Last stand at Dun Bolg

Marc

FH is my second home
tip for the animist PLd nightshades. If you gonna come into a room full of casters and one pally (me) its better to assist PA a caster rather than the pally

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Lol @ the QQ'ing Hib.
Having wtfpwned Albs for two years, he now cries foul when Albs are on top of the game.
Atleast Albs tried to fight back, Hibs and Mids just QQ and leave.
Albs play the game for fun, Mids and Hibs definition of fun is to win 100%.
It was 70 Hibs on the keep, and an insane amount of Hibs got killed by the Albs inside the keep even after it fell.
Regards, Glottis

Yea sure. you counted them all by yourself.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
tip for the animist PLd nightshades. If you gonna come into a room full of casters and one pally (me) its better to assist PA a caster rather than the pally

...especially when the pally has 2 clerics sitting in safety on the roof in a FOP.

:)

Funkybunny

Banned
oh.. btw.. to that cute animist who "camouflaged himself" as a shroom and then tryed time after time to walk down to the water... thx for the rp's... wasnt hard to guess what that walking shroom was :) :clap:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I was there in the original attack with the hibs..was great fun tbh.

I was also one of the hibs standing on the stairs trying to enter the lords room..that was an awesome defense by the albs tbh..you guys are getting alot better at yer game.

the worst bit was that damned reaver standing behind the corner interupting casters when they tried to come up and cast. at the beginning (when i first got to top of the stairs i would definately say there was only a FG or 2 of albs in lord's room..and too many hibs on the damned stairs choke-point (couldnt target the albs for all the fricken hibs in the way lol.

ANYWAY well done all thouroughly enjoyed it.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Neffneff said:
I was there in the original attack with the hibs..was great fun tbh.

I was also one of the hibs standing on the stairs trying to enter the lords room..that was an awesome defense by the albs tbh..you guys are getting alot better at yer game.

the worst bit was that damned reaver standing behind the corner interupting casters when they tried to come up and cast. at the beginning (when i first got to top of the stairs i would definately say there was only a FG or 2 of albs in lord's room..and too many hibs on the damned stairs choke-point (couldnt target the albs for all the fricken hibs in the way lol.

ANYWAY well done all thouroughly enjoyed it.

Think the reaver was skilgannon, was really impressed with him, he was always at the front, where as I was hiding behind a BB in the corner lol :D

that final push thought was somthing spectactular, ran through us like we werent even there :) yea was a real nice fight :)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
only fun thing about those screenies are the self proclaimed alb RvR guilds surrounded by the myrmidon army

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Garbannoch said:
only fun thing about those screenies are the self proclaimed alb RvR guilds surrounded by the myrmidon army

:(

I expected a better response from someone who usually replies without flaming.

Aussie

Banned
hibs & mids skill on taking keeps is amazing. oh well hibs is a bit better, doesn't take them 2 weeks to retake their own keep

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
Think the reaver was skilgannon, was really impressed with him, he was always at the front, where as I was hiding behind a BB in the corner lol :D

that final push thought was somthing spectactular, ran through us like we werent even there :) yea was a real nice fight :)

Skillganon should be :twak: always uses twf when I fight him (and I'm always a few seconds late to notice)

Stop flaming Dukat for fuck's sake. He's one of the best albs in the bloody server. Telling him to delete and reroll it's the stupidest thing ever. The lad picked alb at first, and obviously he's going to stay there. He also has a really nice attitude which is something that we need from all sides in the game.

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
nice story m8,

to bad i wasnt there i would have loved it :/

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
It was indeed one of the best keep fights i've had the pleasure of enjoying in NF. I didn't manage to make it to the roof though I did my part in defending the remaining tower.
We did manage to retake the tower rather early in the morning (the fight never abated.. it just continued till the early hours of the morning). The hibs retook Bolg sunday morning though; we tried to defend again but alas; nice fight from the hibs :clap:
Too bad some mids felt the need to camp drop off points and docks again.. :twak:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Radix said:
You make it sound like it was an even matched fight or even with alb as udnerdog.
what the hell?

epic?

impressively bitter for someone on the winning side there... heaven forbid people enjoy themselves in RvR.

I propose that all albs should cease and desist from attacking anything green until the server population evens up. If you see a hibernian attacking you, /surrender, /sit and give up your RPs to the poor plight of the hibernian people.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
impressively bitter for someone on the winning side there... heaven forbid people enjoy themselves in RvR.

I propose that all albs should cease and desist from attacking anything green until the server population evens up. If you see a hibernian attacking you, /surrender, /sit and give up your RPs to the poor plight of the hibernian people.

Hmm, Radix has already stated in this thread why he was "bitter" - about 2 minutes after Hibs claimed the keep, they were zerged by LOTS of albs, who immediatly retook the keep, and he mistook this thread, posted just after Albion retook it, as a gloat about that!

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Solarius said:
about 2 minutes after Hibs claimed the keep

I was there and no way was it 2 minutes; agreed that we (albs in the tower) were firing trebs at the keep but we were a fg at the time at most. Only later did considerably more albs show up and did we start a real siege. What i did find odd was a sudden decline of hibernian defenders.. they seemed to have vanished like snow in the sun. Till that point the hibs were putting up a good defence of Bolg.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Solarius said:
Hmm, Radix has already stated in this thread why he was "bitter" - about 2 minutes after Hibs claimed the keep, they were zerged by LOTS of albs, who immediatly retook the keep, and he mistook this thread, posted just after Albion retook it, as a gloat about that!

givf "Last stand at dun Bolg 2: the byatch is back!" :D this time with the hibs defending :D

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
I was there and no way was it 2 minutes; agreed that we (albs in the tower) were firing trebs at the keep but we were a fg at the time at most. Only later did considerably more albs show up and did we start a real siege. What i did find odd was a sudden decline of hibernian defenders.. they seemed to have vanished like snow in the sun. Till that point the hibs were putting up a good defence of Bolg.

OK, that wasn't a "2 minutes" as in literally 120 seconds, I was meaning more that Hibs didn't hold Bolg for very long. The vanishing of Hib defenders is down to pure despondancy, Hib has the lowest population, yet we're continually on the defense from both Albs and Mids, and it can get really boring dying over and over again, with no real chance to change it. I personally wasn't there (given up on RvR except when whichever tower our guild currently holds gets attacked, or I join a few friends/my brother for a bit), but my brother was - he participated in the final defense of the towers on Bolg as well, and seeing a single tower, with maybe 1fg hibs defending, getting taken so quickly by ~50 albs, boiling oil destroyed quickly by Theurg petspam ect ect.. it's depressing. And in all honesty, when I saw this thread, I felt kinda the same way as Radix, but didn't feel like posting because it just seems pointless. As it happens, I'm glad I didn't straight away, since it was made with genuine good feeling, so I'd hate to have commented bitterly about it, but I CAN understand Radix and what he was trying to express.

Moron.. I mean Glottis said:
Lol @ the QQ'ing Hib.
Having wtfpwned Albs for two years, he now cries foul when Albs are on top of the game.
Atleast Albs tried to fight back, Hibs and Mids just QQ and leave.
Albs play the game for fun, Mids and Hibs definition of fun is to win 100%.
It was 70 Hibs on the keep, and an insane amount of Hibs got killed by the Albs inside the keep even after it fell.
Regards, Glottis

Tell me something, how did a small number of Albs manage to kill abd "insane amount" of overpowered hibs? Will you claim it was "leet skillz and tictacs", or will you finally grow a pair and admit that Albs DO have some good classes overall? Honestly, I thought the US albs were bad, but you just proved me wrong!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Solarius said:
Hib has the lowest population, yet we're continually on the defense from both Albs and Mids, and it can get really boring dying over and over again, with no real chance to change it. I personally wasn't there (given up on RvR except when whichever tower our guild currently holds gets attacked, or I join a few friends/my brother for a bit), but my brother was - he participated in the final defense of the towers on Bolg as well, and seeing a single tower, with maybe 1fg hibs defending, getting taken so quickly by ~50 albs, boiling oil destroyed quickly by Theurg petspam ect ect.. it's depressing. And in all honesty, when I saw this thread, I felt kinda the same way as Radix, but didn't feel like posting because it just seems pointless. As it happens, I'm glad I didn't straight away, since it was made with genuine good feeling, so I'd hate to have commented bitterly about it, but I CAN understand Radix and what he was trying to express.

As I've said mate I didnt post this to gloat, I apologise if thats what it looked like. I enjoy RvR for the fun of it, the decent fights, not the winning or losing.

I'm not going to start a big flame war about which realm is better, all three realms have classes with advantages and disadvantages in each situation.

Its true that hibernia has the lowest population, looking at the RvR stats it looks like hibs are outnumbered almost 3 to 1 overall, but it doesnt mean that you cant win. Remember emain in old frontiers? FGh's farming masses of albs?

As I said before, I didnt mean this thread to look like a gloat or brag or anything else, and as I said in a previous post I'd love to see the hibs do a similar post about defending bolg, would be good fun :)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
The hibernians that were there just after the capture held the albs at bay for quite a while. It was a bit of a stalemate for quite a while as neither side could effectively cross the small watery divide without being peppered by bolts, nukes and arrows. It was a nice fight :)
Once the keep fell it was indeed one large steamroller; though quite a few logged due to the time (approx 3:30 am CET).

Hibernians seem to be doing quite well though as they always manage to retake their keeps fairly quickly as of late. Dieing over and over again can make one despondant but its part of the game. Best is to stand up and exact revenge on the perpetrator(s) in whichever way possible.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Solarius said:

Bah I'd have had to have read more whine for that :)

Anyway, it was a good excuse for a caffeine-deficiency-inspired rant.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Skillganon should be :twak: always uses twf when I fight him (and I'm always a few seconds late to notice)

Best counter to FZ that I've got. If FZ lands then an archer should win everytime, unless they are caught in TWF3 (or WTF3 as I heard it called this weekend :))

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Skilgannon said:
Best counter to FZ that I've got. If FZ lands then an archer should win everytime, unless they are caught in TWF3 (or WTF3 as I heard it called this weekend :))

And may I say that you use it very well :)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

Didn't people always say it was the Warder zerg not Myrmidon army.

Grats to Albion on RR3 :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom