Leirvik...

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
Well there seems to be a lot a mixed feelings about Leirvik atm, with people not being happy with certain people raising towers (and not fixing them), or a certain realm taking everything leaving no place for people to hide...

I thought I'd share some of my experiences over the past nights in there, as I've got nothing better to do while I'm at work!

My views from the past few nights are in general of having a lot of fun. There was one night last week when there was a proper 3 way battle for the CK going on; albs defending, and hibs and mids trying to take it. That was amazing good fun until most of the hibbies and albs logged, leaving me and a couple of albs to defend the ever increasing numbers of mids.. I found myself getting bored after two hours of successful solo-defending (playing heretic + monster rez victim!)...

I've recently learnt how to repair things (thanks Nalif!) coz it has been something I've seen happen but something I've not known much about, but now I can repair anything in there (including raised towers) so something I've been doing recently when there has been a mid ruled Leirvik (mids owning ck + 3 towers) is raising a tower or two, taking it quickly when the mids ain't looking and repairing it fast to at least be a tower shape again, and not a pile of rocks... Its also very handy for repairing tower doors inbetween defences too :)

I've had many fights too, both fair and unfair... Memoral ones being with the likes of Mooks, Ultimaxxed (and his rag-tag army), Ochin and Ochim... And also with many many others who's names I can't remember... All have put up a good fight, and most have handed my ass to me!

I've also been having a LOT of fun duoing with my good mate Citereh.. I think we make an excellent team, and I think we've proved that many a time, holding off groups of hibs and mids with some skillful focus dotting and monster rezzing! And we've also helped Albion many times by leading quite a few successful assults of the CK and taken some towers back too when we've no where to hide..

Overall, I've had some good times, and some times I wonder why I can log on to find a fg of mids just running around Leirvik on their own when they already own everything just to kill the odd alb or hib for less RPs then I get for rezzing someone (Oo)... So heres to future 3 way battles and many defences and attacks on towers and the CK!

:cheers:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
TBH I think Leirvik is more fun than anything else in the game.

Toons are almost fully developed at L44
RR-difference is much smaller than in L50 RvR
ToA-bonuses at L44 are fortunately very limited
so things are generally a fair bit more even than in L50 RvR
Add to that that Leirv is pretty small so it's easy to find fights

3-Realm Leirvik fights >>> all IMO :D

:cheers:

Inarra - Clueless NS ... Don't worry, it won't hurt ...

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
im addicted to leirvik, more albs and hibs earlier in the morning!!

finding only 1 banshee is bleh :<

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to add something really really lame I thought we could avoid in Leirvik...

An enchanter called Mrgood running around with a DI bot in tow... I mean jesus, how bad can you be to need a DI bot in tow ? :p

lo Inarra btw.. forgot to add you to the good fights list :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
limpit said:
Just want to add something really really lame I thought we could avoid in Leirvik...

An enchanter called Mrgood running around with a DI bot in tow... I mean jesus, how bad can you be to need a DI bot in tow ? :p

lo Inarra btw.. forgot to add you to the good fights list :)

dont know if its him, but i do recall some1 running around wit a di bot few days back.
Only thing i hate atm is a lame ani spamming shrooms non stops, talking bout skills ;)

Ichbin

Fledgling Freddie
Last couple of days it has been realy fun in leir.

There have been some realy nice 3 way fights, the towers have been evenly shared.(or as good as it gets, after what i have seen) i have been getting some good rp;p (ofc it matters abit:)

But Sherk stop those monster rezzes they are a pain in the ass!!!;P

I hope that ppl will continue with saying no to getting all towers after they have taken ck.. makes it more fun in leir.. atleast that my point of wiew.

Looking forward to new leir btw, hoping it will bring more ppl to leir!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I dont play much leirv atm. But have in the past. It will help a lot with the new layout we got inc. As far as DI is concerned...the first ppl I noticed using it was albs...

I myself am guilty of using DI druid, but only when its me and 1-2 other hibs vs the alb/mid zerg....and even then it doesnt help much :(

/Dracus

Exilon

Loyal Freddie
Dracus said:
the first ppl I noticed using it was albs..
/Dracus

ofc it was albs... and ye,i like leirvik..DI bots only piss me off when stuck in towers..if the person who has it drags it along with him i dont mind...more arpees for me :p...and ye..it was Mrgood..an i tried to kill that animist 3 times..even PA'ed him when sitting and teh bastard wouldnt die:eek7: ..QQ imo :D

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
when i go leir and there are enemy towers i mostly take em down, and then repair it only a little so they are easely taken back, when i log and come back and see those towers gone, at least i know there are enmies ;).

Except the shrooms, i had a lot of fun fighting the hibs yesterday was like 2-1 in their advantage :p

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
I always have a blast in there and makes 50 rvr look quite boring tbh. I am working on a new player for leirvik as is my partner in crime Sherk.

So Mook and the rest of the stealthers that like hitting a tic with close to 1800hp and 750af expect some stealther fun very soon.

Need a change from tic now and again.

Citereh

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
lol if you two are making Infs that's gonna be a lot of fun hehe

Inarra - 90° proof NS!

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Accupuncture said:
I always have a blast in there and makes 50 rvr look quite boring tbh. I am working on a new player for leirvik as is my partner in crime Sherk.

So Mook and the rest of the stealthers that like hitting a tic with close to 1800hp and 750af expect some stealther fun very soon.

Need a change from tic now and again.

Citereh

Mooks adds :<,
But he hits like a truck, killed me twice yesterday, but mooks always attacks me either when im fighting or after a fight when im close to oop :p.

Was nice fighting this afternoon 10k in 90 minutes and dinged rr3 ;)

MClark

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Mooks adds :<,
But he hits like a truck, killed me twice yesterday, but mooks always attacks me either when im fighting or after a fight when im close to oop :p.

Was nice fighting this afternoon 10k in 90 minutes and dinged rr3 ;)

If you were the BD , then yes but the 2nd time I killed your commander 1st to even things up a little :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
MClark said:
If you were the BD , then yes but the 2nd time I killed your commander 1st to even things up a little :)
Yes thats correct lol :p he still died tho, then i was easy meat for you :p

Exilon

Loyal Freddie
Hey mooks..sorry for popping u in front of that sorc..but i wanted to try me inf on u buffed and didnt see sorc behind me,sorry d00d

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's a Necro Kiamorgane who never goes anywhere without a DI bot.
Kinda makes the game pointless.
Emoting people after you killed them using a DI bot is ... :wanker: TBH

Nirask

Fledgling Freddie
oooh Ive been called a wanker again, seems I only ever post when someone does that. last time it was some thane upset because he died to my merc, what do we have this time...

Lets see 8:33 am post, that must make you Inarra. Leirvik this morning was Me and Melnar, you jumped melnar DI took care of that I stunned you and Kia/Melnar nuked you down while I took care of the poison on Melnar. Tough, you jumped three toons expecting an easy kill because one was a caster and as a twinked out stealther you seem to believe you get an automatic kill there. Guess what, you dont.

However if you think Kiamorgane has a DI bot you are mistaken. Nalif, my cleric is my toon of choice for leirvik right now and he is most certainly not a bot. But then you cant do much solo as a cleric - enter Kia, or Lunara sometimes. When theres no one around - or no one who wants to group you will find Nalif with one of them. Unfortunately the BGs are full of people who dont want to group, and some who wont even talk. Once I can get a group Kia will end up sat in a keep/tower/pk while I run around being a healer. Of course I assume you would much rather I just ran around on my cleric solo and fed you some easy RPs. Try playing a support class sometime, come to the BG and try to solo.

Now as for Kia, if you want to kill a necro play a caster, Zea and her bard buddy have no trouble whatsoever killing her on a regular basis, DI or not (although I havent seen them in a while). Of course if you play a caster you have to run the gauntlet of the invisibles in Leirvik.

As for my DI, heres the thing, its one of my RAs, 15rsps Ive paid for that and Im going to use it, just like you use your vanish. If you dont like it thats great, it means its working. My job is to keep my group alive, the massive high speed and unexpected damage done by the invisibles can really only be countered by DI or instas, and the timers on the instas are pretty long. DI lets me do my job much more easily and my job is to stop you from getting kills.

The day you turn up without your Traitors dagger or your bot, the day you decide not to run around invisibly, thats the day Ill turn off my DI. Until then you have a choice, live with it or dont attack anyone in my groups, because I will always do everything in my power to keep everyone under my care alive. So if you jump one of my group expect to see their health not move and then spend the next few seconds stunned and dieing. If you want a counter, buy purgeII, use it then vanish. Then you get to try again when you know you've just negated my DI pool.

And lastly I most certainly did not emote you, maybe melnar did cant say I noticed, but I did not either as Nalif or Kia, I dont often emote people unless Im getting pissed off, although now maybe Ill give you a hug next time I see you.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Oh sorry to hurt your feelings old chap, just Albs was whining about a Hib using a DI bot earlier in the thread ... so ... kettle + pot etc ...
:D

It's nice to know I won't need to have any compunctions about using my DI2 bot in future then. Until now I've only ever turned it on when we're being zerged or for a tower/keep take. :)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Well I never thought I would see it but elgenstabedu you need to get a life you untalented stealther.

Why do you need a DI bot.

Yet one more idiot that stops me from playing 50 rvr cos of tit's like this.

Get out of Leirvik and spoil someone elses fun..

No wonder DAOC is not as much fun as it used to be :wanker:

Nirask

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
Oh sorry to hurt your feelings old chap, just Albs was whining about a Hib using a DI bot earlier in the thread ... so ... kettle + pot etc ...
:D
No hurt feelings I can assure you, its just when I smell a hypocrit attacking me I defend myself. Whatever the 'alb(s)' may have been posting earlier is a personal opinion not the opinion of all players in albion.
Myself, I am not an 'alb' Im a player of a game, alb, hib, mid I play them all, I see no reason to only play 1/3rd of a game.

OohhoO said:
It's nice to know I won't need to have any compunctions about using my DI2 bot in future then. Until now I've only ever turned it on when we're being zerged or for a tower/keep take. :)
Well you show no compunctions about using any other advantage you can. Im entirely certain that if you could drag some stealthed di bot behind you, you would. I dont feel sorry for anyone denied a kill due to DI. The people I save my sympathy, and a certain degree of admiration, for are those who show up, unbuffed, below level 44.5, with no artifacts, or SCed gear, and yet in spite of getting rolled by those who have everything still keep on coming back and even manage to have fun and get a few kills here and there.

As always the attitude I find offensive is the 'all my advantages are ok, because Im using them, but yours are unfair because I might not win'

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
stopped off with my shade and met laugh spamming buffed SBs and BDs so i wasnt there long, enough to get RR2 then moved on.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
nice doubleteaming to the two idiots: Swoop(alb) and Contemptuous(hib).
1 thing to doubleteam and pick the strongest of the 2 enemies, but then resting together and stay there sitting.
revenge will be sweet.

wodzie

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
1 thing to doubleteam and pick the strongest of the 2 enemies, but then resting together and stay there sitting.
revenge will be sweet.

Looking forward to it.... on your fotm BD or with the usual zerg?

dunfboy

Fledgling Freddie
Lol,
Im luvin the leirvik banter, its good to see so many peeps whining about this much loved battleground.
Lets get this straight.
Everyone hates gettin killed,if it happens enof, we feel the need to whine.
All realms,at some point or other zerg, usually down to being pissed off at other realms doing the same thing!!!!!!.
Only 1 realm tower humps(soz 1 person!!!) in general.
We all seek to twink or chrts more and more, as we see fit, in order to become more and more uber, and if that doesnt work, we start another one , and try again:))
This experience comes from 3 years of on and off Leirvik toonage(although very little in the past months), and of many chrts.
Respect is due to all who play there, even peeps like Dan( where are u m8?), we all have our own play style.
Its also cool having comments from guys like sherk and citereh, who have great toons and rock in this BG, who are happy as pigs in do-do, but wouldnt be soo happy if they came toe to toe with some one who would hand their asses on a plate on a regular bases(this aint a flame guys, just comments)
I feel the same, when i confidently aim my bow..........., then pop out in the middle of 2 towers, with my cute white ass hanging in the breeze, cue mezz......(while im thinking oooo fook purge aint up) and die at the hands of some cloth wearing sex kitten.
Its life in Leirvik(ok apart from the DI bots) love it or level.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
revenge will be sweet.

well this is one from many day's in leirvik, if u have a nice attitude you new one's to this arena will get the privilige of making friends :)

ps. sorry for bad quality , first time i add a picture on a forum ds.

Attachments

• sshot1000.JPG
    sshot1000.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 33

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
dunfboy said:
Lol,
Im luvin the leirvik banter, its good to see so many peeps whining about this much loved battleground.
Lets get this straight.
Everyone hates gettin killed,if it happens enof, we feel the need to whine.
All realms,at some point or other zerg, usually down to being pissed off at other realms doing the same thing!!!!!!.
Only 1 realm tower humps(soz 1 person!!!) in general.
We all seek to twink or chrts more and more, as we see fit, in order to become more and more uber, and if that doesnt work, we start another one , and try again:))
This experience comes from 3 years of on and off Leirvik toonage(although very little in the past months), and of many chrts.
Respect is due to all who play there, even peeps like Dan( where are u m8?), we all have our own play style.
Its also cool having comments from guys like sherk and citereh, who have great toons and rock in this BG, who are happy as pigs in do-do, but wouldnt be soo happy if they came toe to toe with some one who would hand their asses on a plate on a regular bases(this aint a flame guys, just comments)
I feel the same, when i confidently aim my bow..........., then pop out in the middle of 2 towers, with my cute white ass hanging in the breeze, cue mezz......(while im thinking oooo fook purge aint up) and die at the hands of some cloth wearing sex kitten.
Its life in Leirvik(ok apart from the DI bots) love it or level.

:) nice comments about Sherk and myself and thanks :). Both myself and Sherk have decided to spend most of our time in Leirvik as its a lot more fun then 50 rvr for many reason.

As for the comment about us getting pissed off by someone handing us our arses on a regular bases, we expect it all the time and it does happen all the time (mooks i will eventually get you its just a matter of time).

I'm in the middle of getting my inf to 44.5 and then its the kitting out time. Hard playing an inf in rogs and 1 lvl lower then the rest of the players out there and buffless :)

I have noticed that due to both mine and Sherks success in Leirvik a larger number of tic's in there.

Then again that works for all realms (never seens so many BD's as last night)

Citereh

Exilon

Loyal Freddie
Well..dunno about u guys but i think sunday sucked in leirvik..us albs in ck ,hibs zerging with shrooms and ofc stealthers..i got into a grp (lol?!?) and zerged myself :( ..but didnt stay long as im not into zerging and all that..even elgen(wahtever his name is ) almost killed me:eek7: oh and ofc mids were humping their tower too with lots of bd's from what i've heard.

Anyway,tis good that ppl still play there,and Ochin..try not to jump my infi,ok mate? ill try and do the same if i see its u :D

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
wodzie said:
Looking forward to it.... on your fotm BD or with the usual zerg?

u may say what u want from me, ask any mid, i dont belong to the "zerg" i solo 99% of the time.
I can take a hit like any other, but that was just lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom