E

Ekydus

You can tell Apathy has NEVER right-clicked in his life. :rolleyes:

A

Athis

Originally posted by Sol-
spend a bit more and get an alienware gaming laptop :m00:

http://www.alienware.co.uk/system_pages/area-51m.aspx

Are you crazy? Have you looked at the weight and size of that thing? It's like hauling your bloody tower case with you, 4.4kg! Most laptops are atleast 1kg lighter, but anything above 3kg still feels like a brick (imo).

A quick size comparison to an Acer laptop with a decent set of features (1.6GHz, 512 ram, 1400x1050 15", Radeon 9000, 40GB HDD, Wlan):

Acer 803:
33cm (W) × 27.2cm (D) × 2.79cm (H); 2.69kg

Alienware 51-m:
33.02cm (W) x 28.96cm (D) x 4.32cm (H); 4.35kg

Anyway, I'm seriously contemplating getting a laptop this year but I'll wait until later this summer, Ati should release their M10 (Radeon 9600 mobile) at some point before fall and Nvidia's new mobile versions of GFX5200/5600 should hit more models too.

S

Sol-

maybe u will loose some weight then when you carry it

A

Athis

Originally posted by Sol-
maybe u will loose some weight then when you carry it

I'm somewhat underweight so would rather not lose more weight :p

C

ChillyDawg

Tarts, cheapskates and philistines the lot of ya!
My Dell 2.4 gig BEAST owns u all.
BTW Apathy i hope to GOD you dont get into Oxford(why did u say ox/cam u cant apply to both...hmmm) then id have ot deal with having you in close prximity to me when im home, <shudder>

A

Apathy

Yes yes I KNOW I can't apply to both but I have contacts at both and want to make sure I have all the information I need to make a decision. :/ Would please my mother if I go to her college. Tsk.

(Okay, I'm just going to check out which has the best guys.)

And like hell I'd be seen with the dunce-like locals. Pffft.

APPLE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPLEEEEEEEE!

a.

A

adari

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
http://www.timecomputers.com/showpackage.php?prod_id=4632

Budget is a grand, that one seems to be shockingly good value considering it has all the extra communication options I could want - firewire port, modem, 10/100, and a dvd-writer. All that's missing is a floppy drive but I figure I can pick up an external for £20 at a computer fayre or something.

Basically it's something for me to take to lectures as I can touch-type 80 words per minute (on a crappy keyboard!) plus... erm... well lets be fair; watching DVDs and playing games instead of paying attention. Communication options are what I need, along with portability.

Any thoughts?

with a stick im sure i can beat it

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Apathy
dunce-like locals. Pffft.
[...]
a.

Ah you see, i may be a local, and a dunce, but im not a dunce-like local. aha. hmm. doh >_<

Users who are viewing this thread