Labyrinth of the Minotaur info from Roundtable Meeting

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
at the roundtable i learned the following things...

champ levels 6-10

starting stats for the minotaur race
80 str
70 con
50 dex
40 qui

mauler stats-
armor- leather
evade- 1 and 2
parry- none

the MAULER class stats will raise in the following order
str
con
qui

unlocking the mauler class- yes u have to unlock it
first they told us the following... these are quotes..
"2 chars on ur acc at least cl10
1 lgm crafter on the account
and all the level 50s at least rr5 then you get to unlock 2 jedi!"
i thought that was pretty funny.. but the real way to unlock the class is:
u need a certain number of the minotaur relics for ur realm then u can unlock the class through the emissary npc

the relics- basically there are 23 minotaur relics, 1 is in cathal valley the other 22 are hidden insice the labrynth which u need to find. these relics have special bonuses, weather its group or self bonuses.. examples are- more damage, encumbrence bonus, replenish arrows or something.. superstealth (yeah like we need more damn stealthers..)and other random bonuses they didnt tell us. these relics drop when you log out, ld, or die. if you die with a relic it drops and ANYONE can pick it up, even an enemy realm person. and the way u keep the relics on you is you "feed them" and when i say that i mean realm points.. if you afk for 30minutes ur relic will have decayed by then, and respawned inside the labrynth for someone else to find. if your group sucks and you keep dieing.. ur screwed as well. also if you have a relic you will be displayed on the /rw map.. like a blinking dot will be on you.. so if u run a gank group with one.. u will be assjammed.. ALOT

the RACE can be the following classes in each realm
midgard- Shaman, Warrior, Berserker and Mauler
albion- Heretic, Armsman, Mercenary and Mauler
hibernia- Druid, Hero, Blademaster and Mauler

Weapons available to the Mauler class are..
NEW fist type weapons similar to brass knuckles, which wont have a graphic, save for the glows etc. artifacts- snakecharmers only for the time being
NEW staffs for maulers only.. artifacts- Tarts, Traldors and Staff of Gods

spec points- 1.5 per level

3 spell lines and info on them-
combat type line- power regen, kicks, punches, multi attacks per round (like the savage but not randomly) disarm, and casting speed increase (enemy players obviously) there could be more i cant remember.. those i wrote down
magnetism line- a CC orriented line with cone snares/roots and regular pulsing ones i believe.. that one didnt make sence
and last but not least the aura/power strike line- self buffs (not stackable) a group HoT aura, the anti-nearsight aura (lessens the effectivness of NS casted on the group), fumbles, debuffs, and some other crap

size of the labrynth in their words are, 10x the size of darkness falls.. which is wow.. im in beta and yeah its pretty damn HUGE

so yeah thats all i can remember for now im really tired...

edit- hybrid weaponskill table

[http://vnboards.ign.com/tintagel_cluster/b22959/99243268/p1/?1]

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
LOL

Plz tell me thats fake :(

Sounds like a retarded class allready, and i can see it getting nerfed nerfed nerfed. Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

Etc

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the relic idea sounds kind of dumb tbh

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Another rip off expansion, the only thing we all still use from the last 2 is the instance PvE and the new classes, not much for our £20 a go is it.

But ofc well have to buy it or we wont be able to have xxx ffs.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
The whole Expansion sounds dumb. :p

HELLO MYTHIC we are playing Dark Age of Camelot and not Dark Age of Greek Mythology..... :/

Theo

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
aura/power strike line- self buffs (not stackable) a group HoT aura, the anti-nearsight aura (lessens the effectivness of NS casted on the group), fumbles, debuffs, and some other crap

sounds like a vamp+paladin+valkrie all in one lol

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Theo said:
sounds like a vamp+paladin+valkrie all in one lol

And it'll probably be 5 times as strong as those classes combined, untill Mythic/GOA sold enough expansion packs.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds like another stupid expansion, im still playing with ToA... lol

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Theres just no pleasing some people :p Looks kind of interesting to me...

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
do they still have the minotaurs-are-so-strong-they-can-wield-2H-weapons-in-one-hand-thing? cause it seems to me that minotaurs can be berserkers/mercs/BMs with 2H dual wield then (main hand)?

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Q: So… how are you planning to balance that minotaur thing where he can use a 2H weapon in one, mighty… hoof?

A: The minotaur has regular hands, silly.

Okay, sorry, I'm not funny. As I warned you in an earlier grab bag, there was a good chance the 2H in 1H thing wasn’t going to survive testing. It didn’t.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Looks decent to me. I think some people would complain about an expansion no matter what was in it. If MMOs never added anything new they would get boring and stale very fast; if all we had was the up-to-SI (the point at which so many people seem to look back with rose-tinted glasses and say the game was ideal) content still, we'd all have been bored shitless long ago and have already quit.

Tesla - can you confirm about the rumoured 2 extra character slots per account?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
old.Whoodoo said:
Another rip off expansion, the only thing we all still use from the last 2 is the instance PvE and the new classes, not much for our £20 a go is it.

But ofc well have to buy it or we wont be able to have xxx ffs.

This seems a very odd thing to say. New classes and all that instance PvE was alot of content. Catacombs seemed to contain as much new stuff as SI did.

While DR doesn't appear to contain as much this may be because it was all entirely optional. If you do the entire champion quest that takes a while and I am sure the quests for the special mounts aren't short. Do you really want another expansion to come out like ToA?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
can anyone else see the flaw in having a relic that gives you super stealth that also shows you up on the mini map?????

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Tesla - can you confirm about the rumoured 2 extra character slots per account?

Missy did mention additional sc slots in one interview
However the french forum piccies have only shown 1 extra slot in the inventory window, presumably for the taur relics

I'm kinda looking forward to the expansion, especially the dungeon, have it preordered on my US classic char.

I like the lootable idea of the taur relics, although the flashing icon on the frontiers map would seem to make little benefit for being a hunted char.

I'd rather not have the "increase to damage" and not be chased by half of alb/mid everywhere I go.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know, we're getting two more slots for characters on each account.

The relic slot on each character can only take a relic item, probably.

Think you're confusing the two. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
if there's 23 relics theres a good chance gank grps will respec to zerg/random farm and get opt'd by the relics :eek:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Novac said:
Q: So… how are you planning to balance that minotaur thing where he can use a 2H weapon in one, mighty… hoof?

A: The minotaur has regular hands, silly.

Okay, sorry, I'm not funny. As I warned you in an earlier grab bag, there was a good chance the 2H in 1H thing wasn’t going to survive testing. It didn’t.

well atleast thats a plus. wouldent want to be in the way of a minotaur thats using 2 6.0 spd 2 handers... >.<

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
if there's 23 relics theres a good chance gank grps will respec to zerg/random farm and get opt'd by the relics :eek:

yeah but as those thats having the relics show up on the realm war map they probably wont bother getting them as every man and his dog will go chasing them. thus the relic carriers wont get any RP's as they getting zerged every time they step outside the keeps..

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
As far as I know, we're getting two more slots for characters on each account.

The relic slot on each character can only take a relic item, probably.

Think you're confusing the two. :)

dohhhh
Serves me right for not reading peoples posts properly :)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Sounds like an awful lot of fucking around to get a class that will no doubt be instanerfed the following patch.

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like fun:)
Tho... gonna look silly with 23 flashing dots on /rw :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so anyway, having most of those relic items to unlock the minotaur.. does that include already made toons or just the ability to roll a minotaur? coz i sure wouldent bother making one if i cant log it on whenever i want to....

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I hope the new mauler class is immune to magic, that would be fun, but to compensate it's vulnerable to melee. :D

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i dont get it, you have to buy a minotaur? or the mauler? or what?
and then to use it you have to have the relics, personal or realm? witch dont stay there when you log off? so you essentually cant create one.... ?!?!

EH!?!?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
This seems a very odd thing to say. New classes and all that instance PvE was alot of content. Catacombs seemed to contain as much new stuff as SI did.

While DR doesn't appear to contain as much this may be because it was all entirely optional. If you do the entire champion quest that takes a while and I am sure the quests for the special mounts aren't short. Do you really want another expansion to come out like ToA?
You can add all the bling in the world to an expansion, longivity and usefulness are something else. ie:

SI - New zones, decent quests, semi decent rewards, exciting new areas, new travel. Still in use today with TG raids, Ancestral (and equivalent) neckie being still one of the best items in the game.

TOA - Lots of new zones, lots of new abilities - master levels, artifacts, drops etc abundant, and still all in use today.

Catacombes - New zones and instancing, a few new items in darkspire that are a pain in the arse to farm, lowbie zones good but empty, huge bling cities, also empty, a handful of decent quests with a few nice items, but nothing much to write home about.

Darkness Rising - Horses, the king, the champ quest. Horses are good but poorly implimented in RvR. The kings quest, dull, too long and repetative when you have more than one toon, the CO5 quest is nice but again too much to repeat. Champ weapon is nice, but once you have that, the expansion itself is over, and youll never touch it again.

TOA is the only expansion so far to retain its use, except on the classic servers which proved yet another dead donkey.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
For those of us who don't PL our characters and still enjoy playing the game, Catas and DR are invaluable. So many new quests, great places to hunt, good stuff to kit out lowbie characters with etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom