Lag

Ruvinan MadeInDenmark

Fledgling Freddie
Never felt any lag tbh, got Cybercity ADSL.....

Had to reinstall DAoC cause i had a corrupted skin. Everytime i spotted a hibbi i got the blue screen of death, but thats another story hehe

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I woke up this morning, AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME FKING LAG! This is really starting to piss me off. I had a planned to play DAoC for a week of my holiday, and so far its been 3 days of lag.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Sod this, gonna go play on the new US classic servers, until SOME ISP fixes this damn lag.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jimmi said:
Sod this, gonna go play on the new US classic servers, until SOME ISP fixes this damn lag.
It's unlikely to get fixed by itself. No complaints = no problems for ISPs generally. The pingplots I've been sent have been passed on for escalation at our end but the best thing you can do is to hassle your ISP and get the support guy you speak to to understand that you aren't reporting a problem with your line but with the routing in their network and beyond. The ISP can escalate it if you ask them to, they won't however unless you really make them do it.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, but the thing is I'm not into technical stuff. Would be nice if some other dane in here w. the proper knowledge would contact them and ask them to look at it :/

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Jimmi said:
Latest pingplot (exact same as last night)

3cc.jpg

Not the most perfect conditions, but ~220 ms round trip isn't too bad. Doesn't explain the 1-2 sec delay you've been having (would be a constant 500-750ms). Could you crank up the updatespeed of Pingplotter and plot of a longer period of time?

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I'll set it to 1-second update speed and run it for 10-15 mins then :)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
downloading the 14-day trial atm tho, so might have some impact on the pingplot (DL'ing with 220 kb/s)

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
with delay? cuz i was playing yesterday and had yellow middle thing, was there but didnt effect gameplay in anyway.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i'm in manchester uk and i had problems sticking to the bard in rvr. had to cast my self end perma sprint and /stick lost the bard with lag a few times tailing of the back of the grp but sprint usualy allowed my to catch up.

seems to have eased a little last night

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Jimmi said:
newest, 200 samples, 1 sec refresh:

a4a.jpg

Well, from what I can see there are two 'issues';
A) Your ISP's connection to the DAoC servers isn't as fast as it should (but not that bad either).
B) The 2nd hop (either your computer-router or your DSL/Cablemodem router) seems to be causing lagspikes, adding 500 (so ~750ms in total) to your connection. This is usually caused by something in/between your computer and the first router outside of your house (more or less). So check any cable/wire, or connector and see if it's ok. On your PC, run a virusscan & an adware scan and be sure to get the latest updates from windowsupdate.com. Also be sure to run a firewall.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Daed, but I am still 100% that it is my ISp causing the problem.

To all danish people >

Call TDC on Saturday from 10-16, tell them about the problem, send them pingplots etc. Don't give up till they actually understand that there IS a major malfunction in their routing.

Åbningstider:
Hverdage: 8.30 - 21.00
Weekend: 10.00 - 16.00

I will call them too ofc, and I won't stop till they've seen my pingplots etc.

Let me know about how it went

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Jimmi said:
Thanks Daed, but I am still 100% that it is my ISp causing the problem.

To all danish people >

Call TDC on Saturday from 10-16, tell them about the problem, send them pingplots etc. Don't give up till they actually understand that there IS a major malfunction in their routing.

Åbningstider:
Hverdage: 8.30 - 21.00
Weekend: 10.00 - 16.00

I will call them too ofc, and I won't stop till they've seen my pingplots etc.

Let me know about how it went

My lag is gone today. And those friends I spoke with who had same problem is also lag free today. PingPlotter still shows 3x 100% Packet Loss though.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik it isnt TDC tho? the problem is we're being rerouted to spiritlink for some odd reason...we used to be going straight from tdc->amsterdam->paris and not all those weird spiritlink hubs in between. I dont get it.

/Dracus

Calina

Fledgling Freddie
I still have the lag. It's not much but it's there! I can't for sure not play my infiltrator :(

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Well, my main IS a infiltrator and I cant land a single PA.

TDC doesn't want to take responsibility for this... this is the mail I got from them (in danish)

Kære Nicolas
Vi har modtaget din mail pr. 19. juli 2005

Din forbindelse måler fint og viser ingen tegn på fejl.

Forbindelsen fra din computer til TDC udgør en del af et "del-netværk", mens centralen hos TDC er et eksempel på et knudepunkt.

Kvaliteten af knudepunkterne og hastigheden mellem dem har meget stor betydning for den samlede hastighed. Skal dataene fra de andre computere på internettet til din computer forbi mange knudepunkter af dårlig kvalitet, får du en lav hastighed, selvom du har en hurtig adgang til internettet.

TDC holder konstant øje med belastningen på vores egne knudepunkter og opgraderer, så snart belastningen er for høj. Da det ikke er alle internetudbydere, der følger dette eksempel, kan du være udsat for markant lavere hastigheder, når du henter fra computere på deres "del-netværk".

Samtidig skal du være opmærksom på, at knudepunkterne og vejen mellem dem bruges af mange forskellige brugere fra hele verden på samme tid. Du deler derfor vejen med andre. Din samlede hastighed ændrer sig, alt efter om der er 10 eller 100 andre brugere på vejen.

Kvaliteten af hastigheden mellem knudepunkterne bestemmes også af den anden computers forbindelse til internettet. Mange hjemmesider ligger på private folks computere derhjemme, og deres forbindelse har derfor en lavere hastighed end større virksomheders forbindelse.
Den maksimale hastighed, du kan hente med, er derfor også bestemt af den maksimale hastighed, de andre computere kan sende med.

Den geografiske placering er også en vigtig faktor. Det kan have store konsekvenser for hastigheden, hvis du fra Danmark vil hente data fra en computer i USA. Det skyldes, at de forskellige oversøiske forbindelser deles af utallige brugere fra utrolig mange lande.

Når du opretter Bredbånd fra TDC, indgår du en aftale med TDC om hastigheden fra dig til TDC. Det er derfor kun denne hastighed, TDC kan holdes ansvarlig for.

Hvad angår de to andre vigtige faktorer, vi har været inde på, kan TDC ikke holdes ansvarlig for disse.
Det er dit ansvar, at din computer fungerer, som den skal. Samtidig kan ingen enkelt internetudbyder holdes ansvarlig for alle de "del-netværk" og knudepunkter, der samlet set udgør internettet.

Husk at du døgnet rundt altid kan finde hjælp på www.tdconline.dk.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
in other words: its' just a copy/paste email they sent me, explaining me stuff I already knew and totally ignoring the main issue. /clap. Seems the only way of getting rid of the lag would be to change ISP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom