Lag Cheating and Strafeing are two difirent things, right?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
When an MA train is on you, it is perfectly legal to straffe around in circles so the train misses positional styles or misses altoghter because of being out of view, correct?

A hell of alot of people seem to be mixing this up with lag casting and other such ilegal things.

Can anyone confirm this?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
its illigal to do something not intented for the game

What? So focus pulling high level mobs was ilegal since it was not intended? No, it wasnt ilegal but they did change it alright.

Buffbots are ilegal by that logic, as i assume it was never mythics intention for buff chars to be used in this way.

Ninjaing keeps with stealthers ignoring the doors and just going straight for the lord, also I beleive although it was not intended it isnt ilegal.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Its illegal if you can be banned for it. So ask yourselves the next question:

Is there a chance I get banned for this behaviour. Notice I say chance and Im not saying 'is it likely I get banned for this'.

Is there a chance you get banned for radar-use? Yes ---> Illegal
Is there a chance you get banned for ninja-keepraiding? No --> not illegal

I actually ASKED if it was allowed to strafe so peeps dont get styles on you. The answer was: This is a valid tactic and is NOT considering illegal behaviour.

Some people might call it lame; but thats something entirely different. In my eyes it is as lame as using dragonfang; popping SOS or BOF or Grouppurge, BAOD, stealth-zerging, using IP, using savages in RvR, using buffbot timered resists, etc etc etc

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
imo the /stick and /face is bugged

as when you stick or face someone you are supposed to be in view all the time...but when someone strafe around, get out of view msg, then you all of a sudden arnt faced.

this should be fixed...mostly ruins the few solo fights stealthers get these days...

afaik it takes down the group rvr too.. :<

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
When an MA train is on you, it is perfectly legal to straffe around in circles so the train misses positional styles or misses altoghter because of being out of view, correct?

A hell of alot of people seem to be mixing this up with lag casting and other such ilegal things.

Can anyone confirm this?

you wont get banned

but every decent player will dislike you if you do it, so morally low

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
When people strafe round me, I find that side-positional styles often hit.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Right, When I'm in a fight and people are trying to get behind me I'll strafe around so that my shield stays between me and them. I'm not trying to cause lag or do the 'run through' trick to get off a back style while they're stuck to me, it's a logical and sensible thing to do. Are people supposed to stand absolutely still in combat in case they mess up a stealthers PA or accidentally move out of range of a pbaoe?
Deliberately trying to cause lag or abusing flaws in game mechanics is low, but trying to gain the best position in combat is just tactics.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
erm, why shouldn't i be allowed to strafe? it's part of the game and a valid mway to move (unlike lag jumping (i think some bards are LGM lag jumpers tbh)). should i just stand there and let the enemy get nicly into position to land his uber styles? i think not. /assist /face /stick is already bad enough and if strafe is the only way to survive a savage train a few more seconds i will bloody well do it :cheers:

lillagullan

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Buffbots are ilegal by that logic, as i assume it was never mythics intention for buff chars to be used in this way.

buffbots give more accounts = more money

strafing people makes people quit playing = less money

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
lillagullan said:

i don't get some ppls problem ... to strafe is a valid movement, otherwise it wouldn't be a prt of the game, right? every nerf FPS game has strafe ... it's the ppl who ABUSE it in conjunction with lag tricks who cause trouble.

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
If strafe is Ilegal wy the hell do they make strafe avilibul? i mean not hard to bind strafe to any keys and they are already binded to keyes as u install the game. kinda lame maby but it´s a part of the game same as buffbots.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

as when you stick or face someone you are supposed to be in view all the time...but when someone strafe around, get out of view msg, then you all of a sudden arnt faced.

this should be fixed...mostly ruins the few solo fights stealthers get these days...

Aye sucks. The amount of times I PA some support, on stick,face, sprint etc, get not in view for CD but hit with offhand fine. Getting v annoying.

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
lillagullan said:

So in ur logic mythic should also deem zerging illegal, so they wouldnt lose money cuz peeps cant take zerging?
Anyone not using it can be compared to peeps not using bb cuz its lame.
Imo quit the game if u cant take bb or strafing... its here to stay. It aint illegal, and unless mythic disables strafing i sure as hell am gonna use it.
Do u really mean to say that u dont do anything in ur power, within legal boundaries, to avoid dying?
:clap:

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Chretien. U can't expect someone to just stand still waiting to be hit, you try to avoid the hits as much as possible :)

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
Was thinking about this earlier tonight as I had a /assist train beating seven shades of shit out of me earlier.

They were using strafe to try and land side positionals, as well as trying to step through to get of rear positionals - why is it not lame for them to strafe but it would be if I did it? They're trying to kill me quicker and I'm trying to make them kill me slower.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Platina said:
If strafe is Ilegal wy the hell do they make strafe avilibul? i mean not hard to bind strafe to any keys and they are already binded to keyes as u install the game. kinda lame maby but it´s a part of the game same as buffbots.

Stop using this reasoning. It's completely flawed. There are many other reasons why Mythic would install strafing than to grant, in some cases, virtual melee immunity.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Tareregion said:
Agree with Chretien. U can't expect someone to just stand still waiting to be hit, you try to avoid the hits as much as possible :)

Thats not exactly the message I thought Chretien was bringing as far as I understood. He didnt mean it's ok to do everything possible to avoid hits, he said it's ok to get in a best possible position to block / parry etc, and avoiding to have people behind you.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
If someone kills me I take it for granted he cheats,cosI'm uber

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Polkadot said:
They were using strafe to try and land side positionals, as well as trying to step through to get of rear positionals - why is it not lame for them to strafe but it would be if I did it? They're trying to kill me quicker and I'm trying to make them kill me slower.

Aye, got zero time for tanks whining about this, when run-thru trick is routine. Swallow ur own shit guys.

Mael, 50th ment.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Derric said:
If someone kills me I take it for granted he cheats,cosI'm uber
Thats my pov also derric, wisest words I've seen on FH to date. :cheers:

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Had a Talk with Ilum about this.

Not played much tank, so did what I did 2m K rps on my sb , straffel run through run around all i could to try avoid DF :p well some time since I played sb longer then 15m .Went out with Savage and did the same´more or less, also trying to get side style in and straffle left or right around it normal works.

Got some nice /rude spam on me and a PM from ilum on IRQ.
Now what ? 2 problems here.
Iam hitting a target that keeps moving , I do my stuff and try get side stun in.
Or I do my anytimer coz I have 3 tanks on me that gets oow.
If my target didnt move around, I didnt have 2 either.

Savage first target not gonna be tank normal, where mercs will pick savage, now mercs facing same problem other Tanks faced God knows how long.
Wanna stop it now fine but 90 % of support dont think so, atleast from the litle experiance I have as Tank.

When I played healer didnt noticed this other then the odd lag mess jump and didnt try to do the straffle side back in out coz I dont have any styles :p
And ask my group how many times I have yelled why not the Sorz or other caster first, mostly same answer cant hit it :/

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
its illigal to do something not intented for the game

ROFL get a clue ffs .. there's been the abillity to strafe or sidestep in this game since beta... But I'm sure they just put it in so we could walk silly :eek:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

Ehhh WRONG.. its does not ruin solo fights , it actualy makes it take skills to win ( unless your an infil ) and not just /stick /face /press random style... Guesse you have never been in a fist fight RL , or if so how badly did you get beaten up because you could not /stick /face ????

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
My opinion is Face is intended to allow someone to constantly have someone in view. Running through people to cause target it out of view is an exploit in my opinion, and it royally screws any caster trying to qc. Strafing around someone in a circle doesn't break face and is fine in my opinion. No one will ever get banned for either however so do what you feel fine, just pretty lame to run through people as it's screwing up an intended game mechanic which pretty much prevents a caster from doing anything at all in a fight (and they have it hard enough as it is).

If Mythic just made it so that if you are facing someone and they are in melee range of you, it didn't carry out a LoS check and took it for granted that you could see them, there wouldn't be a problem at all. Seems like a simple fix but chances are they'll never implement this... Can't think of anyway this would be exploitable either...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
ROFL get a clue ffs .. there's been the abillity to strafe or sidestep in this game since beta... But I'm sure they just put it in so we could walk silly :eek:

it has been in the game since beta, it was probably never intended to be used like this but its still not illegal...

however speaking of "been there since the beta", remember the time when you would stay hidden if you PA'd someone to death in 1 blow? it got removed about 7 months after realease....
the reason: "we never intended this to be in the game" (yeah right 7 months after the beta)
so we all know how much value things have that have been in the game "since the beta" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom