Kraken Raid - Friday 29th July 19:00 CET

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Hi
Alot of people have talked about running a Kraken raid but nobody has actually put anything up on the forums. I haven't lead many raids before but I am am capable of sorting out groups as long as you post your details correctly and getting to Kraken isn't exactly the toughest trip in the world (He is in hesperos if you didn't already know)! When it comes to killing him we will have to play it by ear. I have a list of his various special attacks mostly gathered from other web forums but it isn't clear what makes him do them yet, although what is clear is that he has a hatred of most pets.

What I currently know about Kraken
His location is 36k 56k Oceanus Hesperos. He lives inside a building underwater. You can see he is up from a stream of bubbles coming from the top of his lair. Getting there is very easy by boat. Around the lair swim some blue/yellow con sharks, these shouldn't cause too many problems.

Kraken attacks extremely fast, this is probably not terribly surprising given the number of legs he has. From my repeated suiciding on him he was hitting me for either 400 or 270 against chain armour and seemed to be able to hit me upto 4 times between my swings. (it may turnout that even 6 sec pbt is practically useless against him) The good news is that my warrior was blocking a reasonable number of attacks. I think it will be very important to have shield warriors guarding whoever has agro. I will try and put one kobbie warrior in both groups!

Special attacks: - This information was gathered from other websites so it is likely to be inaccurate in some places

100% Nearsight. This was put in to stop focus pulling however he also likes to use it on healers. I'll put 2 people with sure nearsight in both groups.

Forceful Zephur. Unlike Levithan who uses this on mutliple targets at once Kraken only seems to do it to a single target. This shouldn't cause any major problems as long as nobody is afk/trying to play two accounts and doesn't notice they have been FZ into something unpleasant or in the case of a bot out of end regen range etc....

Ink Cloud. This is another anti pet measure. It seems to confuse pets and in a future patch the pets may even target their owner which will make me smile if any shroomers try it ;). It shouldn't affect us.

AE DoT. Nobody is clear on this but it sounds as nasty as the dragons breath spell. Some people have said it hits for 400 a tick!? Currently I haven't been able to find out what kind of damage it is either which is why we will need all resistances up. I have also added a ML7+ warlord who maybe able to help reduce the affect of the dot. Should we figure out what causes Kraken to use this dot I have a medusa head which we can use to stun him and stop this.

The group setup will be very similar to Bluesky's Dragon raid group setup. There will however be a few minor differences to take into account the different abilities Kraken has compared to the dragon.

GROUP 1 - Agro Holding Tank Group:

Warrior (MOB2+)
Warrior (MOB2+)
Savage or Berserker
Healer (Pac)
Healer (Aug)
Healer (Mend)
Aug Shaman
Suppression RM (6sec PBT)

The 2 WARRIORS will taunt attack the Kraken at all times and will also cross guard each other while staying next to each other.
The Zerks/Savages/Tanks will use detaunts ALL THE TIME and WILL NOT TAUNT.
The PAC Healer will keep a constant pox on all seers in the group, STUN any adds and heal as required.
The AUG Healer will keep the highest level of CELERITY running at all times, HASTE all tanks and heal as required.
The MEND Healer will keep everyone alive.
The AUG Shaman will buff everyone with ALL RESISTS, END REGEN, STR/CON and DEX/QUI to all ppl in group and will make sure as soon as someone is ressed they get rebuffed.
The SUPPRESSION Runemaster will keep PBT running at all times, spam BT on anyone with agro and will help nuking any adds.
There will be at least 2 ML2+ Perfectors, they will also be responsible for curing the 100% nearsight that Kraken casts!

GROUP 2 - Damaging Tank Group:

Savage/Berserker
Savage/Berserker
Savage/Berserker/Tank
Savage/Berserker/Tank
Healer (Pac)
Healer (Aug)
Healer (Mend)
Aug Shaman

The Zerks/Savages/Tanks will use detaunts ALL THE TIME and WILL NOT TAUNT.
The PAC Healer will keep a constant pox on all seers in the group, STUN any adds at the lair and heal as required.
The AUG Healer will keep the highest level of CELERITY running at all times, HASTE all tanks and heal as required.
The MEND Healer will keep everyone alive.
The AUG Shaman will buff everyone with ALL RESISTS, END REGEN, STR/CON and DEX/QUI to all ppl in group and will make sure as soon as someone is ressed they get rebuffed.
There will be at least 2 ML2+ Perfectors, they will also be responsible for curing the 100% nearsight that Kraken casts!

GROUP 3 - Damage Add Group:

Healer (Pac)
Darkness RM
Aug Shaman
+ if necessary a ML7+ Warlord

This is the buffing group, which will hopefully just stand around and watch most of the time.

The PAC Healer will pox all 3 members of the group and res and rebuff any dead ppl and STUN any adds in the lair.
The Darkness Runemaster will keep DAMAGE ADD all tanks on the raid (rebuffing a tank as soon as required/ressed etc), nuke all adds. Also make sure you have made macro's to target the 2 warriors and 5 tanks for rebuffing the damage add.
The AUG Shaman will SPEC BUFF the 3 members of the group and SPEC BUFF ONLY any ressed ppl on the raid. Also spam ae spec buffs
The Warlord will use his cleansing aura when Kraken does his aoe dot. The warlod will also deal with any adds and will have the medusa head to use if something starts going wrong.

I realise this is quite short notice but there are alot of interested people so I hope plenty of people will sign up still. I will post the group setups late on Thursday evening hopefully. Everything dropped will be lottoed for using standard rules. If the raid goes well we may also try Levithan if we can find him swimming around, however this depends on how long it has taken to kill Kraken.

Two final things. With the limited information avaliable about Kraken this raid is designed to work out the best way we can kill him. Once we have done this once it will be easier to work out a regular raid to farm him for drops. Unfortunately unlike the dragon he doesn't drop a whole bunch of respec stones so we won't have that much loot to go around. A mod system maybe used although this can be worked out afterwards and won't apply to this raid.

Secondly I unfortunately occasionally have to go afk in the evenings at extremely short notices. If this happens I will need somebody else to be able to lead and be BG treasurer so if you would like to volunteer for this job please say.

I think that is all, please point out any stupid mistakes I have made. Please remember when signing up to state your ML level AND path, your class, race and realm abilities.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Applying for Darkness RM spot :>

Zebolt - Runemaster
50 Dark | 20 Supp
RR9l2
ML10 - Convoker
Things of use: 10% speed, 9% damage, 10% range, 10% resist pierce, 25 overcapped dex/piety, capped con/hits/resists, passive health/power regen.

[Edit] I don't mind being treasurer if needed.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Good initiative, and don't be nervous about running raids like this. It's brand new so most peole won't have a clue whats going on anyway :D

Signing up with Warrior

Zedelnis: Level 50 - 50 Shield 50 Hammer 28 Parry
Realm Rank 3l3 - Master Level 9 Battlemaster
Current RA's: MoBlock 2 MoParry 2 Purge 2

Fully SC'd and ToA'd etc.

Things to Note: Can respec to MoBlock4 MoParry1 at your command if you require me to.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
can bring either

auge ml10 sojourner shammy 47 aug 26 mend 25%buf/heal bonus 20% duration bonus. sc with capped skills/stats/resists, mcl 1 , serenity 1, wild healing 2, mastery healing2 , ichor 1

Hakan Ml10 rr5 zerker sced etc charge 2, mop 3, aug str 2, purge 1 iirc

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Meh, one hour too early or I would have joined this, looks interesting. Considering the location, doing Kraken+Leviathan in the same hunt could be fun ...

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
sign me up...

Shaarmain Aug Shammy ml10 Perfector

Fully toa'ed rr3l2 25% buff 25% heal 10% cast speed.

can bring along as sticky Croc ring skald for ae dam add.

/gustav

ps. I think belx meant Auge was perfector...but hes a nubbins anyways.

delete

Can't get enough of FH
signing up with

drudkh, fully toad zerker(50/50/28)
rr4l4, ml9
mop3 osv

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
A couple of ppl have asked me to run this raid (yes including you Brite) and i was going to but jsut havent had the time to organise anything yet - also 2 ppl asked me if I couldnt do it could they do it which ofc is great for the realm :)

As im not organising as havent had time to research it but as Cadelin has then I'd like to go too so applying with the following chars:

Bluesky - zerker - only ml3 Banelord (missing few steps and ml xp to be ml7), rr3l4 pve freak - fully toa'd and max overcapped on str/con/400hp and all the usual stuff resists etc. - Purge2, MoPain2, Str2, LW1

Azzarra - shammy - ml10 perfector - rr 4l2 - 47 aug rest cave - fully toa'd - max overcapped dex/pie/400hp - 9% speed, 8% range, capped resists etc. - Purge1, MoFocus3, MCL1, Dex2, MoC1

Other chars if needed (all lev 50 with decent (or excellent) toa suits):

Blueskies - Warrior - mob2 - fully toa'd - fully overcapped str/con/400hp
Azzalara - Healer 45 Pac / rest Aug Stun bot in a nice toa suit,
Azzallara - Healer 50 aug / rest pac Haste bot in a nice toa suit,
Azzarri - Spritmaster rr3l2 (50 dark, 20 summon) fully toa'd - lovely suit,
Azzrul - Spritimaster (50 sup 20 dark)

I woudl prefer to play my zerker but all above chars at your desposal should you need them :)

Whether im picked or not good luck with the raid Cadelin :)

aslird

Fledgling Freddie
signing up with Aslird - warrior

50 hammer 50 shield 28 parry
rr6l8 - mob 3 mop3 det 2
ml10 - fully toaed template

Tumleratin

Fledgling Freddie
can bring any of these :

Lantrolphia : Healer 4L1 (TOA'd) ML5 Perfector
Di1, MoH2, WH1
Mend 40 +25%
(Aug +15%)
Pac 36

Sheilda : Healer 3L8 (TOA'd) ML5 Perfector
Di2, MoH2, WH1, lvl10 EoY
Aug 42 +25%
Mend 30 +25%
Pac 15

Tumleratin : RM 5L1 (TOA'd) ML10 Convoker
AD3, AA3, MoM3, WP2, etc
Dark 50
Sup 20
RC 4

Tumtastic : Shaman 3L2 (TOA'd)
VR1, MoH1, WH1
Aug 47 +25%
Mend 20 +25%
Cave 17

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
yay, this sounds like loads of fun! \o/ pick me, pick me, pick me! i can come with :

signing up with

nataljah, lvl50 mend(40)/pac(36) healer
ML: Sojouner lvl10
RR7L5: DI2, Purge2, Augdex3, pr1, mcl2, Selfrez,
Template: 26powpool, 25dexcap, 24%healing, 10castspeed, EoYlvl10

Nataliah, lvl50 skald (50sword/43BS)
ML: Sojouner lvl9
RR3L6: SoS2, Augstr2, purge 1
Template: 10 dmgbonus, 8meleespeed, 4 stylebonus, capped resists, 23:ish strcap, croc ring lvl10

hangar, lvl50 warrior (50hammer, 50shield)
ML: Battlemaster lvl3
RR2L5: MoB3
Template: SI with minor ToA:ing

miffli, lvl50 aug-shaman
ML: Perfecter lvl7
RR3L1: mcl1, purge1, MoH2, WH2
Template: 25buffbonus, 25healbonus

hatholdir, lvl50 aug-healer (50aug)
ML: Perfecter lvl5
RR2L1: MoH3, WH1, Augdex1, serenity1
Template: 25buffbonus, 25healbonus, 10duration

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like fun :)

signing up with:

Legodoktoren, Healer 44 pac rest mend
Legohelten, Zerker
Legobot, Shammy bb speced. can bring him as along with the 2 above or play active

wp aka missy

Fledgling Freddie
Signing up with

name: Iamscizophrenic
race: kobbie
class: warrior
spec: 50axe 50shield 28parry
RAs: MOB3
ML3

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I knew there was something dumb I had forgotten. The whole encounter is underwater obviously! I'll try and make sure there is at least 1 soujorner in each group and to have plenty of spare pots. Soujoners need to sig up too!

Brite

Banned
Signing up with Brites Aug Shaman

48+14 Aug (Has last matter buff, would be helpfull against the dot i guess :D

24+14 Cave (blue dmg shield on tanks)

6+14 Mending

Has a ToA Template with capped ALL resists 13% power pool, 25% stat buffs, 24% healing, 9% casting speed 9% buff duration

RR4L2 with MoC1 VR2 (group insta heal 900) mcl1 purge1 aug dex 1

ML9 Perfector

Could drag brite along for ABS buff on tanks

i was planning on doing a levi/kraken raid and was checking what raids where on before posting and saw this lol, i was going to do some type of system where people specified what they wanted before the raid so that people just didnt roll on anything, and everyone gets what they need, and they build up a mod for that item, would be nice if you could impliment that into the next raid if you where going to do it, but heres the list of drops i made

#######################
KRAKEN DROPS
#######################

Kraken's Eye

Dexterity: 18 pts
Hits: 44 pts
Acuity: 18 pts

Item Bonuses:
Acuity Attribute Bonus Cap: 6
Dexterity attribute cap: 7
Casting Speed: 3%

Magical Ability:
Function: Imp Stat Buff
Dex/Qui Increase: 75
Target: Self
Duration: 10 min
Cast Time: instant

Utility: 35.00

#######################

Kraken Beak Necklace

Slash Resist: 8%
Thrust Resist: 8%
Body Resist: 8%
Hits: 20 pts

Item Bonuses:
Dexterity attribute cap: 7
Archery Speed: 3%

Magical Ability:
Str/Con Increase: 75

Utility: 53.00

#######################

Kraken Eyelid Cloak

Crush Resist: 8%
Thrust Resist: 8%
Heat Resist: 8%
Acuity: 12 pts

Item Bonuses:
Acuity Attribute Bonus Cap: 4
Power bonus cap: 4

Magical Ability:
Function: Shield
Value: 75

Utility: 56.00

#######################

Black Water Bracer

Slash Resist: 8%
Cold Resist: 8%
Spirit Resist: 8%
Hits: 44 pts
Energy Resist: 8%

Magical Ability:
Dex/Qui Increase: 75

Utility: 75.00

#######################

Black Water Belt

Strength: 24 pts
Constitution: 21 pts
Dexterity: 21 pts

Item Bonuses:
Strength attribute cap: 5
Dexterity attribute cap: 5

Magical Ability:
Str/Con Increase: 75

Utility: 44.00

#######################

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
Signing up with Savage..
50 h2h.. rr4 .. erm.. not much else to the gimp really. :)

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
We did Kraken this evening as a guild event in BaF.

It seemed as even though he might have not done FZ on more than a single target at the time, many could be flying simultaniously.

He does AE-dot and it ticks for over 400. Furthermore he roots, stuns and grapples, the two former were pretty hard for the healers with the nearsight also included and the latter rather annoying for tanks.

Wise is to have FoPs in a half circle around him on different hights from sea bottom, depending on how he moves - try not to get too far away from the lair. Problem is also FZ:ed ppl who dies in aggro places all over the map.

We only had two healers and a shammy in each group in BaF and did him with 2fgs and an extra half group. Three healers per group might have made it easier.

He dropped belt, cloak and necklace. Don't know what droprate he has, but those drops were pretty neat.

ghaos smaug

Fledgling Freddie
hi m8,

like to join with
gusty RR3+ pacc healer ml10 perf (EoY) or
groul RR3+ supp rm 6sec bt ml6 stormlord (Croc ring) or
gush RR3+ aug shammy ml5 perf or
ghaos RR3+ schield warrior ml5 battlemaster mob2 det3 etc

/salute
/Ghaos

Mazzuca

Fledgling Freddie
Kraken

Hi Cadelin:)

would like 2 attend with warrior ml10 rr 2/7 mob2 purge1 mop 1 f.a.1 shield 50 warlord.

or healer ml10 rr 2/4 pac38 mend 33 aug 19 m/c 1 mcl 1 perfector

Mazzuca.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Kraken

Would like to join in with MerC - ML10 Skald Sojourner (also with SoS and Anger of the Gods) or Morsmordre (ML10 full Aug Shammy Perfecter with several buff enhancements).

...stings like a butterfly, floats like a bee....

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I'm show up with Aija then. 44pac/31mend.

Please put me in Zebolts group =( =(

johny

Banned
Could join with hansi rr7 RC runemaster, we spoke about him This tuesday, and how it would work

Or could join with saaug rr7+ BL Zerk all capped 25 str con etc.

or pac healer rr4+

or aug shammy rr4+

Erkezes

Fledgling Freddie
Erkezes

Warlock RR4
Sounds like fun pencil me in - for powerless spread and pbaoe

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
would like to join with:

Crithness - Shamy

47 Aug
26 Mend

VR2
Ichor
Purge
MCL

ML8 Perfector

Nefi

Fledgling Freddie
Signing up

I would like to attend

Can bring my healer Nefi ml10 perfector, RR5l5, 40 mend/ 36 aug, has EoY lvl 10 if needed or my warrior Nema ml2 with MoB3, MoP1

/Nefi
Talon's reach

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
Sign me up with one of these toons:
===========================
MagnarTBL - Runemaster Suppression (6sec pbt)
Armour - Healer Aug44 mend31 and ML6 Perfecter (fop, cure nearsight) and EoY lvl10, RR5 self-resurrect
Nerds - Warrior with 50shielding and MoB3 (capped dex) - Warlord ML3
Spellcrafters - Shaman Aug48, rest mending - Tho, only ML3 Perfecter (healfield)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Ncr said:
nerf SM's not invited... :(

Last night I spoke to a few people in BaF before my connection got cut of due to a thunderstorm....

They had a few suggestions as to possible different group setups and different/interesting tactics. I will keep the group setup to 3fg max but that means there is room for a few extra people to try new things. It seems that it maybe possible to use casters as damage dealers/debuffers but I still need to look into it. Feel free to sign up and remember your ML line.

Cider

Fledgling Freddie
signing up with aug shammy or pac/mend healer both with fop.

\Cider

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom