Advice Keyboard / Gaming Keyboard

Himse

FH is my second home
Anyone have any recommendations to a good gaming keyboard?

Would ideally like to have some extra buttons perhaps, looked at the logitech stuff but no idea what i'm looking at! Haven't used anything since the Logitech G15.

Prefer to stay away from Razer, far too expensive for a keyboard!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Do you want rubberdome, or mechanical?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Amazon have another Logitech G Series on sale ATM http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-92...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1322427276&sr=1-2

I use an earlier version of this with no black lit function. I like the extra buttons on it and like that you can download and set game profiles so you change the key displayed on the keyboard, so if jump is a not space rather than remap it in the game you switch profiles and the jump button on the keyboard maps to a.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Logitech are great. still loving my G15.

You are right to avoid Razer, their build quality has dropped through the floor.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
While generally I like logitech ( speakers, webcam, wheel, etc ) I would rather type on acid than use a rubberdome keyboard again.

Once you go mechanical you can't go back :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'm using a microsoft sidewinder x4; its perfect tbh. The action is perfect. Mechanical switches you're looking at £100+ aren't you? Seems pointless to me. Mine was £40 but sure you can get a lot cheaper now.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You can get some decent mechanicals for 50-70 ish.

Gray

FH is my second home
I got a Razer Marauder few days ago while the sales where on, i specifically wanted a smaller keyboard which was also backlit. This ticked those boxes, has plenty of other functions.

Have to say, while it looks awesome, i have absolutely no frigging idea where some keys are now. In their effort to make the keyboard more compact, they have intergrated several different function keys to other keys, for instance, the delete key is now tied with the NUMPAD#7 etc.

While in theory this sounds aces, in practice it is anything but. To use the numpad (Which i am used to using with numbers) i have to activate the NUMPAD. To access the extra function keys i have to disable it, every. single. time.

Looks awesome in the dark though (yay).

Himse

FH is my second home
I got a Logitech G110 in the end, decided to stick with Logitech.

I have a razer mouse, and it's ok, but tbh it feels kinda crappy (plastic and cheap) for a £60 mouse I was kinda dissapointed, it still performs really well and has all the tools I need, but as mentioned the build quality is a bit average :(

It's all back lit so I am keeping my blue lit theme running throughout, a little added bonus!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. It's fine for typing and I don't game enough to worry about a "proper" gaming keyboard. It has a nice, classy clear plastic surround and it, too, looks nice in teh dark.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have the v2 g15 which is great. The razor death adder does have poor build quality and the bit where your thumb goes is too smooth and shiny. Need a bobbled texture like the logitech mice.

Tempted to get the logitech? Naga mouse with the extra buttons on the side, and maybe a nostromos n52

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Baby jesus wept for all of you poor poor children.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
G110 is nice, it's what i have now, and it's a decent keyboard. Integrated audio board comes in handy, as now I have my speakers plugged in the keyboard, and headphones in the soundcard. No more fiddling behind the computer, just unplug it from the keyboard directly, and i can use the headphones.

Himse

FH is my second home
Someone explain to me the difference with these 'mechanical keyboards'?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They used mechanical switches to actuate the keypress, so depending on which switch type you get you can really feel exactly when the key actuates and you dont need to mash the keyboard like a tard to type.

They feel delicious to type on, after using mine I was like hmm no big deal really, oh well.
Then i tried going back to a normal keyboard and was like WTFISTHISAIDS.

It's like having a 4 door estate vs a sports car, or that fat ugly girl down the street vs emma watson.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
They used mechanical switches to actuate the keypress, so depending on which switch type you get you can really feel exactly when the key actuates and you dont need to mash the keyboard like a tard to type.

They feel delicious to type on, after using mine I was like hmm no big deal really, oh well.

It's like having a 4 door estate vs a sports car, or that fat ugly girl down the street vs emma watson.
Hipster-Fatty.jpg

emma+watson2.jpg

Himse

FH is my second home

Sounds interesting, I type pretty quiet anyway after years of being up late and trying not to keep people awake!

Well it's ordered now, oh well! I can always upgrade again if it's that much better.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Other supposed benefit is it can detect multiple keystrokes at the same time? It's not like modern day keyboards are like those 1980 musical Casio keyboards where you could only play one or two notes at a time

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Other supposed benefit is it can detect multiple keystrokes at the same time? It's not like modern day keyboards are like those 1980 musical Casio keyboards where you could only play one or two notes at a time

Actually... hold both shift buttons and type the following:

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Post what you get :)

My sexy mechanical board:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ah it fails on most letters. Weird how games like counter strike can understand those key presses?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bought the razer naga £50 from Amazon. Buttons galore!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Actually... hold both shift buttons and type the following:

Post what you get :)

My sexy mechanical board:

THEQCKBRWFXJCVERTHELAZYG

The fuck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom