Leave Me Alone! >_<

C

ChillyDawg

<Shaking with anger>
Iv been reading these boards for nigh on a year and in allllll that time iv seen and taken part in many a discussion about smite clerics, me being one, not FULL smite, i admit (im smite/rej) but smite none the less. And in all those luvly discussions i(we) always come out worst, so IM GONNA start one and tell you bastards to fuck off and leave me(us) alone!!!!!!

What is wrong with a cleric smiting?
Before you reach for your quote button and talok some bshit at me: Is it not the same as a tank (pally/arms) NOT being S+S?
Is it NOT the same as all you FUCKING air theurs "Randomnameofaittheur ISREALLYAWIZSODONTASKFORPBT"?
Iv been in several groups recently on my acension to lvl50 in DF and whatnot and these theurgists all give a perfectly good explanation: Its my char, if you dont like me, boot me.
Now, i can completely aggree with this, seeing as i have my char specced for dmg output as well as its primary role (healing, in case any of you dumbass buffbots are reading). I ENJOY smiting something, smite is NOT useless, i hit for a good 350 in rvr on an even con unless they have stupid resists (which most do, sadly - but that affects us all) and my stun is the best in alb, and you fuckers all know it, a 9 sec castable RANGED stun, its more powerful than healing in many occasions cos i cna heal about 1200 HP in 9 secs, not many tanks can do that much dmg in the same time, and if a nuker gets hold of you, clerics are useless anyway - your dead in a flash.

Anyway, away from the drivel and moaning, WHY THE FUCK shouldnt i smite in RvR??? It being no different than a theur not having pbt and not casting grp BT when under attack etc..

</Shaking with anger>

Anyway, im quite (i use the term quite loosly) good healer, just ask a guildie ,)

Dawg

C

ChillyDawg

bah humbug, should really have put my nice rant in the alb section...oh well. fuck it. Now i get to be flamed by thrice as many ppl, yay!

S

soth-zorena

Sorry to all who do thanes who I whined at when they did their ae hammer... =D

L

loxleyhood

Even if smite is useless, and quite frankly, I don't have a clue, it looks pretty.

C

ChillyDawg

excellent lox, excellent - thats the REAL reason iuse it tbh...this damage milarky is just a side effect. And a good argument to shut the fuckers who complain at me up.

M

Mageling

eh...

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
excellent lox, excellent - thats the REAL reason iuse it tbh...this damage milarky is just a side effect. And a good argument to shut the fuckers who complain at me up.

If you want to nuke - roll a mage?

S

Sharp Thing

giv more smite clerics so we can farm albs easier! :D

O

old.Xanthian

More smiters please!
Smiters = less heals :>

G

Galiryn

Smiting cleric in a group = a dead tank

Belive me, ive been there..

R

redknapp

Patch report 1.64
-------------------------

Smite Clerics
To underline the fact that it is ok for Clerics to smite, we have given them a new spell, Mjolliners Other Hammer. This will do about 9 damage per enemy, and break all mezzes and roots in a 1500 radius.

Have pride in your smiteyness. If people moan at me for using cave and not being their bot, i remove all their buffs :D

R

Repent Reloaded

I think ppl dont like smite clerics becoz
1. They dont heal as gud as rejv spec cleric
2. Tanks die alot faster
3. If u wanna do dmg and heal make a fucking friar.
4. MOST other caster class can out damage a smite cleric thus making it a wasted char.
5. u wast mana with BS smites
6. Air thuergs can still nuke,pet stun,mezz etc... just coz they dont have pbt doesnt make'em shit.

A

Aule Valar

and almost all air therugs have 10sec pbt anyway, which is good enough for most pve stuff, and get 2 and theres no probs

also i can chaincast pbt, giving about 3sec pbt for quite a while, long enough to survive a bad pull anyway

and if you go full air, then sure you could be a wiz, bu do wiz have speed and mes?

X

xplo

You can smithe all you want, as long as I get ress :D

S

Sibanac

We wub you Chilly

Ohh poor Chilly, dont listen to them we love yer gimpy arse as it is.

now heal me damit!!

F

finbahr

chilly its your char not theirs play it as you want

A

Aule Valar

however salvation is now at hand, go anon, when dead people ask you for a res, tell em your a crush reaver ;)

E

Erekrose

ROFL

I wonder why Mythic puts other options to spec in? Maybe its so people can play how they like?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Aule Valar
however salvation is now at hand, go anon, when dead people ask you for a res, tell em your a crush reaver ;)

The cleric epic and none stop lightning strikes around em might give it away tho :)

S

SotH-Byffa

DONT LISTEN TO THEM!!! SPECC SMITE!!!!1

u will feel like a gimp if u dont have smite u damn n00b... i want more smite clerics that can break all my mezzes...

/whisper everyone but chillydawg psst!!1 dont tell this to Chillydawg but im not a healer ;) i just want another gimped cleric to arrive when i ding 50

A

alithiel50

There are plenty of good smite spec clerics out there who can heal a group perfectly well... It's just a case of knowing your class and doing the right thig at the right time.

The only real complaint I have with the smite spec is that while you're able to heal, you are also potentially depriving your group of much needed buffs. You end up needing a buffbot to ensure that the group is sufficiently buffed to go out and fight.

So if you want people to stop whining about your smite spec, roll another Cleric on a second account and spec him as a group buffbot that you can park at the PK - then you'll be able to provide the full service that everyone wants in an RvR group! :rolleyes:

T

tisme

Originally posted by Repent
I think ppl dont like smite clerics becoz
1. They dont heal as gud as rejv spec cleric
2. Tanks die alot faster
3. If u wanna do dmg and heal make a fucking friar.
4. MOST other caster class can out damage a smite cleric thus making it a wasted char.
5. u wast mana with BS smites
6. Air thuergs can still nuke,pet stun,mezz etc... just coz they dont have pbt doesnt make'em shit.

hmmmmm i love my smite....does that make me a wasted cleric :(
havent had any complaints about my healing yet....tho my buffs....(well thats a different story.....i didnt wanna be a buff bott)i have had a few moans about them.

H

hercules-df

Ignore em m8, all the ppl who cuss smite clerics are as bad as the crusaders, IF YOU DONT DO WHAT THEY THINK IS RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG, AND EVIL, AND ARE GHEY, AND LAME, AND WILL GET PWNED. <insert more generic geek chat>

play the game how you want m8, yes non s & s tanks get mocked a bit too, not to the extent of smite clerics tho.

B

belth

Blue buffs sux :eek: While there are good smiters, there's always the ones who don't heal/stun/etc when it's crucial "wtf i would've killed that caster if you healed me even once!" but instead smite that nearby fully buffed tank... Those are the ones why smite-clerics have a bad name I'd say.

C

ChillyDawg

well i fink im pretty competant in terms of healing and not smiting in critical situations, smite is damned useful, i ahve a 30sec mez every 5 mins, which ain thalf useful when u get zerged by a FG and u happen to get them all for 10 secs, gives your grp ennuf time to either a) run like the underpowered gay boys threy are or b) SPRINT like the underpowered gay boys they are

and tbh, i can take a lot of even con classes solo, combination of stunnin gand smiting for 250 is pretty lethal. But anyway, furk off the lotta ya!

and btw sib, what epic??? i dont wear it, but i do like idea aobugt beign a crush reaver......

A

Armalite

Have pride in your smiteyness. If people moan at me for using cave and not being their bot, i remove all their buffs :D [/B]

Way to go buddy. It's the same with me. If people call me taxi, I don't help them with skald speed. It's tough love; People seem to only respond to harsh treatment.

A

alme

Give more smite clerics!!
I much rather get nuked for 50dmg instead of the guy im hitting getting healed for 500 ^^

Users who are viewing this thread