Late night keep takes

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Anarch said:
Come mid ore try hib for a wile you prolly notic wy people do this
1. Albs have more players then mids/hibs toghether
2. All Overpowerd classes are in albion
etc etc etc.cba to type them all down

1. Bullshit. Alb only has like 5-10% more players than mid afaik (hard to check with daoc-stats down..)
2. Making even less sense here :x Bd/sm/savage etc seem perfectly balanced to you then?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Not everyone can play at prime time, i work in a bar so i work usually from 1-2pm or 9-10am if beer lines need cleaning xD and return home around midnight, your saying i should be restricted to PvE because its not prime time? Dont think so, not everyone has the same playtimes etc.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Not everyone can play at prime time, i work in a bar so i work usually from 1-2pm or 9-10am if beer lines need cleaning xD and return home around midnight, your saying i should be restricted to PvE because its not prime time? Dont think so, not everyone has the same playtimes etc.

I don't play at prime time either, it's rare I'm online before 11pm GMT for that matter, but 5am ?

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
Alyssania said:
Also atm hibs and mids have way more archers than albs which is not ofcourse your problem but it is I think great problem for albs.

Thats right mate, albs you need more scouts!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Alyssania said:
Also atm hibs and mids have way more archers than albs which is not ofcourse your problem but it is I think great problem for albs.

203 level 50 scouts (48 RR5+)
180 level 50 rangers (34 RR5+)
206 level 50 hunters (38 RR5+)

Yep; Hibs and Mids have 'way more archers' then Albs. Guess 3 more hunters and 23 less rangers makes it 'way more' uhuh. Albion also has most RR5+ archers.

Total stealtherpopulation is ofcourse higher in Albion due to 3 stealth-classes compared to 2 in the other realms.

And when it comes to complaining about archers: Albion has the most classes who can spec for a "shield" and become invulnerable to archers (armsman+paladin+reaver+scout vs thane+warrior vs hero+champ+valewalker) and the best abilities to reduce archery-damage (spec-AF, highest tier armours, mincer ablative).

Also Albion has the upper hands in archery due to the highest range on their bows.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Leleith said:
Then we take the relic 5.30 in the morning.

Yes that was right we took your power relic at a very late time but remember the first relic raid on the server since NF, Just to remind you of course.
Funny seeing you whine about it though as when Hibs took the Alb strenght relic it was extremely late then also but justified by the fact that the raid "started" at primetime which was the same with when the Albs took your power relic, it started at primetime so less QQ.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Straef said:
1. Bullshit. Alb only has like 5-10% more players than mid afaik (hard to check with daoc-stats down..)
2. Making even less sense here :x Bd/sm/savage etc seem perfectly balanced to you then?
Try check the lw guild rp, and see howmany of those mids who are actually rvr'ing.
Fyi its:
Alb 25mill (2420 active chars) = 10,330 rp/active char
Hib 16mill (1553 active chars) = 10,302 rp/active char
Mid 12mill (2088 active chars) = 5,747 rp/active char
This clearly shows how nerfed mids are atm, both char wise and class wise:
1) Many mids (both RvR and PvE doods) have left the game for RL/WoW/EQ2 etc. and only two gg are running atm (Bad Omen and Savage Conclave, also shown in the "Most Active Guild"-chart)
2) Alb classes are more usefull in keep siege/zerg vs. zerg fights compared to mid classes and Albs have higher population than both hib and mid. This indicates that in the long run we'll see the same thing as on all other servers, albs zerging their way to all relics and making the realms even more unballanced. The blame for this shouldnt be aimed towards albs, as they are just using the tools at hand and taking advantage of the situation. The problems lies with mythic and their uber development team. They have tried ballancing it out with Catacombs, where we see insanely overpowered chars, that will need a thoroug nerf. And by the looks of it the correction of earlier mistakes are too late to save DAoC. The best part is that they introduce a new PvE expansion, with ToA in mind (categorized as the worst expansion so far) and still think they'll get away with it :eek7:
Enough whine for tonight, see ya at the next reaverbomb-drop :m00:

Nate

FH is my second home
Equendil said:
Albs haven't done relic raids in the morning, no more than hibs did when they got alb strenght relic, relic raids just take a *very* long time from start to finish.

haha, before ur time i guess matey :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Megarevs said:
Try check the lw guild rp, and see howmany of those mids who are actually rvr'ing.
Fyi its:

what's your point with this?? All this shows is that mids are QQ babies an need to zerg more insteada having gank groups going round.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
All this shows is that mids are QQ babies an need to zerg more insteada having gank groups going round.

Omg, when u figure that mids dont like zerging and good players prefere to quit insted dropping in ur level ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Bibi said:
Omg, when u figure that mids dont like zerging and good players prefere to quit insted dropping in ur level ?

Good players prefer to quit rather than adjust to changes in the game ? I prefer not to believe that.

The Hibernian gank guilds are most effective in support of their war effort, cutting off supply lines, and the like. Managing thereby to have the open field rvr they like, within the keep war that others like.

In the US, the main factor in Albion doing much better was population. On Prydwen Albion, though largest, doesn't dominiate the population in the same way. Hibernia have shown how much more important organisation is now, and done very well.

Darzil

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Megarevs said:
The blame for this shouldnt be aimed towards albs, as they are just using the tools at hand and taking advantage of the situation. The problems lies with mythic and their uber development team.

Actually, I find it more annoying that they didn't just let us go to 1.71 where the problems are reduced. Not balanced, but much harder for a realm to dominate the relics.

@Darzil

Which Prydwen are you playing on? Albs have a bigger active RvR population advantage here than on many US server where they have 6 relics.

The difference is hibbies had a good start and managed to take advantage of situations to get hold of the str relics. They have continued to put much effort into the defense, whic hhas also been helped by not being double teamed ... much... despite Mids helping Alb to +20% Power :eek:

Isletha

Loyal Freddie
Megarevs said:
Fyi its:
1) Many mids (both RvR and PvE doods) have left the game for RL/WoW/EQ2 etc. and only two gg are running atm (Bad Omen and Savage Conclave, also shown in the "Most Active Guild"-chart)
2) Alb classes are more usefull in keep siege/zerg vs. zerg fights compared to mid classes and Albs have higher population than both hib and mid. This indicates that in the long run we'll see the same thing as on all other servers, albs zerging their way to all relics and making the realms even more unballanced. The blame for this shouldnt be aimed towards albs, as they are just using the tools at hand and taking advantage of the situation. The problems lies with mythic and their uber development team. They have tried ballancing it out with Catacombs, where we see insanely overpowered chars, that will need a thoroug nerf. And by the looks of it the correction of earlier mistakes are too late to save DAoC. The best part is that they introduce a new PvE expansion, with ToA in mind (categorized as the worst expansion so far) and still think they'll get away with it :eek7:

i could not agree more with what you have just said i for one will be closing both accounts down arfter 4 years of playing when WoW is out as in my books mythic have ****** this game up big time and as you said it is not albs,mids or hibs fault they are just given these things to use so i think if any flaming should be aimed at anyone aim it at mythic for being total dicks :kissit:

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Um, you queried me then agreed with me ?

Darzil

Don't think I agreed with you.

You said Alb didn't dominate the population, but they do.

They don't dominate the server, but that is down to some good defense from the hibbies, mixed with Mids helping us more than you (and probably themselves ...) with a good dose of luck thrown in.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Megarevs said:
Fyi its:
Mids aren't nerfed, they just cba going out into the frontier unless they've got at least 3 relics to make it easy for em :x
There's plenty of albs that left aswell, and atm there's only 2-3 decent groups running, and the rest is just randoms/scouts/reaver noobs. And half the time I go out the only classes I run in to are stealthers, so if mids _really_ cared about their realm like they say, they'd play some decent chars rather then stealthing away and fight for their keeps? -.-
Also hibs seem to be doing rather well since NF, yet they have a lower population than mids. Mids might wanna put some effort into defending before starting new whine threads bout how poor and nerfed they are :eek:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bibi said:
What's with the 'mids don't have good zerg chars and albs do' excuses if next thing they don't want to zerg?

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
I've mainly only seen zergs around underseige keeps recently.

If you run to the hotspots your going to get the zerg action.

I've not come across many/any albs recently that will even consider roaming as more than an fg.

Just have to accept that if you come across a zerg, you're either in the wrong place or you try and kill a few (or all if you got reaver bomb group ;)) before you die. Zergs = much rp's if you can get them.

This may not be true in all cases, but its my recent experiance playing a over the weekend.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Ovi1 said:
Which Prydwen are you playing on? Albs have a bigger active RvR population advantage here than on many US server where they have 6 relics.

The difference is hibbies had a good start and managed to take advantage of situations to get hold of the str relics. They have continued to put much effort into the defense, whic hhas also been helped by not being double teamed ... much... despite Mids helping Alb to +20% Power :eek:
Mids have almost exactly the same population as Alb on Pryd. The only reason they aren't punching at their weight is because most of them are sulking. We can't have more than 1fg in Mid otherwise we're zerging n00bs and we have to make sure that we don't send our fg across at the same time as you guys otherwise we're double-teaming arseholes....
Eventually they'll figure out where their balls are and actually start listening to the few mids who are trying to organise them. Until then it's Alb v Hib while Mid plays OF Emain in Hadrians Wall and at no point has Hib been anywhere near as populous as Alb.
I completely agree that Hib's success so far has been 100% due to the organisation, tactics and forward planning of the entire realm. If there''d been the same sort of leadership and unity in either Albion or Mid that realm would have had six relics a week after NF and wouldn't be losing them in a hurry.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Mids have almost exactly the same population as Alb on Pryd.

Which is why I specifically said "Active RVR Population" :)

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
Is it *really* necessary for some people to PvE keeps and towers at 5am when server pop is at its lowest ? It's just annoying enough that relic raids take so long that they end up so late, forcing people to keep playing at ungodly hours when they'd rather sleep

<sarcasm>

I agree! But to prevent this in the future, can you please post your playing hours? And the rest of the prydwen population will only on your playing hours, i promise. Well, almost.

</sarcasm>

Chronictank

FH is my second home
chretien said:
Mids have almost exactly the same population as Alb on Pryd. The only reason they aren't punching at their weight is because most of them are sulking. We can't have more than 1fg in Mid otherwise we're zerging n00bs and we have to make sure that we don't send our fg across at the same time as you guys otherwise we're double-teaming arseholes....
Eventually they'll figure out where their balls are and actually start listening to the few mids who are trying to organise them. Until then it's Alb v Hib while Mid plays OF Emain in Hadrians Wall and at no point has Hib been anywhere near as populous as Alb.
This is what seperates you from them
they play the game for fun

if they find zerging boring there is no fun in the game for them and they will play less and less till they decide to quit.

I quit excal because its boring no matter what realm you play and alot of people have done the same, when the pryd population does the same i think its time for a new game

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Doh

Chronictank said:
This is what seperates you from them
they play the game for fun

if they find zerging boring there is no fun in the game for them and they will play less and less till they decide to quit.

I quit excal because its boring no matter what realm you play and alot of people have done the same, when the pryd population does the same i think its time for a new game

So u rolled a Sorc and a Mini on Alb / Pry? u must like zergs ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Gahn said:
So u rolled a Sorc and a Mini on Alb / Pry? u must like zergs ;)
mincer is best solo class in game :)
sorc was more cus a m8 wouldnt stop prodding till i did, and it is a pretty nice class to solo with

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
There's no kudos in early morning keep takes and before this last week I'd not have had a good word to say about them from any realm doing it.

But during the last week or two Albs have been using their numbers to their fullest. They've been attacking all day and late into the night, and Hibs simply cannot keep up because the numbers required to hold back the Albs means we all have to be online.

It's like having one security guard trying to police a building from a team of burglars working in shifts.

The Hibs who took those Alb keeps in the early morning did us all a favour. It bought us a respite from needing to defend.

Early morning keep takes are not fair or challenging, but then neithers beating a foe who has half your numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom