Leeds

ECA

I am a FH squatter
brooky said:
I am from Leeds, i cant use punctuation or capital letters eiffer, its a greet city, 'Crapital of the North', the students tend to hang out and mug people just outside the city, you should be ok there mate.Its also home of the mighty Leeds United home of the finest womans rugby teem known to mankindhttp://www.leedsunited.com/index.asp

Here is the local gay bar I frequent.http://www.mojobar.co.uk/

Blimey.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Leeds is awesome, and capital of the north, the dirty Mancs just cant take it! We have the fastest growth rate in the UK and we also have the highest population out of London.

For students though you have made a grand choice! I live on the East side of the city but work in one of the best places in the world, Headingley. The place is rammed wall to wall full of fanny and has some great boozers. The Original Oak is the number one spot, it takes more money than any other boozer in the UK and has the record for takings in a weekend in the UK. The Skyrack, Trio and Ark are also decent boozers in Headingley (Stay away from the box because its full of stuck up wankers)

Whilst in Headingley you can visit the famous world champions that is know as the mighty LEEDS RHINOS! You will get in cheap as your a student, if you dont know anything about RL dont worry you can ogle the cheerleaders :)

The main city itsself is a differnt thing. During the day there is loads to do, visit the Light Complex, or Warner Village, you can walk around shopping, go the the grannery wharf near the canel and lots more, plus there is once again loads of Fanny! On a night I reccomend visiting Greek Street, a street full of bars full of fanny! Keep away from Boar land and down there its full of Chavs! You can also eat in the city there is tonnes of places.

Just out of Leeds on the outskirts you have, Oulton, a nice place to get pisssed, Wetherby another place full of fanny.

Anyway great choice choosing Godscounty mate. :worthy: :cheers:

G

Darthy, good to see you posting again. /me offers out the olive branch

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Never been to Leeds, but i've chosen to go to Hull university next year, along the line of this thread i was wondering what people think of Hull and whether anyone knowns much about the uni. (I've been to the uni, but just want other peoples opinions) Cheers.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I went to Hull once to get a ferry, looked a bit crap :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hull is a distinctly shit place. There is nothing there.

Tilda

Going to hull will gaurentee for the next 5 years after you leave, to have people asking you to repeat yourself twice. Hardest to understand accent, ever!

I got sent a uni brochure from hull, it looked a bit odd :p

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Darthshearer said:
Leeds is awesome, and capital of the north, the dirty Mancs just cant take it! We have the fastest growth rate in the UK and we also have the highest population out of London.
You certainly don't have the highest population out of London:

Office of National Statistics said:
Source (IE Only by the looks of it)
Leeds: Resident Population 715,402
Birmingham: Resident Population 977,087 (This doesn't even include the rest of the West Midlands - Sandwell, Dudley & Wolverhampton)

If you take Manchester as a whole (Including Trafford, Salford and Stockport) you get 1,000,000
And as for the growth rate, it may be the largest of most of the major urban areas (most urban areas are decreasing) but its nothing compared to the growth in most of the rural areas of England and Wales. (Look at the map for Population Change 1991 - 2001)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
High growth rate means a good city?

Beijing must fucking rock then. And pubs with the highest takings in the UK. Hmm can you smell the Stella drinking Smirnoff ice loving punters...... yes you can. Lovely Lynx smell.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Garaen said:
Never been to Leeds, but i've chosen to go to Hull university next year, along the line of this thread i was wondering what people think of Hull and whether anyone knowns much about the uni. (I've been to the uni, but just want other peoples opinions) Cheers.

I grew up in Hull, and when I lived there (a long time ago tbfh) it was actually pretty good, with decent nightlife, but unlike Leeds or Manchester (where I went to Uni), I don't think Hull's that geared up for students - most of the clubs are real 'townie' places and the pubs in the town centre aren't student-friendly either (Students tended to hang out nearer to the Uni itself or on Spring Bank which is where a lot of the student accomodation is).

Strange thing about Hull is how remote it feels from the rest of the country, creates quite a unique feel about the place. What it isn't (Tom) is a 'distinctly shit place' - its actually quite a pleasant place to live.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
brooky said:
Never been before, but my mates he head of security for all the creations in the UK, he says they are pretty good.

There's only 5 of 'em (Leeds, Stoke, Cardiff, Brighton & Leicester), Leeds is regarded as the nicest of the bunch by other managers within the company.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
The one in Brighton is a fucking shite hole!!

Chavtastic. But it is on West Street so can't expect much better.

God knows about the rest.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Heh, I know. I went down there a couple of weeks ago for Dave Pearce, we went past all these nice places along the seafront then we turned down a side road and there it is - opposite the Quality Hotel. :\

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Event looked pretty derelict tbh, is it a club or an auditorium or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom