Knockbacks...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Am i the only one thinking that the distance of knockback is WAY to far?

now i realize that squishys need SOME defense from melee's (as if detaunt + whatever shield they have isnt enough) but getting KB's for 20 - 30 yards and more often then not, over a cliff/keepwall is more annoying then fun after the 100:th time in one fight.

but its when i have to run for 5 - 10 minutes just to get back into the action where its griefing me to death. its just about berable on flat ground because then atleast i'm still in the fight.

chain mezzing/stunning doesent seem so bad anymore :/

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yes, I got knocked off the Lighthouse area into the sea and had to swim right around to the beach landing zone, took ages.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Just wait till a certain Teir 3 scenario that involves lava and Ironbreaker's with their 2 mile long knockback.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I do not find any problem with it, although I am an irnobreaker :)

At the end of the day every char has an ability which gives them an advantage over another class.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Huge knockback range is the most retarded thing in the game.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, getting into Tor Anroc is a nightmare against knockback. As a WH I dread it cos lava kills me in seconds (and my snare immunity doesnt work in it). Nothing worse than Sorc rooting and tanks stroll round KBing you into the lava...

Still, its not gamebreaking really, and both teams have KBs so guess it evens out.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
as an engineer my knock back is one of my few abilities that prevent me from dying, i dont think its far enough. And as for launching folks off the sides of things its called tactics by launching you off the edge of things you are then taken out the fight until you can run back.

give more knockbacks.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I like it, especially that you don't take falling damage if you're knocked off something high. I was playing Stone Troll Crossing last night, was first to the top of the hill and got the flag, but then had destro players coming up both ramps. Not sure where the other order players were but meh. I thought I was going to be rather dead but someone kindly knocked be back off the hill towards one of the troll points, so off i ran and got the team some points. Some destro tried to jump down after me and died, and the others had to run backwards to get down safely. Very nice :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
as an engineer my knock back is one of my few abilities that prevent me from dying, i dont think its far enough. And as for launching folks off the sides of things its called tactics by launching you off the edge of things you are then taken out the fight until you can run back.

give more knockbacks.

Ooo we saw you defending last night Arwakle... I'm the suicidal stabby bitch, Genia :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I like it, especially that you don't take falling damage if you're knocked off something high.

yes you do, you most certainly do. i've fallen to my death from a KB so many times now i stopped counting. we probably SHOULDN'T take falling damage from it but i sure as hell am.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Still, its not gamebreaking really, and both teams have KBs so guess it evens out.

actually it is in a sense because more and more ppl give up rvr'ing for the night because of those knockbacks. it ISNT fun to run for 10 minutes just to get back to where the fights are. then ppl just go back to pve'ing insted.

Stafford

Fledgling Freddie
So KB encourages non retarded positioning. Watch what you got your back too. Id still rather get knocked back than sit and stare into space for 3 minutes.

Osh

Fledgling Freddie
can i swap my fire cage for a knockback ? ...... please ? :twak: infact a knockdown will do tbh :m00:.

would be nice to have a CC that isnt removed the sec you put it on a melee dps once they get into t3 and get the anti root skill, fix root but atm its like fear was in wow at release v under char and WOTF ... useless. :ninja:

i like knockback, tbh i like it alot but you cant give some1 the skill to send some1 flying and then put the same ppl on a cliff/dam ect and hope it will be all dandy

Toel

Loyal Freddie
yes you do, you most certainly do. i've fallen to my death from a KB so many times now i stopped counting. we probably SHOULDN'T take falling damage from it but i sure as hell am.

...Teach me the ways...

..No really, how? As I've not taken damage from a knockback ever.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie

Maybe you do, but I never have. A little bit of damage because most knockbacks seem to also have a little damage on them, but never fallen to death from it, ever. It you're knocked-back, hit something on your way down, and continue falling, then you do take damage from the place where you hit to the bottom though, I've found.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Its not the squishies who have the knockbacks..its the mediums. Sorc & BW dont have anything til pretty much after everyone else.

rynnor

Rockhound
So KB encourages non retarded positioning. Watch what you got your back too. Id still rather get knocked back than sit and stare into space for 3 minutes.

Huh? Have you seen some of the scenario layouts - its not possible to remain away from some serious drops if you want to get near the objectives??

Getting knocked so far away it takes ages to get back in combat is a real fun-killer - for that reason alone it should be changed.

Secondly its a form of cc that also can cause colossal damage - it is so silly I am certain it will get reworked pretty soon tbh!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
You only take damage if you hit something while getting knocked back, such as a wall or mountain.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
...Teach me the ways...

..No really, how? As I've not taken damage from a knockback ever.

if only i knew :( i'm not sure if its me thats bugged or if whoever is knocking me back is exploiting something buy dying i do when i land.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Its not the squishies who have the knockbacks..its the mediums. Sorc & BW dont have anything til pretty much after everyone else.

they get roots tho. atleast one stunty class got a long ass root pretty damn early on.

that atleast to me seems to be enough of a CC.

besides, i havent fought a squishy yet that havent had detaunt and some form of shield that decreases damage taken yet.

i mean, you try to kill a BW as a DPS that have detaunted you and is using his -30% damage taken shield.... thats -80% damage for me...

and even if healers only have detaunt it makes killing them pretty damn impossible unless you have the detaunt immunity tactic. not sure if only BO's get that tho or if all melee classes do.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
A root isnt punting you into lava that ticks for 700 a second though is it...

Blondinen

Fledgling Freddie
So you want an ability nerfed because of 1 scenario where it is imba? Lol...

Insta AoE root that cant be broken > Knockback every day of the week.

rynnor

Rockhound
You only take damage if you hit something while getting knocked back, such as a wall or mountain.

I'm fairly sure thats a bug actually - one for Mythics list as I'm sure they never intended knockbacks to kill people.

Blondinen

Fledgling Freddie
So you want an ability nerfed because of 1 scenario where it is imba? Lol...

Insta AoE root that cant be broken > Knockback every day of the week.

And on that note. What the fuck is up with such a powerful spell not having a cast timer.

rynnor

Rockhound
And on that note. What the fuck is up with such a powerful spell not having a cast timer.

I think thats because the root was designed as a defensive ability to let the BW flee but its been poorly implemented in that theres no immunity and it doesnt break properly which has turned it ino an offensive spell.

I cant frankly see it staying as is for long once they get time for less serious bug fixes.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
I love nothing more than sending people off high points with my knockback ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom