Kraken Raid - Friday 29th July 19:00 CET

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadelin said:
Last night I spoke to a few people in BaF before my connection got cut of due to a thunderstorm....

They had a few suggestions as to possible different group setups and different/interesting tactics. I will keep the group setup to 3fg max but that means there is room for a few extra people to try new things. It seems that it maybe possible to use casters as damage dealers/debuffers but I still need to look into it. Feel free to sign up and remember your ML line.

righty, signing up then :)

lvl50 SM 50 supp 20 dark in toa template
RR5L7 - RP2, MoC2, WP3, MoM2, LW1, Serenity1
ML7 Convoker

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Hello again, I have worked out the group setups. I also have a rather large post about the tactics we will try tomorrow. However this is not yet done and I should post the group setups ASAP so people know if they need to come or not. I have modified group 3 to take into account some of BaF suggestion which I will explain a bit later.

Group 1
Warrior - Cadelin
Warrior - Iamscizophrenic - kobbie
Savage/Zerker - drudkh
Helaer (Pac) - Aija - Perfector
Healer (Aug) Sheilda - Perfector - EoY
Healer (Mend) Nataljah - Sojourner
Aug Shaman - Shaarmain - Perfector
Supp RM - Groul -Stormlord

Group 2
WArrior - Zedelnis
WArrior - Aslird
Savage/Zerker - Bluesky
Savage/Zerker - Hakan
Healer (Pac) - Hansi - Sojourner
Healer (Aug) - Armour - Perfector - EoY
Healer (Mend) - Nefi - Perfector - EoY
Aug Shaman - Brites - Perfector

Group 3
Dark RC - Zebolt - Convoker
Aug shaman - Crithness - Perfector
Healer (Pac) - Cider - Perfector
Healer - Mazzuca - Perfector
Skald - Merc - Sojourner
Skald - Taobitz <- I know you didn't sign up with this char but I am assuming you can play him instead of your savage. If not I need an Runie/skald for this position.

Reserves
Legohelten :- As you can bring 3 useful chars BUT forgot to add your ML line I can only put you as a reserve. Hopefully you will bind in ToA somewhere and join the BG when its up.

To Erkezes and Ncr. Thankyou for also signing up. I wanted to keep the numbers under 3fg and I am not entirely sure how useful caster will be. It would however be nice if you could join the bg, If we test things some things and find casters are hitting Kraken well then we may get you to join.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is just the group setups, I will post a detailed plan in about an hour when I finish writing it!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Cunning plan to slay Kraken

Getting to Kraken
For most epic mobs you seem to have to travel for miles and miles from a convienent bind point. Fortunately this is not the case with Kraken. He is in Hesperos. I will either have a big boat, somebody else will have a big boat, or we will take a small fleet of skiffs to 36k 56k Oceanus Hesperos.

It should be noted at this point that we will have to dive down and fight Kraken underwater. In each group there is a Sojourner however as they are also likely to be healing, or being somehow attacked themselves, if you die they may not be ale to cast their breathing spell. EVERYBODY SHOULD ASSUME THEY NEED TO TAKE THEIR OWN BREATHING POTS. Make sure you bring plenty of charges on breathing pots. You may die several times which goes through pots quickly.

It will probably be best to leave completely inactive buffbots on the surface in boats. We have enough buffing power inside the groups.

Setting up
To aid in my explanation I have drawn a pretty map, this should be viewable below.....
KrakenMap.gif

Krakens lair is imbedded in a cliff underwater. The obvious place to set up is to the E of the lair however BaF informed me that he likes to fall through the ocean bottom if you pull him this side which makes him extremely hard to hit. We will therefore set up around the NE side of the lair. The water is deeper here and Kraken cannot fall through the floor.

The healers will spread out as much as possible and we will have 2 FoPs up at all times hopefully to allow this.

Group 1 + 2
Once we have set up with the healers as spread out as possible around the NE side of the lair I will body Kraken and drag him into open water. All the tanks in group 1 and 2 should then start attacking him. Kraken is not like most epic mobs, he isn't that tough and you will hit him for almost reasonable amounts of damage. He does however have lots of ways of stopping you from attacking. These include grapple, stun, root, nearsight and FZ.

We don't know anything about his resistances although Hansi has indicated that he might be weak to energy so feel free to use Belt of the Sun weapons. We will start with the shield tanks in group 1 taunting while everybody else detaunts however BaF have suggested that this didn't seem to work at all. If it is impossible to control his agro feel free to use other styles although do avoid bleed styles there are sharks about. If you find anything that works well please say in BG.

During the fight he will FZ people away. Unlike the FZ we are used to BaF have told me that this FZ will push people an awful long way away, possibly as much as 10000 units or 5 times healing range. If that person has been ae dotted he is like to be rather low on hit points and out of healing range, he is also like to have picked up some agro. If you are in groups 1 or 2 do not move away from the Kraken lair to help people who have been FZ away that is Group 3's job. If Kraken nearsights a couple of healers and then dots half the group you will need all 4 seers near to the lair to keep the group alive. We do not want groups to wipe.

Group 3
Group 3 has several jobs. Firstly it needs to rez and rebuff. Secondly you may well need to lay extra FoP during the fight. Thirdly you will need to get people who have been FZ away and deal with any adds that may cause.
You should think of the group as 3 pairs:
Zebolt and Crithness will work together and hopefully stay around the lair buffing, laying a FoP if needed and killing any adds.
Merc and Cider will work as a pair and Taobitz and Mazzuca will also work as a pair. Both skalds have AE speed so when you see somebody getting sent miles away run off after them, kill any adds and get them back to the lair as quickly as possible!

End of Raid
Assuming the raid goes well we should kill Kraken within an hour and have a few nice drops.
I was initially vaguely interested in trying Levithan afterwards but seeing as there is a levi raid the next day we better leave that out.
Zebolt will be the BG treasurer and will hopefully be happy to deal with the lotto. I realise that because there might be some extremely rare loot avaliable people don't want to see anything unusal happening. Each piece of loot will be lottoed seperately with a standard /random 100 highest wins. You may only win 1 item in the lotto max. Anybody can roll for any of the drops. If you win you may do anything you like with the drop. Hopefully everybody will be happy with these rules.

Checklist
1)I will open BG up on Cadelin 30 mins before we move out at 19:05 CET.
2)Make sure you bring plenty of breathing pot charges.
3)Try and bind in ToA somewhere that way if we wipe we can easily /release and come back if that happens to be easier than ressing everybody at the sight.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
What a delightful little drawing :D

Outstanding battle plan, looking forward to it :)

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
Reserves
Legohelten :- As you can bring 3 useful chars BUT forgot to add your ML line I can only put you as a reserve. Hopefully you will bind in ToA somewhere and join the BG when its up.

arf!

fair enough, ill be around when u start. :D

healer is pac ml 10 soj and has EoY lvl 10. Zerker ml 10 bane. shammy is bb and ml 0.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Ug ... if some healer dont show up, my stunty healer Grimnor (Pac, FoP) is eager to fix some sushi :cheers:

Tumleratin

Fledgling Freddie
if he proves weak to energy some rc rm's might become useful in future smitings of this beast ?oh arent thane bolts energy based also ? :eek:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Tumleratin said:
if he proves weak to energy some rc rm's might become useful in future smitings of this beast ?oh arent thane bolts energy based also ? :eek:

Well Hansi was going to bring his RC runie until I found out we were rather short on sojourner healers. I was also hoping Ncr might be dark spec for the energy debuff. We will see who turns up. If everybody is there we can swap hansi's healer for his RC runie and put lego in. Zebolt can also try nuking him a bit.

I don't think any thanes signed up :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom