Kodi issue

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone know owt about Kodi? I have it on an android box under the telly, with all the media held on a Synology NAS. Its worked just fine for a couple of years, but yesterday I had a new router installed and now for some reason Kodi is getting stuck when it tries to access TVDB for media updates. I can see the files on the NAS, but can't get past the update message and can't seem to find a way to stop it trying to update. Both the NAS and the Android box are connected over ethernet and there doesn't seem to be any setting in the router that might be causing an issue (I can see the files on the NAS from my PC just fine).

Kodi forums are fucking useless so I wondered if anyone else on here had had this kind of issue.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A DNS snafu would be my first guess. Or (assuming Kodi doesn't work over port 80) maybe you need to forward a port to the android box for it to be able to connect to the internet.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

A DNS snafu would be my first guess. Or (assuming Kodi doesn't work over port 80) maybe you need to forward a port to the android box for it to be able to connect to the internet.

The Android box is connecting to the internet - I fired up a browser on it to check. I have heard some ISPs have weird shit (technical term) that stops certain packet types by default (I think Sky do it), but I logged on to take a peak and can't see anything.

Same isp?

Yep. Virgin. In every other respect the router is great; wifi is better and we're actually getting the 240mb I pay for for the first time. I'd actually do a clean install of the Android box but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do that either.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can you open the TVDB website from the browser on the Android machine?

DaGaffer

Can you open the TVDB website from the browser on the Android machine?

Well fuck. Coincidence...

tvdb.com said:
Welcome

tvdb.com
Since 1988

Hi Everybody:

After many years of continuous service, we have taken our website off-line for a while, to perform some much needed maintenance and improvements, and to expand our database and related services.

We will be back on-line soon.

Please note that our domain name is not for sale.

Thank you for stopping by!

Good Day!
The Staff at tvdb.com

Web Admin:
BackOnlineSoon [At] CyberRep.com

Guess I need to change scrapers. Weird that this isn't all over the Kodi forums.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I actually had the exact same thing with the exact same website last year in a media-organising/renaming app called Filebot. I went on the the forum reporting the "bug" and yeah, the site was down. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom