but Fools Bow was easy to level and it might proove useful at a time ;)

That's weak to my idea. :p

Going to try again this week with more people, who needs rams xD

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:

Practice on relic-doors in Uppland then ;)

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
SoulFly said:
[22:34:42] <Invisibul> nice 15+ fg mid zerg in hib frontier atm, wonder whats happening
[22:35:03] <harm-> how bout stfu?
[22:35:05] <ev0> nice blabber
[22:35:16] * ev0 slaps shanks around a bit with a large trout
[22:35:22] <luon|aw> Invisibul :p
[22:35:24] * harm- prods shanks
[22:35:33] * ev0 prods lulu
[22:35:36] <Invisibul> soz, givf laws about public speaking
[22:35:51] <shanks> wtf
[22:36:02] * shanks sets mode: +b *!~King_Jone@ajones32.gotadsl.co.uk
[22:36:02] * Invisibul was kicked by shanks (welcome to nazi germany 12‹4112›)

WAs same guy.

Just one question, what exactly does sthe last part of this log mean?
That part in brackets.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

Guess you talking about the spymaster ability. And considering the amount of stealthers in alb atm i guess you could instakill a relicdoor.

But this is how relicraiding should be, when Mythic was stupid enough to set it to three rams max on each door they only made sure NO prime time raids could really work if ppl where willing to defend. As it is now primetime raids can work, they can also fail if enemies has ppl out that notices the raid. Or if they have fast reactions and come defend at once.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Aldrick said:
Guess you talking about the spymaster ability. And considering the amount of stealthers in alb atm i guess you could instakill a relicdoor.

Nope xD

Cathul

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
Just one question, what exactly does sthe last part of this log mean?
That part in brackets.

I guess it means that shanks is a real life asshole.

/Cathul

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

Well done mids.

hehe aye thats a very fast way :D when we take nottmoore with aod, we always use that , and high lvl doors are going down really fast. we cant wait to see how it works with an alb zerg on RK, but all I fear is that server crush will be if zerg will do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom