Legendary Weapons

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok ... what am I missing here:

Me and some friends did Battler and a big Named gator in the Ashen/Typhoid zones.
Two 100% qua 16.5 swords dropped, battler artifact, and Torch of Inspiration.

I won the Torch...

Paid allmost a plat for the ingredients ... only comes out at 95%.

I know it could've come out MP or 99% but to me it seems alot of hassle for a weapon that could be a pile of rubbish. So can't really see the point of the whole process.

Tbh feel I would have been better with one of the 100% qua swords and i'd be 1p richer to.

ps...
Omg is this a whine thread ? ... guess so :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's no secret that Legendary Weapons are random quality.

If it had come out MP i doubt this thread would exist ;)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
That is the price you pay for...err, dunno really. It does suck but it adds a little spice to the game. :)

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Probably True Tallen ;)

I guess it's so that they balance out with the Artifacts ( encounter credit, scroll, lvling the artifact ), but how do legendary weps compare with Sidi drops ?

Still think it's abit of a let down getting a "Rare" drop ... paying then getting
a sword with the effectiveness of a Dartmoor drop.

Specially when u can get a 100 qua high lvl weapon from Lost stone of arawn.

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
all very true, but i think the point in getting them is cause they do elemental damage, which most of the other drops in game dont do.

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
But what are the odd's of getting a decent 99-100% one ?

burg

Fledgling Freddie
It got a resist weapon with debuff + it does elemental damage. So if you got a fire elemental weapon and then put fire dd procs on your whole armor you'll hit like a tank after the debuff hits in because of the elemental dmg of your wep and your procs will hit nice too.

Thats what I've heard from VN boards though.

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mordyn said:
But what are the odd's of getting a decent 99-100% one ?

1 in 6 chance for 99% qual and 1 in 50 chance for masterpeice... like other weapons :)

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
I think it's best this way.

The weapon it's self is pretty amazing dealing Elemental damage but they would be so common if you got a MP each time.

There Legendary weapon's, A MP is really only legendary and they are going to be few and far between so ye this fits pretty well :D.

Btw a Valewalker with a Cold Legendary weapon doing his side chain = omg ouch :(. Debuffing his own DD proc for 500+ dmg :x

Same for Reavers I assume. Although that would really be overpowered :m00:

Cyclodia

Banned
Mordyn said:
Ok ... what am I missing here:

Me and some friends did Battler and a big Named gator in the Ashen/Typhoid zones.
Two 100% qua 16.5 swords dropped, battler artifact, and Torch of Inspiration.

I won the Torch...

Paid allmost a plat for the ingredients ... only comes out at 95%.

I know it could've come out MP or 99% but to me it seems alot of hassle for a weapon that could be a pile of rubbish. So can't really see the point of the whole process.

Tbh feel I would have been better with one of the 100% qua swords and i'd be 1p richer to.

ps...
Omg is this a whine thread ? ... guess so :(

I got 1 95% and and 2 99%. Guess what? They do the same damage :p

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
I thought the ingredients were rare, 3? !

OMG 95% salvage, crap etc. <shakes head>

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
These weapons, can they be SC'd then? if so then the qua only would effect the Imbue points cos you're not always hitting cap dmg are you?

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
These weapons, can they be SC'd then? if so then the qua only would effect the Imbue points cos you're not always hitting cap dmg are you?

Legendary Weapons already have stats when they are made :p

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Cyclodia ... how can they do the same damage ? The dps on the 95% one is only 15.4 while the a 99%'s would be 16.0 ....
I've tested ( duel'ing ) the weapon i've got ( Pyroclasmic Falchion , speed 4.0 ) against my 99% Sabre ( speed 3.6 ) and I was style'ing for a about 30 less damage with the falchion.

Hmm think i'm gonna have to run some more tests ie, get more accruate resist info etc..

Cyclodia

Banned
Mordyn said:
Cyclodia ... how can they do the same damage ? The dps on the 95% one is only 15.4 while the a 99%'s would be 16.0 ....
I've tested ( duel'ing ) the weapon i've got ( Pyroclasmic Falchion , speed 4.0 ) against my 99% Sabre ( speed 3.6 ) and I was style'ing for a about 30 less damage with the falchion.

Hmm think i'm gonna have to run some more tests ie, get more accruate resist info etc..

I hitted my buffbot for 2 hours long with 95% then 2 hours long with 99% and it was the same damage well maybe 2/5 dam less but i call that the same :flame:

And slash resist is other then fire :p fire gets 10% penalty on studded/chain/plate only 15% bonus on leather so there is the dam diff :p

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Mordyn said:

NOTE: These modifiers only apply to Legendary weapon and bolts. Nothing else deals locational magic dmg.

+ means armor takes additional dmg
- means armor takes reduced dmg

______________Heat___Cold___Matter___Energy

all Cloth_______+0%____+0%_____+0%______+0%
all Leather____+15%___-10%_____-5%______+0%
Studded/Reinf__-10%____+5%_____+5%______+5%
all Chain______-10%____+0%_____+0%_____+10%
Plate/Scale____-10%___+10%____-10%_____+10%

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Just found this on the herald:

Q: Can you or any of the code boys state if Quality matters for Legendary Weapons?

A: The answer lay with not the code boys, but the Item Princess! ”Indeed it does. Even though the damage that comes from a legendary weapon is elemental instead of physical (slash, crush, or thrust), the quality of the legendary weapon affects the DPS the same as if it were a normal damage type weapon.”

:mad:

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm so by that table... Slasher's should really go for Energy Legendary weapons to get bonuses for armours that are neutral/resistant to slash.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Going by the damage tables, Energy Based Weapons are the best choice for the most complete weapon with resist table.

However, if you fight alot of Stealthers. Fire based are your cup of tea I imagine.

Chilly

Balls of steel
seems a bit crap that you can directly resists the dmg they do tho, u cant cast a Slash absorb buff if your a cleric, altho u can do an energy absorb one. Surely the dmg these swords are going to do will be less vs a buffed grp than a reglar weapon therefore shite anyway?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chilly said:
seems a bit crap that you can directly resists the dmg they do tho, u cant cast a Slash absorb buff if your a cleric, altho u can do an energy absorb one. Surely the dmg these swords are going to do will be less vs a buffed grp than a reglar weapon therefore shite anyway?

depends on the group - a chain wearer has 36% slash resist... a savage can have even more ..

but yeah they're not "uber" by any means.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I have a MP legendary pyroclasmic longbow and it is real nasty. With various other items which improve speed and damage i am doing 400+ damage every 2 seconds (non crit) and the bow seems to proc every other arrow (30 to 50).

So far i am very impressed with the bow.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
depends on the group - a chain wearer has 36% slash resist... a savage can have even more ..

but yeah they're not "uber" by any means.

all alb armor is neutral to slash fyi

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Gethin said:
I have a MP legendary pyroclasmic longbow and it is real nasty. With various other items which improve speed and damage i am doing 400+ damage every 2 seconds (non crit) and the bow seems to proc every other arrow (30 to 50).

So far i am very impressed with the bow.

And I thought bows didn't do any elemental damage? .. they still do slash/thrust/crush.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Urme the Legend said:
And I thought bows didn't do any elemental damage? .. they still do slash/thrust/crush.

they do - but the proc is more often on the bow to make up for it :) (so you can debuff then proc again for extra damage)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
they do - but the proc is more often on the bow to make up for it :) (so you can debuff then proc again for extra damage)
he also has an elemental thruster, so he's already debuffed for the damage he goes on to do in melee ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Chatting to a ranger using a Legendary Bow and she reckoned it proc's 50% of the time roughly.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
the weapon ingredients are hardly rare

dust of creation (energy... i think?) / cauldron of vivifying water (cold) drops like all the time from ml2/3/4 encounters

i've got a cauldron of vivifying water 3 times out of 7 deaths on rionne (2.4 mob) and shes easily farmable with a 20 ish min repop and killable with 1fg

so rare? certainly not those two.

although people seem to wanna buy dust of creation a lot :)

sold 2 for 1plat each recently :D

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:
NOTE: These modifiers only apply to Legendary weapon and bolts. Nothing else deals locational magic dmg.

+ means armor takes additional dmg
- means armor takes reduced dmg

______________Heat___Cold___Matter___Energy

all Cloth_______+0%____+0%_____+0%______+0%
all Leather____+15%___-10%_____-5%______+0%
Studded/Reinf__-10%____+5%_____+5%______+5%
all Chain______-10%____+0%_____+0%_____+10%
Plate/Scale____-10%___+10%____-10%_____+10%
Is this still in then? Energy would then always be a bad choice... (or good? I'm confused lol)

Something like this was in the game for 'normal magic damage' but removed in the beta... Or so mythic makes us believe... my remark would suggest a link to a place with logs, if this was somewhat logical, I would believe it sooner, but it just doesnt add... One type only has +, the other has more - then +, and spirit is said to be completely neutral ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom