Games League of Legends

Afran

Part of the furniture
Just wondering if anyone else is playing this, me and my brother play it most days and if anyone's else doing so could be fun to team up for a premade, now that they've implemented Twisted Treeline one more would be good for 3v3, else 5v5 if more ^^

For those that don't know about it, it's a game similar to WC3/DotA purely built for competitive multiplayer and you can view the differences between LoL and DotA aswell as some information on the game at League of Legends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you're interested in playing you can create an account and then download it FREE at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/ - The whole game is free and you can trial certain champions at any one time which I believe rotates weekly, if you want one permanently you can buy it on the store either with real money or "IP" which is a currency earnt in game for winning/losing online matches, winning obviously gives more.

Would recommend giving it a try! Best to do 1-2 practice matches then jump right into online play.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Is this sorta lika "tower defence" game ?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Hmm, not really, it's a lot like DotA than anything else. Although the overall objective is to destroy their towers allowing you to destroy their "inhibitors" which spawn you "super minions" then destroy the last two towers defending the "nexus" which when destroyed your team wins (or loses if yours is destroyed)

Just try it, as I said it's free :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Installing now - will let ya know how i find it :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i've tried HoN and had a beta acc for ages not tried LoL tho... gonna give it a go now and see what I think

Afran

Part of the furniture
Add "Afran" to friends if wanna do some games with moi!

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Holy shit this game is addictive - add AsmoLoE

Afran

Part of the furniture
Level 18 summoner now, Nidalee ftw :D

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Afran was not found? Seems like there might be a bug? Either that or we both need to be online at the same time

Afran

Part of the furniture
Get 10,000 referrals and you get a trip paid by Ruin for a trip to their HQ and design your own champion xD

There's also bonuses at 5/50/100/1000/5000 can't remember them exactly but things like unique skins/a map named after you (think that was 1k) etc

For friends I made nub mistake and it does not use your account name but your summoner's name, mine is Afrandor :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Finally level 20 \o/

Upon reaching this level and seing just how many IP points it costs to fully make a tier 3 rune book (or those slots available at level 30) I would advise that you don't purchase any tier 1 / tier 2 runes as they don't make a noticable impact really and just end up a waste of IP's. I had 6000 IP and only managed to purchase two tier 3 red, six tier 3 blue and two tier 3 quintessence, leaves me with zero yellow and 4 empty red slots :)

If you're thinking you can just buy tier 1/2 then combine em for tier 3 later forget it, you get completely random useless crap unless you're extremely lucky (you'd have to get a tier 3 rune and one that is actually useful to your champion, I got +mp5 & hp5 which are useless for any as a mark ><

Afran

Part of the furniture
Playing much, Garaen? Would be pro to have a 3rd for 3v3 :)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yea playing quite a bit when I get time, about level 8 or 9. Have tried to add you as a friend but it won't let me :( - what are your favourite champs? I'm quite liking Warwick atm, looking to buy Shen as he just looks so badass

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yea playing quite a bit when I get time, about level 8 or 9. Have tried to add you as a friend but it won't let me :( - what are your favourite champs? I'm quite liking Warwick atm, looking to buy Shen as he just looks so badass

What is your summoner's name?

I play Nidalee for 5v5 and Malphite for 3v3 generally. Warwick's great in most setups for 3v3 unsure for 5v5 :)

Shen's great for both if played correctly as a tank not a DPS.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure whether to move to the EU servers or not - after DAoC i'm pretty wary of anything GOA do and from reading the whines on the forums it seems as if they arn't handling it too well tbh, you had any problems with them?

Afran

Part of the furniture
I was unsure too :p I've had some disconnect issues but not a lot and since the last patch it's been rather stable, I played probably 150 games and maybe 10 of them screwed up or simply didn't start, and atleast EU's matchmaking works and the US one is broken ;p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried to play on the EU servers but kept getting kicked out of queues and the chat wasn't working so have gone back to US, the service is much better.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Probably because they had maintenance? :p Lasted 1h

Afran

Part of the furniture
Nerf, Jax is so fun ;< played til 5:45am ftl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom