lack of crowd control on WAR, good or bad?

CC good or bad?

• NO CC DOWN WITH THE MEZ!

Votes: 97 53.6%
  • YES! GIVE US THE CHANCE TO BASH ENEMIES THAT STAND STILL NONE OF THIS RUNNING AROUND NONSENSE!

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • frankly my dear... i dont give a damn!

Votes: 29 16.0%

• Total voters

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well? personally i hated CC in DAoC, it bugged the crap out of me that sometimes you'd spend ages standing about doing nothing while you got beat to a pulp with not really a chance in hell of fighting back unless your entire group had purge o_O

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
bright wizard has one from what i remember when playing it in CB

Id say the little the better.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Will be happy if no CC existed but in the end i just don't care that much hehe.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They stretched and twisted the whole concept.
There are various (even more than in Daoc) forms of cc in War but no Aoe and no retarded long ones, so to effectively cc you need to time it VERY well, choose carefully which targets and have a good rotation on GCD basically.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
dont mind CC and long as its not excessive or there is counters to it

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
war has cc...
it doesn't have mez, but at least daoc cc >>>>> wow cc
in daoc you can get purge1 very easily and remember you include in your group a class with unmez spell

Gahn

Resident Freddy
war has cc...
in daoc you can get purge1 very easily and remember you include in your group a class with unmez spell

Chosen equivalent of Purge 3 is at level 15 or so, no biggie.

Aada

Part of the furniture
war has cc...

I like WoW CC instead of DAOC CC.

DAOC CC if you didn't have purge up was just annoying being mezed for 30+ seconds.

WoW CC very rare you not able to move for more then a few seconds.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie

not heard of stun lock rouges or warlocks (fear felgaurd intercept SoC fear) then ? and not to mention sheep frog and pig by mages

Gahn

Resident Freddy

DAOC CC if you didn't have purge up was just annoying being mezed for 30+ seconds.

This made my day :fluffle:

Aada

Part of the furniture
not heard of stun lock rouges or warlocks (fear felgaurd intercept SoC fear) then ? and not to mention sheep frog and pig by mages

Stunlock is annoying but many Rogues are too stupid to pull it off.

I have only been stunlocked a few times in my 4 years of WoW.

Mage Sheep is not a problem as soon as he sheeps you bam you get 100% hps/mana regen.

Fear is annoying i will give you that but i will have that any day over the stupid ass mezz for life that DAOC gave you.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
no "mezz, stun, nuke, nuke, nuke" thank goodness in WAR :)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Stunlock is annoying but many Rogues are too stupid to pull it off.

I have only been stunlocked a few times in my 4 years of WoW.

Mage Sheep is not a problem as soon as he sheeps you bam you get 100% hps/mana regen.

Fear is annoying i will give you that but i will have that any day over the stupid ass mezz for life that DAOC gave you.
mezz brakes as soon as your hit fear does not that very imblananced

mezz was fine it was stun that stucked imo

Aada

Part of the furniture
mezz brakes as soon as your hit fear does not that very imblananced

Yeah but when you are mezed for 30+ seconds and the train has finished off everyone else and they come for you it aint gonna matter when it breaks is it?

Fear has a good chance of breaking when you are damaged in anyway.

I can't count how many times grps i was in on DAOC never entered any RVR zone until purges were up.. NOT FUN.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but when you are mezed for 30+ seconds and the train comes for you it aint gonna matter when it breaks is it?

when the train come if you solo your dead no matter what lol;)

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie

in wow was moving for a looooong looooong time in chain cc (no immunity) but i couldn't do anything.
polymorph 50sec duration
sap 45secs
fear 20secs
psychic scream 8sec 26sec cd
these leave no immunity and with fear/ scream damage doesn't break cc...

in daoc my bm, when charge3 (every90secs) is not up, gets mezzed for less than 20sec and gets immunity, castable stun gives slam immunity ( i don't could being stun for 1 sec).

when i play bard i usually wait for my purge3 to be up and i don't forget to use cb when its up. and of course unmez grp members when needed.

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
The CCs in war is done in a very interesting and challengin manner. Here are some examples:

Snares: Every class has got some sort of snare to make enemies move slower.

All the tanks have a small 5 sec AoE-root. Very useful for "oh shit"-situations. Some tanks at least have the abilty to give a "leg wound" wich punishes the target for every half second that she/he moves. Excellent fun and adds an extra layer of strategy and choise to the wounded player.

Many skills give a knockdown effect that hardly lasts any longer than the GBC for using the ability. But they are useful for interrupting long-casttime effects, and channeled meleeattacks.

Many skills give a knockdown on PvE-targets, and a knockback on PvP-targets. Wich of course interrupts abilities with buildtimes and most importantly throws people about. The knockbacks and collissiondetection makes the positioning and movement a much more interesting part of PvP than what I am used to from wow, where it mostly matters what way you look and your ability to kite players around the pillars in the arena.

There are some silencing effects, generally a few seconds duration on a much longer cooldown.

Oh, I think someone already mentioned it, might have been on another thread though: Your character always face your current offensive target if you don't turn it manually.

In conclusion. There seems to be a lot of interesting and tactical ways you have to coordinate and cooperate with your groups CCs to be the best you can be. And you hardly ever sit and feel useless because you are stunned/rooted/silenced.

For more details, have a look on wardb.com, they have good spellists.

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
You mean, "oh shit this caster is going to die in 2 hits now!", situations? :clap:

Indeed! But I think they are limited in how many people they affect, and the root is very likely to break on damage. (don't know if that is only newly applied damage effects, or on dots as well.) So if you let your healer go as low as 2-hits-till-death in the middle of a messy gangfight, you probably won't saver her/him. But you can easily keep three sneaky wichhunters busy long enough to give your groupmates time to mount a counteroffensive.

Oh, another excellent version of CC that I forgot is the Taunt efects and that they work in PvP! In short they modify the amount of damage the taunted/detaunted character does to specifik targets. So if your taunts a melee dps you will do 30% bonus damage to that target until 15 seconds have passed or that player has hit you three times. So the taunted player must choose: "Do I go for the squishy and get beaten by the platewearing lunatic with a 2h-axe?" Another AoE-taunt effect makes everyone you taunt do less damage on all targets, but you. Great fun!

I'm actually lokoing forward a lot to that place in the future when I am so comfortable with all my abilities and inns and outs so I can concentrate more on the strategics of the fight.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
If you have collision detection in games you don't need overbearing Crowd Control.

The only reason DAoC had what it had, was because it didn't have CD.

Until dps output went as insane as it did in DAoC, combined with /assist trains, the level of CC was about right.

I'll take CD and CS (common sense) any day though. :drink:

As the old saying goes "If it ain't got CD, then it ain't PvP" and I'm +1 with that.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
daoc cc was good, I liked it alot... I don't mind if WAR moves on with this same idea of CC, but also if it doesn't

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
if you let your healer go as low as 2-hits-till-death in the middle of a messy gangfight, you probably won't saver her/him.

As far as I can gather, 2 hits is all it takes from full.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The low duration of the Crowd Control in this game is a good thing in my perspective.
I always hated the long CC options available in DAoC and WoW, and it was clear that it was (is) almost impossible to balance.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
wow cc sucks donkey balls where you can stun lock people to death

same with some of the CC which were in daoc, AE stun for example, CC is good, aslong as it breaks on damage imo and don't last too long, gives more room for good players
was fun running caster groups in daoc prekiting shit and nuking them down :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I can't count how many times grps i was in on DAOC never entered any RVR zone until purges were up.. NOT FUN.

By reading your experiences you must have played DAoC like 2003 the last time and that with 0% resists or when you played after 2003 you were constantly in those shit groups.

I one year of group RvR in a set group we got caught once will all players having Purge down, Sorc and Minstrel had Purge III and we all purged before on a single caster (roflmao).

Don't want to make any judgements about CC in other games, but a lot of the problems in DAoC today with CC duration comes from players not dodging CC spells or not CC'ing themself.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The low duration of the Crowd Control in this game is a good thing in my perspective.
I always hated the long CC options available in DAoC and WoW, and it was clear that it was (is) almost impossible to balance.

Completely agree, even after 7 years DAoC never really got it right imo.

The main thing about long-duration CC was it meant you HAD to have certain classes to compete against other groups. In Warhammer there are no must-have classes. Sure some are more desirable, but certainly nothing game-breaking like running a hib group with no bard etc.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't have any problems with the CC per say. But I didn't like the fact that you "needed" several specific classes to compete in RvR. Like a Pac Healer in this case.

I hope the group setups will be a little more freely in WAR but we'll see about that.

Frankly my dear... I dont give a damn about the CC!

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Don't want to make any judgements about CC in other games, but a lot of the problems in DAoC today with CC duration comes from players not dodging CC spells or not CC'ing themself.

The CC or be CC'd argument doesn't wash. It's quite simply not fun to just stand around waiting to die after you've spent all that time gaining more/more powerful abilities.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The CC or be CC'd argument doesn't wash. It's quite simply not fun to lose.

Fixed it for you. While true, also the argument of sheeps (not saying you're one) who will not do anything but blame the CC, the OP'ed Hibs or whatever most of the time for losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom