Lag Issues

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
seems to have calmed down today?

my point exactly ... as soon as things become better you don't hear the horde of whiners anymore...

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying people are not right to whine .. you have your right to whine and I have had my fair share of whining... even quite enjoy it with a bit of cheese from time to time.

I just realised that you never ever hear whiners after things are fixed ... what I call one way traffic

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Just to prove you wrong Shan. ;)

It WAS a lot better tonight, so i'm a lot happier now. I still got some really bad spikes (one that got me frozen up and flat out killed just when i was getting the jump on a kobbie.. i froze and woke up dead instead) but on the whole - a lot better, and bearable! :D

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:
Just to prove you wrong Shan. ;)

I had a short list of people in my head I suspected of doing just this.

You were in the top 3 Levin ;)

:clap:

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
:flame: I just love the way that GOA blame someone else for the lag problems. How come I have no lag problems with any of the other MMO's I play? Lets face it GOA is a small company who cant handle a game the size of DAOC. Mythic should never have give them permission to run the game in Europe. :flame:

/whine off

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
semanon said:
:flame: I just love the way that GOA blame someone else for the lag problems. How come I have no lag problems with any of the other MMO's I play? Lets face it GOA is a small company who cant handle a game the size of DAOC. Mythic should never have give them permission to run the game in Europe. :flame:

/whine off
Maybe because the game is based in France while the other MMOs might not be?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
wrong for all you WoW peeps Blizard have hosted their servers for Wow in paris i know because i applied for a job :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Awarkle said:
wrong for all you WoW peeps Blizard have hosted their servers for Wow in paris i know because i applied for a job :)
To the best of my knowledge it's only the support office which is in Paris. The servers are in a different country.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well tbh france is the ideal location for hosting european servers. Its more central if you look at a map of europe you got spain and italy to the south, germany to the north the UK to the west denmark/sweeden etc (excuse me if you from those places) to the north west.

However the job description stated requirment of a second language for english GM which seems to me that they servers are in france. Obviously i dont know :) still fingers crossed ;)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Awarkle said:
well tbh france is the ideal location for hosting european servers. Its more central if you look at a map of europe you got spain and italy to the south, germany to the north the UK to the west denmark/sweeden etc (excuse me if you from those places) to the north west.

However the job description stated requirment of a second language for english GM which seems to me that they servers are in france. Obviously i dont know :) still fingers crossed ;)
The support office (where all the GMs work) is near Paris - I know people who work there. The servers don't have to be anywhere close to where the support guys are. I work in a different building to the DAoC servers. To be honest I've never even seen the servers or the building that houses them.

Aussie

Banned
the center of europe was belgium. but since some new countries entered EU the middlepoint would be in eastern germany somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom