Advice Laptop inverters

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I got a laptop with a broken screen. Bought a new screen after a Google search. New screen has a different inverter and the ribbon cable is different. No way to test it until tomorrow. I have a couple if other inverters that are the same as the old one. My question is:

Are inverters universal or model/screen specific?

Cheers muchly.

rynnor

Rockhound
Access Denied said:
So I got a laptop with a broken screen. Bought a new screen after a Google search. New screen has a different inverter and the ribbon cable is different. No way to test it until tomorrow. I have a couple if other inverters that are the same as the old one. My question is:

Are inverters universal or model/screen specific?

Cheers muchly.

I am pretty certain the answer is no and you really need to find out what power output (in watts) the old one provided and match that (assuming the DC current it starts with has the same voltage).

One thats not quite the same may work but could also be too weak or shorten the life expectancy of the backlight.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Well I took it to a mate who knows more about computers than I do and he thinks it's strange but we tested it and the screen works. Bit annoyed that it's apparently a converted screen. Sticker on the back of it that says so. Nothing on the website I bought it from to indicate such a thing.

Th inverter that came with the screen is basically just a strip board with a bunch of connections. All but the one I needed for my model were plugged with glue.

rynnor

Rockhound
Access Denied said:
Well I took it to a mate who knows more about computers than I do and he thinks it's strange but we tested it and the screen works. Bit annoyed that it's apparently a converted screen. Sticker on the back of it that says so. Nothing on the website I bought it from to indicate such a thing.

Th inverter that came with the screen is basically just a strip board with a bunch of connections. All but the one I needed for my model were plugged with glue.

If it was sold as a replacement for a specific model they have probably done the work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom