Lame Midgard Campers

O

old.Alwych

Dosferra Scarface Thing... everytime i goto emain non stop everytime they are there literally trapping any albs from gettin off that god damned hill. If there is a big force then sure they might get beat but usually tehres about 10 more hiding in the backgrounds ready to mass area of effect insta kill us in 1 hit. How many times are they there? Well i go every night to see if theres any battles and every god damn time of day i go tehres scar face sitting stealthed hitting anything that comes down the hill.

Great its RVR and we are at war whoopee but are you that sad you never leave your computer for 5 mins in the day or night to stop camping the hill.

Earlier myself and anotehr alb actually got out with noone around and went to actually have a good explore of the area as im usually stuck on the hill with 20 +++ purple mids 1 shot killing us soon as we step halfway. I walked into some spriggarn looking beast and died. Every friggin time i tried to get to my grave the pig scar face is there camping shooting. Dont matter if you take all your armour off an run into the sides to get to your grave hes so scared of an armourless unarmed alb trying to reach his grave he chases an shoots you with 1 arrow 400 damage an kills.

I can only assume hes alot higher to my 23rd lvl but i guess there is no rvr for anyone untill battlegrounds or i reach 50 because of guys like him. Dosferra is ALWAYS there no matter what time i go tehre i see the ugly troll camping the pk.

What is the point guys when im the only one there waiting for you to go and im there nearly two hours and you refuse to move from the bottom of the hill, i dont know about you but i wanted to get my grave and i was bored out of my skull. Is the game so boring at high lvl you cant find anything to do but wait for that "1" RP i give to you?

Another thing i would like to know is that how can we get shot right at the keep gates of the pk? i mean right right by the gates to the side?? Isnt that a bit long range for them ?? I have heard of bugged bows used by a certain "Thing" but untill i saw him fire that rocket of a shot 2 miles i really didnt understand what they meant.

Again i say its war and yeh im a ranting a bit but tonight a min ago i came to see if it was clear to get my grave after dying multiple times to scarface with 1 shot hits in the back as i tried to run past. There was about 15 ish albs all varying levels and theres 20+ mids down there all purple and all blasting the rezzers who try to rez any albs that died trying charge the mids.

If you want to camp the pk into oblivion then why are you making albs release by killing any rezzer and camping the bodies? Are the mids that desperate for realm points that they shoot me halfway down hill as i am running back after rezing some1? then 1 sec after i die Oxygen shoots the fresh rez ziera.

Lame is all i can say. I have been in some great fights and i dont mind fighting purple mids and i hate the idea of duels of any sort as its war but all the things i mention are just lame and will not help rvr they just crush it to death. Guess mids is full of 14 yr old campers who scream w00t OMFG i KEILLED 0n3 when they kill a fresh rez sitting at the alb pk gates.

Oh and whats going on with a dwarf i think called pain who was at mile gate the other day and managed to somehow (bug???) get on the roof of the mile gate where no albs could get to him and all the archers could target him but could not get a shot off an he sat with his head peeking over the edge free from all the albs trying to work out how he got there.

Midgard seem to be doing some dodgy things and i cant believe they are legal.

Great battles are rare now and i wonder at mentality of some of the midgard players. Not all are like this, Vacilator i think his name is bowed to me after nuking me armourless as i tried to run to grave. I guess its war and he wasnt to know but at least i got a bow out him him to my dead weaponless/armourless body. Scarface however is just sad and pathetic and has wayyyyy to much time on his hands. No we dont think you are a god shooting ppl at the alb gates, i thought it was pathetic actually.

As i say rvr is dead untill everyone is 50th level, the bug users are banned and maybe the battlgrounds gives some of us safety from the lamers that are so affluent in the ranks of midgard.

Rant over please attack me and say blabla its war.. yeh i guess we are all to blame for not charging the mids. Hmm i tried charging the 5 mids when i was alone on the hill and guess what i died :)

S

Sar

If you all didn't keep hiding behind your MaA we wouldn't have to come round your gaffe and pick a fight :p

O

old.Sandariel

Just go RvRing in the middle of the night ;)
Just had a really nice RvR, and killed lots of mids :)

Well... until an army of evil hibs jumped us >:->
but it was one of the best RvRs I had so far, no camping, no oneshotkills all the time... woot, want more like this =)

:clap:

O

old.razta

If you fight bulle you allways get good fights. tobad our healer was only lvl 3x ish. tomorrow we will bring the highlvl ones :D

V

VidX

Originally posted by Sandariel
Just go RvRing in the middle of the night ;)
Just had a really nice RvR, and killed lots of mids :)

Well... until an army of evil hibs jumped us >:->
but it was one of the best RvRs I had so far, no camping, no oneshotkills all the time... woot, want more like this =)

:clap:

Yip, Emain is far more fun at about 2am BST onwards.

We usually get a group of 6-12 Hibs there for a laugh, had a wonderful time the past few nights, many a fallen foe (and a fallen me :) )

Great fun being able to actually fight properly, in battles that we have a chance of winning, where tactics count more than levels and numbers (managed to wipe out a force of Albs at the mmg earlier, Soulfly was with them, finally got to meet you, like my stun? ;) . But, Thing was sitting picking us off mid-battle, so we all died :(

Why am I telling everyone that RvR is better at 2am? More people will just show up and turn it into another mass outing to Emain, therefore ruining the fun.

Anyway, nice fight once again Blejsarus, Melgar and co. :)

[Edit: Since when have the Hibs been evil??!??!?!?!? Midgaard is the evil realm :p ]

O

old.dwyte

well seems like there is a secret way through hibbie territory other than the MG, just no one but the middies knows about it.

you guys ever thought of waiting at MG instead?

i mean we do have to go through MG to get anywhere....

and if ya did wait at MG we wouldnt be hugging MAA would we?

we only hug MAA coz we CANT get anywhere else for you farmers camping!

O

old.Kurai

Question

Seems the post was already there that i wanted to post.

After a making a fool of myself last night to someone (if she is reading this sorry) i decided to go online again i helped a friend to level after that we decided to go RvR so we ported to Emain to see if can find some hibbies i haven't done much RvR but it seemded we reached the Alb portal keep i see a large force of mids so we run over and see whats going on well it seems they were doing the most boring thing i have ever seen in the game this far :( bashing on porting Albs then a midgard player comes to close and the guards rush out everybody runs most get killed and then the cycle starts al over again to my to me this is to boring and i hope this isn't every day :(

So after seeing this meaningless battle me and 2 other people decided to go and hunt and have some real fun in Hib but alas we ran into the most Wild horses i have ever seen they killed us in one hit ;) but i hope there is more fun out there in the frontiers and see some real full size battles or small groups running into each other and have a fair battle.

So if any mids need a Skald and who will show me some real fun out there pls msg me.

O

old.Pyrotechnix

Aye,

Last night I was shot down by Del literally on the step next to our PK door. After the self righteous crap he's posted on the GoA thread (Serious Bow Bug - page 2 Midgard Tavern) I was pretty disappointed to see him using the bugged bow.

Must have decided to go back to his bad old ways now that the GoA forums are closed.

Regards,

Pyro

O

Orin Askhammare

Well I've been to Emain about 5 times now I think and only one night (the first) was there any real fun to be had, after that it does get boring.

Problem for most of my guild is we're mostly early 30s in level so venturing further into Hib usually results usually ends early being whooped by a border patrol or if really unlucky a very very purp.

I think we will try to go to Odin's gate more often if some Albs and Hibs promise to come ;) Went there once but got surprised while gawking at the glacier giant heh.

The camping is indeed getting old fast, but there have been many occasions where I came there and saw that we were clearly outnumbered and still the Albs only come out after the MAA has "led the charge".

If we all stopped at our MG I think we'd be waiting hours for any enemy to show up :)

B

Belsameth

bitching about PK camping...this already feels like home :clap:

besides that I agree it's rather boring after 5 minutes

O

old.ShadowBlood

THINGY MAJIGIMY

I dont mind the PK camping that the mids do, what i DO mind is when the mids move back to allow people to rez and when he comes down thinking its safe surprise surprise Thing kills him (even though he is green/grey to him). In doing this everyone releases and goes exping instead.. way to go Thing.... this happens every night..... must be boring when you realise weve all gone and your left staring at an empty portal keep.

Rezzd albs = more realm points you fool!
More people in emain = more people come to emain you fool!

Ill be hunting Odin's Gate Sunday night, please come and find me for some casual rvr... come on hibbies :)

O

Ottar

> Hmm i tried charging the 5 mids when i was alone on
> the hill and guess what i died

Try charging us when MAA has not killed most of mids. Or ok, when we have pulled back to the milegate (still happens occasionally). Same result.

That safe PK hill and a bunch of unkillable NPC's are a huge tactical advantage to albs. If ya don't have yer uber NPC's, you'll get ganked even more easily.

Complaining about PK camping is quite useless. Its simply the only place Midgard is able to find any albs to kill. Pulling back to the milegate a) does not work as there will always be some of us who dont pull back and hold you guys off at the PK and b) it doesnt help the balance of forces nor the fun factor, as it practically ensures that albs will get very little chance of res afterwards.

PK camping will continue until one of two things happen.

1. Albion gains enough strength to push us back from that PK of yours permanently. That is, you must become capable of holding one of the milegates against us.

2. Albion comes to its senses and starts porting to Odins Gate instead of Emain. In Odins Gate, there will be fewer mids. The way from our realm gates to your PK in Odins is longer, more dangerous and more unfamiliar to most mids than the way to your PK in Emain. At least in the beginning, you would have a chance there. You could port in reinforcements more quickly than we could, from our realm gates. Why is there se few albs running around in Odins is a mystery to me.

Ottar, Skald

O

old.Spiritwolf

Well I can't say I like anybody PK camping, but what can we do about it, easy RP's for them.

But on a lighter note:
I walked into some spriggarn looking beast and died.
Maybe they just want to be kind and stop lower levels suffering an xp death :p

D

Draigo

Originally posted by Sar
If you all didn't keep hiding behind your MaA we wouldn't have to come round your gaffe and pick a fight :p

Well FFS move down to MG1 and stop camping the PK , feckin
middie farmers

A

Artemis|SotL

Heh, I thought it was us Albs that did the RP farming when they camp the PK :rolleyes:

O

Ottar

> Well FFS move down to MG1 and stop camping

Oh gods. Never mind.

Pyro, can you perhaps explain me, why aint ya guys more active in Odins? Other than occasional keep raid, that is. Must be a reason to it. Is it that you don't want more fighting in Odins so you can keep the area clear for potential keep/relic raids? Well, it aint working. We have people running around in these areas pretty regularly. Will continue to do so too, no matter if ya show up or not.

If you people dislike the camping in Emain as much as you say you do, simply showing up in our frontiers in any kind of numbers will practically guarantee at least a good chase and quite probably a few kills for you too.

The ball is in yer hands. We can't move to Odin's by ourselves, can we. If you come, we will be there too. Fewer of us, for obvious reasons. Isn't that what you would like?

Ottar, Skald

O

old.stroke

It's because it's so cold and snowy in Odins. We prefer the more lush, hibernian climate.

S

SoWat

I'm sure Expedient Demise (Midgard) wouldn't mind a more interesting RvR experience though I, for one, don't fancy trotting back to Odin's gate after getting swatted.

Maybe if you promise to not kill our healers (Oh! That's me :)):p

O

old.Pyrotechnix

I can only speak for myself not anyone else. Altho I think it is mainly because Emain was used so successfully in Beta.

I don't feel strongly enough about the PK camping to flame about it. If i go and its heavily camped then I leave.

My post above was about using the bugged bow. I thought we had sorted this out but obviously Del doesn't mean what he writes on forums. Maybe just says things to look good. Dunno, maybe you can ask him.

Pyro

O

Ottar

> Altho I think it is mainly because Emain was used
> so successfully in Beta.

Well, Emain seems to bee the main battleground on most US servers too. It is a rather suitable place, unlike albion frontier, for excample. In our particular case, however, Odins does seem to be a better choise, at least until you guys manage to get more people up in levels.

Today, we managed to hold off the whole albinian army charging from that cursed hill of yours on two occasions. With 4 people. Altho you pushed us back to midgard milegate once. Was quite fun at times.

> I don't feel strongly enough about the PK camping to
> flame about it.

Not flaming here, I hope. Just offering a possible solution to it that perhaps could work.

Spent several hours patroling Odins again. Saw what.. 3-4 albs. All grey. All loners. Killed them out of frustration, mostly. Repaired all milegate doors to near 100% hp. Where's them albs? Bloody hibernians had a whole big warparty there at one point! Low cons but a full group. Cruz was forced to call for help, and my partner Berzerk like almost got injured! ;)

> My post above was about using the bugged bow.

Never mind the bow.. if it was it. Think both sides have accumulated enough cause for grief, both real and imaginary, to call eachother names and flame away till ther's a cold day in bloody Muspelheim.

Asked you about yer choice of ground because I thought you of all people might have an answer to it.

Ottar, Skald

O

old.Pyrotechnix

I can only speak for myself and to some degree Servants of the Lake really Ottar.

Taking last night, you wouldn't have seen 1 SotL member in Emain or Odins. We decided to try and kill some 'Epic' mobs in Llyn Barfog and managed to down Fester and the King before being practically wiped by Mouth. We then all moved to Dartmoor where we fought our way to the Dragon, took, some nice screenys and took a quick ride out :p

I hardly go to emain now unless I know there are a few more from SotL or, more correctly, 45+ peeps going. Why? Because I am still working on my level and don't wanna sit on that hill for an hour staring at PK campers. If I know a few more higher levels will be there then at least I know we have a chance of giving you a decent fight.

This game is about having fun, but a lot more people need to realise that going to Emain at level 20-35 is a little pointless at this moment in time. They seem to spend hours just stood there looking at you guys down the hill. Whats the point?

Maybe its my EQ background but I can tolerate the 'xp grind' pretty well. People need to get it into their heads that the fun starts when you hit 50, not ends :)

Regards,

Pyrotechnix
Guild Leader - Servants of the Lake

O

old.Olorin

admitedly the camping is abit lame, but if i choose to go i will stay till i get bored, and sometimes i dont get bored for a while. about the "camping behind MaA" tho, thats hardly a regular thing, and i think i can be partly thanked for that (i was ways stop him as hes walking back to the hill :D) but ive recieved no complaints from our side, infact they where more like "nice one, them camping middies deserve it, at least this way we can move forward for a fun fight". also respects to Thing, hes a damn good archer, but not good enough, ive evaded your shots on a couple of occasions and you fell for my trap lastnight, i was bait, and you took it, so u was unstealthed and ready to take a beating with no other middies to help you, i came over and gave a salute and bow afterwards :D

btw, im the low lvl scout that keeps running around firing arrows that dont hit ;)

L

Lam

I never participated in any of the rvr-posts about lame campers or lame players but hey, you can't always keep your mouth shut.

For me RvR is about fighting the other realm and killing every enemy that you encounter in the frontier. But i do have some code i keep myself to. This is something i have decided for myself and i will never call another player lame because he doens't see things my way.

* I will never kill a grey con unless it attacks me first.

* I will never kill an enemy that's fighting a mob so he won't suffer xp-loss.

* I will let other realms rez their people so we can continue to fight unless my guild or the alliance says otherwise.

* I won't kill someone who just got rezzed, no fun in that

As i said before this is something i decided on my own and offcourse everyone is free to do what he wants in the frontier zones. After all that's the reason why there are frontier zones in daoc, to kill players from other realms. If there weren't any frontiers you might as well go play dungeon siege over the internet or start a good old game of Baldurs Gate.

As for the maa at the albion pk: Everyone knows that he's there and that he will be pulled by someone eventually so just watch out and run in time. You know that he's there so you shouldn't complain about the fact that someone pulls him since you are aware of the risks. It would be the same as complaining you got killed by an enemy realm while you were attacking an enemy keep. You know the risks so learn to live with them and avoid them if you don't like em.

These are just my 2 cents.

O

old.Squan

I admit I hate the camping at the albion pk and I am a middie.

Main reason is I can never get close to anyone, and the only way I can easily get RP's is to group with a caster or hunter with a ranged attack.

The biggest problem is that the people there don't act as one, someone yells fall back to MG and let them regroup and maybe half the people do but then the other half don't.

There is also some bitching that you never come down the hill, but I can hardly blame you, I mean ffs who is going to charge into a load of high level player when they only have 1/2 the men.

O

Ottar

> We then all moved to Dartmoor where we fought our
> way to the Dragon,

Ah, good going. In Midgard, our only cost effective exping grounds for 45+ is right besides the dragon lair. Boy, is that place camped! Keeps our dragon well fed ;)

> I know a few more higher levels will be there then at least
> I know we have a chance

Well, I see blue-yellow cons there all the time. Usually not in sufficient numbers tho.

Ottar, Skald

O

old.Olorin

Originally posted by Squan
I admit I hate the camping at the albion pk and I am a middie.

Main reason is I can never get close to anyone, and the only way I can easily get RP's is to group with a caster or hunter with a ranged attack.

The biggest problem is that the people there don't act as one, someone yells fall back to MG and let them regroup and maybe half the people do but then the other half don't.

There is also some bitching that you never come down the hill, but I can hardly blame you, I mean ffs who is going to charge into a load of high level player when they only have 1/2 the men.

possibly the best post i have ever seen from a mid, thanks for considering things from our point of view, very mature post compared the the usual "face it albs, we ownz j00" and all that stuff :clap:

S

SFXman

Oh well, yesterday, Monday 30th of April the middies got pushed back.... and damn was it. :D

O

old.Plebo

Gotta agree. I've been to Emain about 8 times now. Most of the time i've been there have been a group of middies at the bottom of the hill at PK. Most of them tend to be purple to me.

Most of the conversation at the top of the hill tends to be "this is boring", "they're camping again", "we haven't got a chance", etc.

We usually try an attack and get wiped out and maybe kill a few Middies. If we actually win (which has happened once or twice), we advance to the mile gate.

However, word gets out in Middy that there is some RvR going on, and before you know it, Middy reinforcement arrive and we all get attacked by purples at mg. Those that run get wiped out by the Middys using their speed songs or whatever.

My best RvR so far was in Odins Gate. We got there and had a good scrap against some same conned Hibs. My group (of 3) eventually had a purple troll walk up to us. We didn't stand a chance so we just stood and waved. Unfortunately the troll decided he'd kill us anyway and 2 hits later (i was lvl32 Merc) I was dead. I immediately released and decided to continue to xp.

Although some people say you can RvR at around lvl20+, this is only true if you go during non-core hours. If you go at peak time (in the evening, especially at weekends), then unless you are lvl45+ then you are likely to no contribute very much.

O

Ottar

> unless you are lvl45+ then you are likely to no contribute
> very much.

Well.. as I see, the minimum is about at lvl 35. Below that.. well, them training battlegrounds will come with the next patch.

Ottar, Skald

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom