Labyrinth of the Minotaur info from Roundtable Meeting

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
TOA is the only expansion so far to retain its use, except on the classic servers which proved yet another dead donkey.

what you talking about

SI = that neccky + some nice class's + grp lvling zone's
TOA = ML's + items
Cata = solo lvling zones + items + class's
DR = CL'S(agreed there crap but there still used) + the weapon + horses

yes, DR is still new, but they all play a role for the game as it is now

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
psyco said:
i dont get it, you have to buy a minotaur? or the mauler? or what?
and then to use it you have to have the relics, personal or realm? witch dont stay there when you log off? so you essentually cant create one.... ?!?!

EH!?!?

o_O Are you drunk or didn't you have your pill?

(Tes, correct me if I'm wrong here) - You need to get the relic in order to unlock the quest or something to unlock the character. Once you've done the quest you can unlock and play when you want.

From what I understand.

Spectro

Fledgling Freddie
At this point i must say that (in my opinion):

- TOA is the best expansion of the game because of it huge content (new races, lots of new zones, many stuff for our char, lot of pve content that i apreciate coz i like it, the ability to dive and the great time we have spend in the MasterLevels --> slap me!! oh lol)

- But here is the big BUT --> I think that SI and DR are the only expansions that continue the Medieval line of the game, because if I remember this is a Medieval game, not a mythologic one... And although we dont like DR, it gives our kings to the city, demons to fight with and horses (finally we get our mounts, they should make them faster or we will still using taxi-horses), all medieval content.

Well i appreciate a lot a new HUGE RVR dungeon and most if the entrance to it is in the frontiers, it gives always a lot of farming! NICEE! I like also the idea of the flash point in warmap of the minotaur relics, there are several times that i cant find a poor weak enemie at frontiers, now im sure ill find one although ill be zerged or killed in half a hit (by a mauler) in the time I type /y.

It will be like DR but instead of Ice and Fire horses, the frontier will be filled of Minutaurs with a new Darkness Falls. This Expansion will be an Expansion of TOA as it continues the Greek Mythologic line.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
chretien said:
For those of us who don't PL our characters and still enjoy playing the game, Catas and DR are invaluable. So many new quests, great places to hunt, good stuff to kit out lowbie characters with etc.
i don't pl my toons and i have fun leveling myself in SI zones :< (i cant go cata zones, cause... i dont got cata xD)

the only thing this expansion is good for is, that i will get cata for free and then only need to buy one expansion to get dr for my champ weap(rly stupid its in my temp tho, but my temp rocks so much :<)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Those new relics sounds pretty damn cool Gives another reason to RvR: Who can hold and keep as many relics as possible.

Pretty neat if you ask me. :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Any infos on how cl 6-10 will work? More points and can buy different lines or higher levels?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The relic idea sounds simple, yet how will this be incorporated on Camlann?

Will it be which guild has the most Relics will then be able to unlock the Minotuar...if so thats shit because all the small guilds will have to night raid to get them

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
New expansion sounds great.

Of all the previous expansions, SI was the best. It introduced new zones, more high level areas to XP (I mean 40+, not 50).

The game could have done without TOA. Sure it introduced some nice encounters and items but it took the game out of the casual player and made the power players even more powerful. The game became more about what items you carried than how you played and I think this expansion more than any lost the game players. It also for me, doesn't fit with the medieval setting of the game. Of course, now with TOA being easier it is a much better place but it was still a poorly conceived expansion.

Just think of what we had to put up with in TOA. You go LD on an ML and miss a step, bang goes your raid. Need an artifact, well thats on a 10 hour respawn timer and it'll be killed by someone the moment it pops leaving you artifact-less. Need scrolls? only have 1 account? oh well never mind. The game became too difficult, not because the game was difficult to play, but because the game put so many stupid obsticles in your way. Of course they are fixed now but it was too little too late.

Catacombs was the expansion that should have come in place of TOA. DR is nice because it added some nice content.

They should also have put more Catacombs style quests into the old worlds also. The game isn't really very friendly to play as a newbie anymore, and the new zones added to Catacombs were not exactly the most exciting looking zones.

Gamah

Banned
Bahumat said:
The relic idea sounds simple, yet how will this be incorporated on Camlann?

Will it be which guild has the most Relics will then be able to unlock the Minotuar...if so thats shit because all the small guilds will have to night raid to get them

Think mythic give a damn about PVP server?

Slammy

Fledgling Freddie
They gave the answer for PvP server and Coop. It will be unlocked from the start.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Any infos on how cl 6-10 will work? More points and can buy different lines or higher levels?

every thing is the same, cept you get 5 extra points to spend

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
catacombs was good... DR was fun for a week or two till the content ran out.

Hopefully this big labyrinth wotsit is as big as they say it is and provides lots of stuff to do.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
catacombs was good... DR was fun for a week or two till the content ran out.

Hopefully this big labyrinth wotsit is as big as they say it is and provides lots of stuff to do.

May as well cause it has to fill time till late 2007 xD

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
psyco said:
every thing is the same, cept you get 5 extra points to spend

so no extra cl abilities (IE: more powerful resist lines at level 6-10 then?) just more points to spend on say two lines upto lvl 5.

Thank god, i can happily skip this expansion then...

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
bleh.

extra 5 cl points - shit
mauler/minotaur thing - lol..

..so i should pay money for a 2nd darkness falls? sounds awesome :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
so no extra cl abilities (IE: more powerful resist lines at level 6-10 then?) just more points to spend on say two lines upto lvl 5.

Thank god, i can happily skip this expansion then...

it'll probbly be free anyway, aslong as you have DR, the only thing you will pay for it accsess to the new zone and the new class/race

and tbh the new class sounds boring, so i probbly wont be buying it...

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
bleh.

extra 5 cl points - shit
mauler/minotaur thing - lol..

..so i should pay money for a 2nd darkness falls? sounds awesome :p

You don't have to you know. Dont like it, dont get it. It's that simple.

My guess is that you will change your mind though and go out and buy it. So, do us a favour and stop the whining. Its a broken record really. :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Like the sound of the 23 artifacts etc, remains to be seen if it changes RvR atall but might bring something new and interesting to it... Couldnt care about CL's etc as haven't bothered getting past CL2 tbh...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Like the sound of the 23 artifacts etc, remains to be seen if it changes RvR atall but might bring something new and interesting to it... Couldnt care about CL's etc as haven't bothered getting past CL2 tbh...

my guess is it wont change anything, maybe for the first month or so, but then people wont focus on obtaining them, and just to irvr

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
psyco said:
my guess is it wont change anything, maybe for the first month or so, but then people wont focus on obtaining them, and just to irvr

if there's a reason/advantage to getting them people might fight over them -

The reason irvr is so popular at the moment is because for a lot of classes it gets you the most RP for your time invested, making any other form of Rvr obsolete. That along with the ToA nerf and the fact that DR is completely ignorable means that to improve your char you need to grind those realm ranks... voila insta RvR.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
You run far into the new dungeon. Find a relic. Run all the way back to the exit. Get ganked by some camper while you zone, who runs off with your relic! :(

If we lose the relic when we LD, i bet Open Transit will have some kind of problems again shortly after we get the expansion here in EU. :p

Tbh, it doesn't sound too bad. Chasing red blinking dots on the map and killing stuff to make them drop shiny things for you to pick up sounds like a platform game, but it could be fun.
Maybe if the blinking dot only indicated the zone or an area the relic was in and not the exact location.
I'm not sure the few players left in this game need a dungeon 10x the size of DF though.

Maybe next expansion we'll get ninjas?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
My bet is, whatever the dungeon is and wtf there's inside, it gonna be empty in 1 month max.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if there's a reason/advantage to getting them people might fight over them -

The reason irvr is so popular at the moment is because for a lot of classes it gets you the most RP for your time invested, making any other form of Rvr obsolete. That along with the ToA nerf and the fact that DR is completely ignorable means that to improve your char you need to grind those realm ranks... voila insta RvR.

agree, but only for the first month or so, remeber its 10X the size of DF so that could meen theres 10X the mobs, in witch case you will need a nice pve grp witch tbh doesn't last 5 mins in rvr, so your time will be wasted, unless theres a small number of lvl 50 mobs in there... and i dont think the relic will be unprotected, so theres bound to be a lvl 65ish mob holding it, to prevent solo'r grabbing it

that'll always be the best way to rvr imo...

Gahn said:
My bet is, whatever the dungeon is and wtf there's inside, it gonna be empty in 1 month max.

its probbly gonna look alot like DR and Co5 dungeon, and its inside agromon, neer the heart i think

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds shit, for us, but I think it might've been okay if there were still LOADS of people playing DAoC like there are in the USA. Shameless cash-in but then I think DR was too. That trailer would put me off DAOC totally if I wasn't a long standing player too.

m0000 die robot m00000000000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom