Laptop

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Basically gonna have to invest in a laptop for work.

Dont want anything over 500quid but less is better. Basic word processing - Wifi connection. Enough to maybe play a couple of games but nothing out of this world.

If anyone is looking to offload or can recommend something worthwhile go for it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nice laptop, nice price. The problem there is its got intels XMA graphics adapter which'll be poopy for games.

Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

That's not as nice looking but has more ram, a bluray drive, an ATI graphics adapter on board (nothing amazing but pretty good none the less). Same price. same processor, smaller HDD (250gb vs 350). Worth a look.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well yes, but Acer are the work of satan.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
The Dell Studio laptops start at a reasonable price and are quite yummy little ones. HPs are supposed to be good too.

edit: Check their websites (www.dell.com and www.hp.com) as it's often cheaper to buy direct.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
:flame:Satan runs Sony's QA Dept. :flame:

They suck for quality and reliability. Like most of their products these days. Would not touch anything with a Sony badge on it. Got nothing to do with me working for Panasonic either.

We have two tellies in the house that are about the same age. The Sony one looks like we got it yesterday, the Panny has fallen apart. I'll give you three guesses which company i'm not purchasing from again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom