Keep better track of your images.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure everyone does it differently, suited to the volume and type of photos we take, but managing a digital photo collection can be a real chore.

Personally I've got about 6,500 shots from my old 707, almost 1,000 from my U-20 and another 1,400 from my 300D, which makes the simplest way to file them just in folders of 100, in numerical order, as they come off the microdrive/memorystick.

I'd of course much prefer to store them by project/product/location or whatever, but it would take a couple of days almost solidly to go back through them, and that's only if I can remember where half were taken.

While googling for the EXIF shell extension Ch3tan was after in another thread I discovered an IPTC shell extension app, which might begin to help me record a little more about each of my photos and identify them in the mass of filing on my fileserver... Called IPTCExt it adds IPTC info into the shell and these captions then appear in view->details along with size, type etc.

http://photothumb.com/IPTCExt/index.shtml

iptcext_details.gif

It's not exactly revolutionary but I thought it might help me, and therefore be worth a quick post :)

Xav

Sar

Part of the furniture
Helpful for all that pr0n tbh.

;)

Although ACDSee 5 does me well.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sar said:

;)

That is indeed one of the best pieces of software I have ever got my grubby paws on!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
/me has a looksee.

I have over 1500 from my trip alone. Its going to be a headache! What really annoys me is that I didnt always keep track of time zone changes and have the wrong date/time on large quantities of images and don't remember which ones!

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:

;)

Ah, I see you are settling into married life quite comfortablly then. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom