Lag

Olgaline

FH is my second home
having the same problems :/ and yes also TDC :/
talked to some using cybercity, they have it too but guess they use tdc's net as well :/

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Olgaline said:
having the same problems :/ and yes also TDC :/
talked to some using cybercity, they have it too but guess they use tdc's net as well :/

Also Denmark here and use TDC.

Got 2 friends who use Cybercity and they got no lag at all.

Talked to a TDC clerk aswell, and he also had nada clue of what the problem could be, all he said was : I can put some survailance (sp) on your inet connection...zzZzZZ

Calina

Fledgling Freddie
I have the lag too

From Denmark and using TDC.

I've read this thread but tbh. I'm not very techical so I have no clue who to blame for this lag. But what I do know is that I can't play like this!

What can we do about this?? Obviously TDC can't help us

/Calina

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
didnt have any problems before the server takedown to fix ME`s, but guess it aint goas fault saying its only danish people having lag.

but omg QQ irl cant play :(

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
What the hell can we do about this? :/ everyone w. tdc and some w. cybercity have this problem!!! Could anyone call them & get someone that actually understands the problem? Maybe show them some pingplots and this thread ??

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Well this is fucking brilliant. My occasional yellow lagspikes that I used to get every 9 seconds, have turned into constant yellow and red lagspikes. Switches from yellow then back to red, then yellow again.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
have you contacted your ISP? they might be able to yell at someone for you...

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, we have. They told us nothing was wrong w. their adsl / routers. But they seemed kinda clueless.

This is the only game I'm getting lag in ...

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest we all phone tdc tomorrow at a set time, maybe they get their fking fingers out of their fat asses.

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
tdc suger ><

Lagged in wow too, so atleast it isnt the DAoC crowd only that is having this problem.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Just called TDC too. The guy I spoke with was totally clueless, he didn't even know what pingplotter was. Great. Anyways, he promised to call me tomorrow afternoon... he said he'd investigate it but tbh I dont have much faith in it.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Elftor said:
Lagged in wow too, so atleast it isnt the DAoC crowd only that is having this problem.

I'm not lagging in WoW, Everquest 2 or Star Wars Galaxies

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmi said:
I'm not lagging in WoW, Everquest 2 or Star Wars Galaxies

not laggin in wow either. tbh by the pingplotter things, it dosnt look like tdc is the problem. but some host/router (what ever its called) we (being danes) connects to goa thru

edit: gone here to!! :worthy: :clap:

McCoder

Fledgling Freddie
Hi i'm McCoder, i'm danish and i have lag

<everyone goes "Hi McCoder">

I too did a traceroute and found the problem to be a router on sprintlinks net in france

I called sprintlinks support line in USA a spoke to a very helpfull fellow that told me that the router in question is indeed having some problems but that it is at a customer site so he couldnt really help except telling me that the customer is france telecom , he looked at ip's in ripe and suggested that i called wanadoo.

I called wanadoo in france at the number listed in ripe's database and got a guy that couldnt speak english <sarcasm on> SURPRISE <sarcasm off>, he gave me a number for their support hotline , but when i called the number it didnt work

Wanadoo is 100% owned by france telecom , so we need to contact either wanadoo or france telecom if neither goa nor TDC wants to help

i'll keep looking, the truth is out there

McCoder

McCoder

Fledgling Freddie
bah, its fixed now and nobody told me :-s

still lose around 100ms at that router but its definately better

McCoder

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
didn't disappear here, it went to "light version", with yellow lagspikes every 10 seconds

McCoder

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, went from around 600-700ms latency to 100ms

i can play now, im used to lag :-s

McCoder

Brevis

Fledgling Freddie
I still dont get why we have to cross the atlantic to go to france...?
I remember some time ago when doing traceroutes you would go via sweden then to france......

Just puzzling that its easier to go to US then back :D

And my latest pingplot matches the old one, still same amount of loss/latency

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
this frigging stinks.

McCoder > Seems you got a hold of the right people... could you try to talk to them?? Someone needs to do something, and it has to be someone who knows about the technical stuff..

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Latest pingplot (exact same as last night)

3cc.jpg

McCoder

Fledgling Freddie
which is what i have now

earlier today and yesterday i had a 600-700msec lag right after sl-fran2.....

so it is better , just not perfect

McCoder

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Well we shouldn't settle with the lag, the way it is atm. These lagspikes cause a significant delay when writing / doing anything ingame. I draw my weapon and 1½-2 seconds before anything happens. Impossible to PA, fight and do any RVR like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom