Leave now?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the final nail in the coffin for English DAOC, with Req And Xalin leaving and the new GM's not wanting to post on the forums.

No news on the Dyvet population for months now..

I would love it to be differant, but in honest i dont things are going to change now, are are able to change.

Its time to move on or take a break for a while till something else gives that that fun community spirit you get from playing a game, or just messing around with friends online. Sometimes i just used to logon to chat and help guildies out (well the beer on a friday night did help) :)

I have been playing WOW for a while, its not the best in end game, but am with a good guild and that to me makes a lot more difference. It might not be everyones playstyle, but i am enjoying it.

If anyone wants to have some fun and a laugh, send me an ingame mail to scorge on bloodhoof server and i will send you some gold to help you start out and/or invite you to the guild.

Its fun playing with friends, plus there is a real life meet in september for drunken debauchery and sex with sheep...

:m00:

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
scorge: I think that DAOC will be in big trouble this summer, and for this reason moving is a good idea.

But before advertising any given server, I think you should also give out a bit of free advice: You can PVP even on non PVP servers, and many people say: They can't stand the community on PVP servers, even if they enjoy PVPing. So try out different server types.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Agree, I don't play Dyvet but I've not given up the hope, something will be done.

Everz

FH is my second home
i aint touched in a year.. fm2k7 ftw.. :england:

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
As ive been saying to people for a while GOA wont do anything for EU servers and i agree this is the final nail in the coffin, I hope everyone learns a lesson and to play US servers for WAR as they say once bitten twice shy. I love how req and the other GM's had big plans for this cluster not so long ago and you wouldnt belive it but they wont be doing sod all.

Ive lvld up some chars on avalon i dont speak any german but its pretty easy on that cluster lots of ML raids, Art Raids, English Alliance and most germans speak english (mainly when they want something lol) so always an alternative if you want to keep playing a well populated server but be nice if GOA actually toke a finger out of there ass and did something, dont see why they cant merge UK servers with US servers then atleast there wont be a lanuage barrier they did it for the Japanese server

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like the final nail in the coffin for English DAOC, with Req And Xalin leaving and the new GM's not wanting to post on the forums.

No news on the Dyvet population for months now..

I would love it to be differant, but in honest i dont things are going to change now, are are able to change.

Its time to move on or take a break for a while till something else gives that that fun community spirit you get from playing a game, or just messing around with friends online. Sometimes i just used to logon to chat and help guildies out (well the beer on a friday night did help) :)

I have been playing WOW for a while, its not the best in end game, but am with a good guild and that to me makes a lot more difference. It might not be everyones playstyle, but i am enjoying it.

If anyone wants to have some fun and a laugh, send me an ingame mail to scorge on bloodhoof server and i will send you some gold to help you start out and/or invite you to the guild.

Its fun playing with friends, plus there is a real life meet in september for drunken debauchery and sex with sheep...

:m00:

Hold your horses, new GM's incoming, give them a chance and I do at least believe Req when he says they are working behind the scenes on 'something'.

Gamah

Banned
Hold your horses, new GM's incoming, give them a chance and I do at least believe Req when he says they are working behind the scenes on 'something'.

I think its about time GOA have had enough chances don't you?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see why people think new GM's is a bad thing.

From the horrendious standards the old ones performed, things really can only improve. Albeit, I fear the problem is less the GM, and more the organisation at GoA.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I think some folks are overlooking things here and mixing em up.
As for the Management of Community, if, as i believe, there are standard rulesets (as the fucking SOtG etc) for handling things, no matter what GM will be on from now on, he will always take same decisions Requiel took.
Unless ofc the whole English Team decides to change how they handle these things (but i strongly fear it won't happen simply cause it would entail that they were wrong before -.-).
As for the population problems, u can't really think that a change of GM will lead to anything, cause it's crystal clear (and obvious) that it isn't GM/Community Manager job to find those solutions, but a Company move.
Another pair of hands is communication of what's going on behind the scenes to Community, but the answer here is clear and simple: it won't change anything cause new GM already said he won't post here. So :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yeah well. read some of the posts aimed at either req or xalin and i bet u'd see why they refuse to go to this board.

ppl got what they asked for imo. i fully support the new GM's for not wanting to be here. i know i wouldent if it was me.

comming here to get flamed to death isnt part of their job.

aimed at everyone in general and noone in particular: Stop being such asshats against the GM's and maybe, just maybe, u'd see the new GM's here to. but thats kinda to late now....

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
comming here to get flamed to death isnt part of their job.

So very true, no reason to use FH as the main source of communication.

It is why they should use daoc.goa.com, the official site!

But, in every crisis that have been in the past, they failed to do this. Why they were afraid to post on the official site is beyond me, but the fact remains they were.

Perhaps with this change, a new competent GM will appear. One that realize fast and reliable information is important.

Good riddance Requiel and Xalin.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
But still guys
Not the people playing the cluster on dyvet that is killing it.
It's the ones leaving it that gives it the final nail in coffin no one leave = population ok
Most leave population = going a path that can only lead straight to hell.
But guess some "elite" will come here and show me otherwise ;) (Yes Septina i know u wanted to tell me right or wrong here) GO for it

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with Aoln! Havnt had this fun for a long time. Move to US :)

Jumping on the US bandwagon, its so much more fun than I had the last times I was on EU, the timezone shit doesnt even bother me anymore either!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Jumping on the US bandwagon, its so much more fun than I had the last times I was on EU, the timezone shit doesnt even bother me anymore either!

fotmquitter!! :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
But, in every crisis that have been in the past, they failed to do this.

nothing what so ever? u better read through the news history some more. think u missed a shedload there.....

Gamah

Banned
People asticking up for GOA after they have fucked the server so much makes me laff!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
nothing what so ever? u better read through the news history some more. think u missed a shedload there.....

a shedload, maybe.
But there should've been a helluva lot more than what they did and do put on the official site.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
People asticking up for GOA after they have fucked the server so much makes me laff!

i'm sorry but i cant say the same about you....

and GOA havent done many things that have been directly bad towards the server.. 99% of that shit comes from Mythic....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
a shedload, maybe.
But there should've been a helluva lot more than what they did and do put on the official site.

like what? a gazillion posts about "xxx has happend, were working to fix it" and xxx is still not fixed, but we keep working on it"? coz thats all there would ever be. they post something *when* theres something worth posting.

the 1 first post about it is quite enough. they dont have to update it every hour with "still down/broken/whatever, still working on it" etc etc etc, just because ppl dont have a social life to spend a few hours on.

it might be frustrating not to know every fucking detail about what went wrong, how and when. but we dont really need to know.

when they know when the servers will get back up, they post that.

and no ammount of childish bitching will ever make them treat us better, quite the contrary.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
i'm sorry but i cant say the same about you....

and GOA havent done many things that have been directly bad towards the server.. 99% of that shit comes from Mythic....

man, you are brainwashed, quite sad to see..

aaaaaaaanyways.. why leave because of what Requiel has done, he alone have already caused enough people to leave.

Leave because you want to, not because of what some lousy GM does. Imo. :eek7:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I think some folks are overlooking things here and mixing em up.
As for the Management of Community, if, as i believe, there are standard rulesets (as the fucking SOtG etc) for handling things, no matter what GM will be on from now on, he will always take same decisions Requiel took.
Unless ofc the whole English Team decides to change how they handle these things (but i strongly fear it won't happen simply cause it would entail that they were wrong before -.-).
As for the population problems, u can't really think that a change of GM will lead to anything, cause it's crystal clear (and obvious) that it isn't GM/Community Manager job to find those solutions, but a Company move.
Another pair of hands is communication of what's going on behind the scenes to Community, but the answer here is clear and simple: it won't change anything cause new GM already said he won't post here. So :p

Has the new GM said that? Thought it was Req who said that? Post was that new gm may post here, after they have found their feet.

I also think that the decision taken were taken purely by the english gm's and not by the company. Hence the oft quoted difference between the uk gms and the german gms. Wait and see anyhow, hope everyone is prepared to do that at least. May as well see it as a positive for now. I am.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
man, you are brainwashed, quite sad to see..

no i'm not brainwashed. i can just see the diffrence between GOA and Mythic. its quite obvious that way to many of this board can't.

GOA have fucked up a fair few times. but its no way near as much as most ppl here want to believe.

but they have also gone to great extent to fix many thing they really didnt have to. like the item loss, they could just as well have said "tough luck"....

ppl really do like to forget that its Mythic that calls the shots. GOA have very little to say if Mythic wants them to do anything.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
But still guys
Not the people playing the cluster on dyvet that is killing it.
It's the ones leaving it that gives it the final nail in coffin no one leave = population ok
Most leave population = going a path that can only lead straight to hell.
But guess some "elite" will come here and show me otherwise ;) (Yes Septina i know u wanted to tell me right or wrong here) GO for it

Nice way of shielding yourself from sensible replies by already stating that anyone disagreeing with you is an elitist of some sort, whatever relevance that has.

I think you could use a fair dose of something called self-insight. How on earth can you put the blame on people for not being able to enjoy the server at it's current state, do you mean that people not enjoying playing on Dyvet should stay against their will to please the remaining players(many of them the sole reason for them leaving)? The population has been declining for quite some time now, for natural reasons the decline speeds up, like a bad circle, but let me teach you a little lesson:

It's not people LEAVING, that is the biggest problem. It's the fact that NO new players are JOINING the game.

Prydwen and Excalibur used to have a lot of flourishing communities, be it roleplayers, fg vs fg people etc, communities such as the fg vs fg oriented players ceased to exist(or moved elsewhere due to the numbers on cluster being too low), and many other kind of communities disappered too. What happened was that the server ended up in hosting only one kind of community, players with total disregard for others, players that were more interested in numbers or attaining ranks. A server with only one type of players is not healthy.

The amusing part in this is that now that the so called "elitists" are gone, why is not Dyvet heaven on earth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom