Lamers Camping PoC

Kevral

Fledgling Freddie
I thought RvR was supposed to be a challenge......not just a few lame Albs and Hibs camping inside the entrance to PoC, buffed to the back teeth, farming FGs as they enter and winning because they're buffed and the Mids aren't.... :mad:

As if it wasn't bad enough with:
Bolt Range AoE Mezz
Hyper Fast Casting
Shroom Spamming
Pet Spamming
Baseline Stun
Intercontinental Archery Range
and Luris so freakin small they get stuck in the gaps between your toes...

Where's the Mid answer to all those problems? Or am I missing something here? :)

Someone tell Mythic :twak: to get it's collective finger out PLEASE

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Its exactly the same to all 3 realms - Hibs camp alb - alb camp us - hib camp us - we camp them - alb camp hib blah blah blah!....

Just deal with it, If you die well tuff shit tbh, Just get a grp together and camp hib/alb PoC.

PoC is situated in Frontiers - Frontiers = RvR - your bound to die, if your not careful.

I do also think its lame, but you cant stop it.

:wub:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
RvR dungeons are nothing new and they have been camped since they were introduced even back in old frontiers.

The only differance now is that you can exp artifacts and gain respec stone from there so they are seeing more use.

Thus also seeing more whines.

Personally im glad to see them getting more use, I just think the 'neutral' zone in the middle should be easier to work through for a good full group so you can traverse from one frontier to the other via the dungeon.

On a side note the only thing I think lame about poc camping is when mushrooms start getting used. I don't see why mythic couldn't of designed the entrance a bit more like DF to avoid this.

On a more helpful note, if you enter and all you see is red names, /quit before your timers up and play an alt till they get bored.

Kagato said:
On a more helpful note, if you enter and all you see is red names, /quit before your timers up and play an alt till they get bored.

knowing some pc's they'll lag till you dead ^^

Kais

Banned
this thread aimed at anyone in particular?, perhaps prodical and his band of fags?

Config

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
RvR dungeons are nothing new and they have been camped since they were introduced even back in old frontiers.

The only differance now is that you can exp artifacts and gain respec stone from there so they are seeing more use.

Thus also seeing more whines.

Personally im glad to see them getting more use, I just think the 'neutral' zone in the middle should be easier to work through for a good full group so you can traverse from one frontier to the other via the dungeon.

On a side note the only thing I think lame about poc camping is when mushrooms start getting used. I don't see why mythic couldn't of designed the entrance a bit more like DF to avoid this.

Everything is lame with zone camping, shrooms or no shrooms. Well, if it was like DF entrence none would be ganked and that would be good imo.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
They have to draw the line somewhere at making things to safe to be realistic in terms of dungeons and encounters.

They could of handled it better I agree though.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Problem isnt people camping entranc - its the way the entrance is designed. You cant do this in the other rvr dungeon, DF, since it has an area immedietly inside the entrance that is not reachable by enemies. This gives you time to buff and asess the situation before a fight. In poc you zone in, and get wtfpwned before you can take 2 steps, unbuffed and without the support of a group since noone will complete the loading at exactly the same time.

Camping the entrance is extremely lame and anyone doing it should end up in the daoc hall of shame imo. Really hope mythic redesigns the entrance so that noskill, worthless tards cant get free rp from it anymore.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
They have to come out sooner or later, just sit outside, warn people not to go in, and cover the entrance with mines, traps and poison spikes for when they finally get bored and come out.

Had great satisfaction doing that once :flame:

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
"Most" people actually die cause they (oh what a surprise?) bump into a solo/hib or alb right infront of mid PoC, then fight back, the alb/hib walks into PoC, and a high per-centage of mids actually follow them into PoC.
If you die that way, it's your own stupidity really, I've seen this happen -countless- times :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If im bored enough and its late at night i'll deliberatly follow an enemy im fighting into poc anyway to finish them off and then see what else I can find inside. I don't think of it as camping so much as circumstantial hunting in there :D

As for buffs, stop selling your Krojer rings if you want buffs when zoning :twak:

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
carebear.jpg

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Its actually not impossible to kill people camping poc, if you get a group up and all enter at the same time and are ready for a fight on the other end.

I agree though its kinda lame.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
yep cus fast casting is smt only albs/hibs do !

the carebear pic says it all tbh :D

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
its really anoying when u get killed like that....everyone knows what its like and have felt the rage for being a "victim" to it.
And understand that the only thing u can do to get back to them is trying to write a thread with some "crap throwing" that u hope they will read.
But nothing will come out of it:p
Next time when ur there and see them zoning in u wont leave them alone ..u will think...a delight....revenge present itself:p
Thats what everyone do....

majik

Banned
I would like to see prodical in this thread.

Ohyes
Ohyes
Ohyes
I would.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
I dont camp PoC unless I've just been a victim to it myself, same with hunting xp'ers. Okay, fair enough, two wrongs never make a right, but they certainly do make me feel better! At the end of the day tho, unless you can be arsed to get a nice team together to go hunt the buggers down, just forget about it, go somewhere else... its not hard you know. Have fun :D

Faril

Banned
Not that hard killing campers really, me,a hunter, shammy and rm killed 6 hibs.... really easy. Just vendo, banespike and kill 3-5 before vendo is over.

Kevral

Fledgling Freddie
Make PoC like DF

Aye

PoC should have a nice "calm zone" as you enter - it is a very lame tactic to kill people who are zoning and imo people in the thread whose attitude is "ough cookies" are into a pretty poor system of play with no ethics or code of moral conduct.

Yes, we ALL want to win and YES it's nice to have an advantage...but deliberately camping in an area where you KNOW that the opposition won't have a chance to beat you is pretty low and the kind of conduct I'd expect of people who can't cope with the thought of a fair fight.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Faril said:
Not that hard killing campers really, me,a hunter, shammy and rm killed 6 hibs.... really easy. Just vendo, banespike and kill 3-5 before vendo is over.

Good work i guess, altough i cant for the life of me understand how you managed that. 4 aebuffed mids zoning in with alil time between each vs 6 buffed hibbys should be autoloss unless the hibs were afk.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:

yes rly

Vodkafairy said:
yep cus fast casting is smt only albs/hibs do !

the carebear pic says it all tbh :D

But mids got the 50 dex !!!!!!!!!!!

Except frostalf/kobold midgets, but that's not of concern atm

Chobb

Fledgling Freddie
I zoned into poc yesterday and got attacked by an enemy behind me (yes i do mean behind the zone in wall) Cheating going on there methinks

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Kevral said:
I thought RvR was supposed to be a challenge......not just a few lame Albs and Hibs camping inside the entrance to PoC, buffed to the back teeth, farming FGs as they enter and winning because they're buffed and the Mids aren't.... :mad:

Still is. Gather a grp of 5-8 and enter PoC alb or hib side, then just go to
mid side and attack from behind. Piece of cake :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chobb said:
I zoned into poc yesterday and got attacked by an enemy behind me (yes i do mean behind the zone in wall) Cheating going on there methinks

the zone-in point isn't quite at the edge of the zone, it's also slightly randomised I believe.

RS|Pikoah

Fledgling Freddie
When i tryed to xp my then 45dark sm there,i went in there to a fg of albs, me and a 46 bd killed 3 with a simple quick-cast pbaoe mezz and then nuking the casters..the mezz broke and i died very quickly...., but was fun

They cudnt make PoC like df, as then people from another realm would zone in there up in the same side and still kill zoners :eek6:

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Pikoah said:
They cudnt make PoC like df, as then people from another realm would zone in there up in the same side and still kill zoners :eek6:

I am pretty sure they can make that works somehow, 2 entrence close to each other for example, or something else.

It sucks like it is today, u dont stand a chance when a lame shrooomer is inside with his shroomfield, well I never exp in PoC anyway if I need a realm respec stone I just buy it, very cheap theese days IMHO.

if u want exp u can get it elsewhere...

Kevral

Fledgling Freddie
Passing Through

I have gone through PoC once to kill campers - we actually entered Midside and went to kill a fg of Hibs camping the Alb entrance (so never say we don't do YOU lot any favours :) )

I'd guess that most of the flamers about this being a whine are the people who don't like the thought of a fair fight?

What's up guys? Don't want to turn your back us on Mids becuase you don't want us to see the big yellow streak down your back? Stop camping and come out and fight, try facing a challenge for once instead of always looking for the limp wristed method of fighting unbuffed zoners or dropping shrooms everywhere.

PS Dun da Behn was excellent last night, a strong Hib defence against poorly organised Mids....but could the Albs just PLEASE stop interfering in "discussions over keeps" that don't concern them? :) What is it with these little cockroaches that when they see a blue and green sword on /rw they have to come scuttling out and try and gank whatever Mid or Hib is left standing?

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
What you guys metioned about the DF style entrance is a good Idea but It still wont work, Albs/Hibs can enter Mid entrance and Vise Versa, So this would also put them on top of the so called "steps" (Like DF) For it to work there would have to be some sort of ... urm ... cant think of the word ... I'll call it a Byepass ... Which will allow Mids to enter on top of the "Steps" but Alb/Hibs would have to Byepass through to another part of the dungoen (maybe bottom of the "steps" ) when entering the same entrance - Sounds Complicated! :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom