Lazy PC Spec Question

leggy

Probably Scottish
So I used to relish the opportunity to build my own rig but I'm older, richer and fucking lazy. I really want a SFF gaming PC that I can hide easily and I found this (reasonably expensive) effort at Chillblast:

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Mammoth.html

Now as I haven't priced components for about 10 years, I was hoping someone could cast an eye and let me know if it's too expensive for what I get. I'll obviously customize it and remove the unnecessary shite (ULTIMATE cable management etc), as I can do all that myself if I feel like it and I already have a few windows keys.

There are other cases but this one is my fav (maybe not the Focus ST orange version though).

Cheers dudes!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They're charging about a £100-150 premium to build it ( more because components are cheaper for them obv ), which you could use to go from a gtx 770 to a gtx 780.

But I'd be happy paying £50 quid to a company to build a pc, and some profit on top, so it's pretty reasonable imo.

Last edited:

leggy

Probably Scottish
Thanks for the advice ECA, much appreciated. As there aren't many games that could stress the setup too much, I wasn't overly worried about upgrading the gfx card (but I have no experience with recent generation cards).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh Nvidia has launched it's Maxwell range of GPU, which allegedly offer a similar bang for your buck as kephler at a lower TDP...maybe. iirc the new chip is available in "lower" models of the card gamut, something like the 750ti, et al. Anyway, it could be construed as a step down (not that you'll notice...visually) but it won't have uber fan noise to come with it and it won't be as massive as some of the other cards out there (I mean, my !! 5oo series card is friggin HUGE, and has two fans pff)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2097...premely-power-efficient-gpu-architecture.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom