Keeping an old number

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've no experience in keeping old numbers and PAC codes and such.

I shall (probably) be leaving my employer very shortly. They say they have a process for transferring the number.

I have a personal mobile from Virgin that I use to ring the Mrs but it's only 100 mins and no internet. They'd gouge me badly if I tried to increase it. I'm thinking of getting a new phone on PAYG this month (before leaving). Can I use the number I'm given until I leave and then transfer my old number somehow onto it ?

I don't understand this shit sorry :(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, phone up Vermin and ask for a PAC code. They'll issue you one by text within 2 hours, assuming you aren't locked into a contract.

Then you phone up whoever you got the PAYG from (not Vermin, you can't transfer within a provider) and ask them to apply the PAC.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes, phone up Vermin and ask for a PAC code. They'll issue you one by text within 2 hours, assuming you aren't locked into a contract.

Then you phone up whoever you got the PAYG from (not Vermin, you can't transfer within a provider) and ask them to apply the PAC.

Vermin ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Vermin, Virgin. Potatoe, potato...

No no. I don't want the Virgin number noone uses that. Forget the Virgin number entirely :) I want my work number.

If they get me the PAC code I can transfer it onto a PAYG sim at any time ?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Yes. I'd wait until the day you leave though. The process is supposed to take 24 hours from today.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What inactionman said. If you're worried about burning bridges you might want to speak to them before you do it though because I'd imagine that work number on work contract = strictly speaking their phone number.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No no. I don't want the Virgin number noone uses that. Forget the Virgin number entirely :) I want my work number.

If they get me the PAC code I can transfer it onto a PAYG sim at any time ?

Your PAC code is valid for 30 days from issue, it will take around 2 working days for them to process it once you give it to your new network, and then a couple of hours of transition to go live.

Get your work to get the ball rolling once you are sure you are leaving.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Personally speaking I use giffgaff (Owned by O2 and run by O2) - £10 goodybag (which lasts 30 days and there are other options depending on your usage) gives you 250mins, and 'Unlimited' SMS & internet.

You also get free calling to 0800/giffgaff numbers for 90 days from each goodybag purchase. Ported my number across to them recently (You do need to active the SIM before you can use the PAC code) with no issues at all and for the money no one else can really match it :)

Blatant Referral Link - order a free sim and you'll also get £5 free when you active :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom