Lack of..... well anything!

Betina

Fledgling Freddie
I am 43 and have played almost every MMO on the market. I have also followed most of them whille being under development, and my experience is; if a developer is lacking info, then its because they have problems, will hide something, or dont have any more to reveal. I am afraid, that WAR is on the "Vanguard" way. I can feel it(hope i feel wrong), and i am very close to leave it for AoC, and the next few month will show me witch path i will take.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Its the running theory... theres a whole section on the subject in the old roleplay books about it. Capture a snolting and take care of it in a zoo, to see if it grows into goblis, orcs and black orcs.

Snotlings, Goblins and Orcs are all different species. Black Orcs are the result of selective breeding by the Chaos Dwarfs to create a super Orc. Unfortunately they were a bit too successful and the Black Orcs rebelled against them.

The back of the Da Uvver Book for Gorkamorka has the current version of the Orc physiology lore in it (it's for the 40K setting but Orcs is Orcs - even when they are Orks).

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I am 43 and have played almost every MMO on the market. I have also followed most of them whille being under development, and my experience is; if a developer is lacking info, then its because they have problems, will hide something, or dont have any more to reveal. I am afraid, that WAR is on the "Vanguard" way. I can feel it(hope i feel wrong), and i am very close to leave it for AoC, and the next few month will show me witch path i will take.

:rolleyes:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager

Or... Or.. there's going to be a huge press event next week in Paris and we/EA Mythic want to keep some surprises back for that.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Or... Or.. there's going to be a huge press event next week in Paris and we/EA Mythic want to keep some surprises back for that.

I'm not complaining, but then how do you explain the sudden burst of info the last few days?
I mean, these last 3 days have been filled with more news to me than I've seen the last 3 weeks... honoustly, if they really didn't hand out info because of that happening in Paris, then why didn't they just wait a few days longer before sharing all that stuff with us?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm very happy they already let some info slip into our greedy hands, but I'm pretty sure there are more reasons why they waited that long aside of the 'we'll tell in Paris'-motivation. (and oh, all you guys/girls going to paris: Do make some movie of a Shadow Warrior... I'm desperate :) (en francais: si tu vas a l'évènement a Paris, ca sera tres gentil si tu faisait un petit film d'un Shadow Warrior. Merci beaucoup!) ).

anyways, whatever the reason might be (I don't really care, especially if the true reason is bad news, because I just don't want to hear the bad news really...), we've been getting some stuff now, and in 10ish days the newsletter should be out again too, and in 2 or 3 days the competition winners should be anounced and... and... <falls to floor, drooling on all the info about the game we'll get>

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
For goodness sake what is the matter with people???? No MMO - possibly no game EVER - has ever released so much information to the public during its development. In truth we have been spoiled rotten by EA Mythic and the result is that when he hear "nothing" for a couple of weeks then the game must be bombing.

As for the comment about Vanguard - where on earth are you getting your info? You don't even even sound like you know whether or not the release of info from EA Mythic has dried up or not so how on earth can you pull the "doing a Vanguard" out of your arse? Either you have a statement to make or you don't - base it on fact not ifs and maybes.

Chill out people - get down to your local Games Workshop, buy some models and start painting or get some background literature or maybe even get your arse kicked on the table top by a child who needs a chair just to see the field of play.

It'll be ready when it's ready..

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Chill out people - get down to your local Games Workshop, buy some models and start painting or get some background literature or maybe even get your arse kicked on the table top by a child who needs a chair just to see the field of play.

It'll be ready when it's ready..

Been there, done that lol!

It's easy to tell people to chill out, I for one am really looking forward to WAR and have been for a long, long time..... and hey aint this what forums are for? to discuss stuff like this :cheers:

Don't agree with the chappie talking about Vanguard, no news does not automatically mean its gone sour and the game is poo!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with chris. No news doesn't mean bad game, but imho lnews does mean very good progress, so I'm always looking forward to see new info since that tells me all is going well.

and about waiting: I don't feel like buying those models and painting them and stuff... not too many play that game in Belgium I think and I'm not willing to spend cash on those figures when I know there's a small chance I might have to upgrade my pc to play war when it comes out.
So I'd rather save up my cash for that then :) (allthough I kinda hope it won't be necesairy)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I'm going nuts too. Got worse when I got my e-mail to say I'd won my guild a place in the guild beta.

I bought the Dawn of War anthology boxset a few weeks back and played that through. Never played RTS before and I'm quite enjoying it. I have a <cough> "full" demo version of Soulstorm right now which I might install today as I finished the Dark Crusade single-player campaign this morning.

Otherwise I am also trying oh so very hard to chill...

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I'm going nuts too. Got worse when I got my e-mail to say I'd won my guild a place in the guild beta.

hum <cough> could I euh <cough> join your guild, so I <cough><cough> would get into beta? ;) :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
hum <cough> could I euh <cough> join your guild, so I <cough><cough> would get into beta? ;) :D
If it worked like that it could have been possible - I'm sure some nub would have sold places for a price.

We had to submit a list of guildies at the time although there was a rumour that GOA would look into allowing us to refresh that list based on people getting in through random invites and guild "politics" meaning the list might need to be changed. Even so I have a standby list already as we were allocated 10 places and there many, many more than that from my lot who wanted in.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie

Will the EA Mythic staff be in cosplay? Cos thats the only way i'd be suprised.
Especially if the fat guy with a beard (theirs one in every company) turns up as an Elven Sorceress.

Nate

FH is my second home
Will the EA Mythic staff be in cosplay? Cos thats the only way i'd be suprised.
Especially if the fat guy with a beard (theirs one in every company) turns up as an Elven Sorceress.
You mean Paul Barnett, he's northern too! Could it get any worse?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Well, we don't know if he cosplays or not, if no... then it doesn't matter
If yes, mental images of such a 'vision' will haunt you to your grave. Its these details your local Asylum will require.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom