Last stand at Dun Bolg

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Heya all

I just wanted to say how proud I am to be a part of albion after tonights action at Dun Bolg. The battler was epic, somthing akin to 'Helms Deep' in lord of the rings :) heres my short story of it accompanied by screenies:

I logged on just as the first guardspam started, and went to defend the keep, it started at 50ish enemies and rose to a peak of 70 when the inner door fell.

The few albs who had managed to sneak into the inner keep gathered in the lord room and awaited the hibs, this was at 11:03.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277054/c49.jpg

The hibs reached the lord room and we managed to halt thier first attack, with only a couple killed on either side.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277055/afd.jpg

Then they rushed us again and we struggled, the fighting was intense, I almost got killed by some RR6 luri coming into melee, but we finally pushed them back out of the lord room. this was at 11:06.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277056/3b9.jpg

The fighting abated abit after this attack, we thought we'd got the hibs on the run but then a few minutes later they attacked with just as much ferocity as before, charging into the lord room, the losses on both sides where nasty, they pushed us back to the opposite side of the room, I kept to my corner and tried to take them down as quickly as possible, my fellow albs sticking to the middle of the room to keep the lord protected. I got caught up in the fight and yelled 'Albion!!!', just as they got close in, thinking this was the last moment of the fight, but seemingly on the edge of defeat we sprung back and pushed them out of the lord room and down into the hall below. The hib numbers had fallen from 70 to 34.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277057/769.jpg
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277058/3b7.jpg
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277078/78b.jpg

It was then that a few re-enforcements arrived, I met a guild mate in teh lord room and we began to get orginised in our defence. Things were looking up.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277059/78d.jpg

Then the unexpected happened. The keep-lord had charged to the front and was killed, just as we thought we had broken the back of the assault, the keep was taken by the enemy. The time was now 11:24, we had held out for 20 minutes.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277083/977.jpg

We were on the roof of the keep dis-orginised from the loss of the keep and the hibs pressed the attack, thinking we where defeated, but we held firm yet again.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277060/523.jpg

Day passed into night and still the hibs persisted in thier attacks, we began to show signs of fatigue.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277061/08c.jpg

The hibs rushed again with all thier might, running up through our people on the stairs and onto the roof, the fighting was fierce again as we tried to stop the hibs getting into PBAoE range.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277062/e58.jpg

The hibs where pushed back again, this time they suffered huge losses.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277063/24b.jpg

Then they came again, running into our people and we were completely overwhelmed, as the last of us where being wiped the time was 11:35, we'd held for 30 minutes against a huge hib force.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/277064/227.jpg

This was the best fight I've had in ages, and I've never been so proud to be part of albion as tonight :) /cheer to all you people who where there tonight, it was great :D

and /salute to the hibs, it was a real good fight :)

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
You make it sound like it was an even matched fight or even with alb as udnerdog.
what the hell?

epic?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
You make it sound like it was an even matched fight or even with alb as udnerdog.
what the hell?

epic?

There where loads of hibs and, from what i saw in the fight, not as many albs.

.....you make it sound like im having a go at you.
what the hell?

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
What did hibs learn from this? Even thou you surprise albs with strong numbers, you can´t defeat the numbers of the albs >_<

/edit
Oh...and strong keep battles are fun ^^

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sanzor said:
What did hibs learn from this? Even thou you surprise albs with strong numbers, you can´t defeat the numbers of the albs >_<

they won :confused:

Sanzor said:
/edit
Oh...and strong keep battles are fun ^^

yea, I've played for a long while now but this is one of the best fights i've been in so far, loved every second of it :)

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Suppose Im more annoyed with the end result of alb swarm getting bolg back.

But we werent much at hib retake either, and we been fighting bad odds all day, and you spin the story into heroic albs?
(what the hell?)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
Suppose Im more annoyed with the end result of alb swarm getting bolg back.

But we werent much at hib retake either, and we been fighting bad odds all day, and you spin the story into heroic albs?
(what the hell?)

werent much? guardspam said 70 when the door fell?

I wasnt trying to 'spin the story' in anyway, but the defence was nice, the way you guys kept coming and the fact that we held for ages was, in my opinion, pretty cool.

I felt proud at the end of it because of the way we held for so long.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
The same guard message as when lord died with 8 in the area?
http://onfinite.com//libraries/5387/277025/banner_1246803365050108174019.jpg

70 is a possible hib number after couple hours of gathering but I never saw them inside bolg.

maybe we killed you all :D

seriously though, the initial guardspam was high, and the last picture shows atleast 3fgh there, I would imagine there would be more down stairs. To begin with the alb numbers seemed really low, then we got a few people up to help and things were better.

I can see what your saying though, and thats why I said "/salute hibs" at the end, because I realise that you guys took some real nasty losses throughout that fight. I didnt mean to make it look like albs where the hero's as such, re-reading it, with your point of view in mind, I can kinda see what your saying, but either way I was real proud to have been in that fight :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sanzor said:
Whats up with the double death spam btw?

not sure, just some bug I get alot, i know a few people have had it every now and again, can be solved by a relog, but I was a bit busy at the time ;)

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Delete Y E S and roll hib if you actually have guts for experiencing victory against odds that you seem to enjoy so much.

Im still going to claim this fight wasnt one of them.
I dont like how angry/flaming I sound, but theres just no other way to tell you straight.

But guess I can at least give credit for albs who ran past half-sleeping hibs to join the albs on roof (you really think they ran through 70 hibs and survived?).

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I saw the screen with 73 but its just as unrealistic as the one saying 8 (that was the point I was making).

No,
we didnt have 65 corpses in lord room when bolg whent to hib.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
Delete Y E S and roll hib if you actually have guts for experiencing victory against odds that you seem to enjoy so much.

I dont like how angry/flaming I sound, but theres just no other way to tell you straight.

But guess I can at least give credit for albs who ran past half-sleeping hibs to join the albs on roof (you really think they ran through 70 hibs and survived?).

To be honest with you m8 there have been a few times recently that I wish I had of rolled hib at the start, the fact that albion is reknowned for zerging is one of them. but the fact is I rolled alb, and I have friends here, I have 2 lvl 50 characters here, one of them approaching RR5.

I cant easily reroll hib without loosing a heck of a lot, imo to do this and loose everything, especailly my friends and guild m8's, would not be worth it. Besides theres no guaratee that by the time I get to 50, with toa and a nice RR, that DAoC will still be going, its taken me 2 years to get this far.

However, the fact that the thought of rerolling has even been there to begin with shows you just how low my morale had become, then I got into this fight, I got all the old feelings of pride of being an alb back, and I dont think that your right to say that this fight wasnt against the odds. we held for a long time against superior numbers, at the end perhaps the numbers where closer.

Even if you dont accept all of this, remember that we LOST the fight.

I started this thread because I feel that morale has been a bit low, the amount of flak alb gets from these forums alone is enough to make people think that perhaps some of you lot are right and we are just mindless zergers. This fight boosted my morale as I was proud to be there, for anyone stuck in a keep fighting to survive I think the feeling is the same, however small the numbers where. but with everything going on tonight (the action in alb for example) this fight felt as thought it meant somthing more than just any old keep or tower, the fact that my guild held the keep at the time meant that it wasnt just another tower.

Whatever you think, I'm still proud to have been there, the people there did well imo to hold out so long and I hope they see this and feel a little proud, like I do :) surely theres no harm in that?

PS. the overall population of the server, and the fact that hib has less numbers overall than alb, does NOT mean that hib is going to be outnumbered in every single fight.

In the CG at one point the people where saying words to the effect of 'leave bolg, the keeps in alb are more important', seeing this only enhanced the feeling of going against the odds, and meant that we knew we were'nt getting any more re-enforcements, but we still held out for a long time.

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
WOW final beta comming up soon (just checked) so it wont matter for long :p
OK I still plan to do DAOC, just dont know how often.

You already neutered mids into harmlessness, wonder how hib realm will end up after WOW has eaten our numbers more.

Your having fun. fine
your proud of your selves. great
Have fun with your self.

(OK Im tired and happy to see beta nearly up so I apologize for this reply)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
WOW final beta comming up soon (just checked) so it wont matter for long :p
OK I still plan to do DAOC, just dont know how often.

You already neutered mids into harmlessness, wonder how hib realm will end up after WOW has eaten our numbers more.

Your having fun. fine
your proud of your selves. great
Have fun with your self.

(OK Im tired and happy to see beta nearly up so I apologize for this reply)

I still maintain that the overall population of any particular realm makes no real tactical difference in a fight.

Also I cant see why you reply as though I am having a go at hibernia, you or the hibs participating in the fight at bolg today.

If I was doing the same as some people on these boards, and overtly flaming people with my caps lock firmly sellotaped down, then I would see a reason for you to act like I am the sole reason hibernia has a smaller overall population. But I'm not.

Instead I'm replying to you in a civilized manner, not swearing, not resorting to pettyness and calling you names, even when you reply with generalisations and sarcasm.

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
I guess its not your fault for using what mythic gave you, but your still the guys doing the harm in the end.

your having a go at the game
I like the game so it hurts.

/end generic rant

you posted your topic right after albs got bolg back actually. Bad timing maybe.

Was in bad mood after having my group constantly die instantly over 1-2hours and then finally get nuked through walls as a finisher.
(happened to the other hibs as well).

And what do I see on freddy? Maybe you can imagen how that feels?

But yeah you get credit for not flaming.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Radix said:
I guess its not your fault for using what mythic gave you, but your still the guys doing the harm in the end.

your having a go at the game
I like the game so it hurts.

/end generic rant

you posted your topic right after albs got bolg back actually. Bad timing maybe.

Was in bad mood after having my group constantly die instantly over 1-2hours and then finally get nuked through walls as a finisher.

And what do I see on freddy? Maybe you can imagen how that feels?

But yeah you get credit for not flaming.

Ah ok, I didnt know Bold had been retaken, I logged only a little while after getting wiped on the roof. Probably was bad timing, and I can half imagine how it must feel.

Two things though, I honestly wasnt having a go at the game at any point here, and I cant see how me or my fellow albs are doing harm.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
werent much? guardspam said 70 when the door fell?

I wasnt trying to 'spin the story' in anyway, but the defence was nice, the way you guys kept coming and the fact that we held for ages was, in my opinion, pretty cool.

I felt proud at the end of it because of the way we held for so long.

That doesn't mean all those 70 attacking the Keep. There is allways some Hib Groups roaming arround it to kill Albs who try to get in or Mid Groups. And there was prolly 1-2 Mid Groups (And Stealthers) arround aswell to get some fights. What have we learned now?

:p

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Thurgpets counts as attackers on keeps (or used to atleast), what about shrooms?

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Radix said:

stealing a snipet of your post.

Hibs have nuked albs through walls too @ bolg before

maybe bolg is bugged?

Marc

FH is my second home
was funny

I kept running into the hibs and using fireworks. Was funny watchin em run back down everytime i used one. Think they outnumbered us by about 3:1. Was a great fight though

Marc

FH is my second home
Radix said:

why are you being such an asshole? It was a cool stand off and wether u wanna admit it or not, hibs outnumbered albs at the first push. There was 1fg of synergy in the lord room along with a fg of randoms. There must of been 3-4fg of hibs on the stairs at the start. Albs enjoyed themselves, hibs enjoyed themselves. Get off your high horse and enjoy it

Funkybunny

Banned
i had LOTS of fun.. earned over 11k on my m8's scout aswell :)

had a lil gg with scout / earthwiz / cleric and it was LOTS of fun til cleric had to go afk for dinner :p

BIG hug to all hibs and albs it was lots of fun :)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Lol @ the QQ'ing Hib.
Having wtfpwned Albs for two years, he now cries foul when Albs are on top of the game.
Atleast Albs tried to fight back, Hibs and Mids just QQ and leave.
Albs play the game for fun, Mids and Hibs definition of fun is to win 100%.
It was 70 Hibs on the keep, and an insane amount of Hibs got killed by the Albs inside the keep even after it fell.
Regards, Glottis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom