Kindof interrested in making daoc movies...

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
What do I need to know:
I'm currently running daoc in windowmode 1280x1024, will that resolution scale down well when I capture so that you can see whatever is going on still in the captured footage ?

What resolution is "the best" to capture at, and is fullscreeen mode required ?

How much diskspace will I need to capture "alot" of footage ?

How much of a performance hit will I "feel" when playing with fraps/frapslike app, I realize it depends on puterspecs but on a lets say relatively highend machine ?

What capture applications are there apart from fraps ?

Suppose that's it for now...I'll be back with more questions mayhaps.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
If you use fraps for recording, a resolution of 1024x768 provides 1mb per second of play time, higher resolution means larger size.

After recording, you can take programs as VirtualDub or windows movie maker to decrease the size and resolution of your movie.

For final resolution, i wouldn't go higher then 800x600 (which is large already), 640x480 maybe better.

Diskspace, to keep atleast the 800mb fileswapping space free, you will need atleast 2gig before starting.

And for the performance, it will take quite a few memory. But here i can dual log and run fraps and have 15fps. Got a decent pc for few money. Anyway, it
s depending on your memory and CPU. 2GB mem will perform better then 1GB, and and AMD X2 will outperform an AMD 64 or Sempron (!! ^^), same for a HT p4 CPU, will do better then AMD single cores too, also for those p4 chips without HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom