Just out of interest, daoc'ers

C

cjc1664

Originally posted by mung
Still not much of an ultimate goal.

Would like to see more benefits from actually defending/owning different base types. Kinda like "realm relics" in DAOC.

Umm ... have you read the manual? Page 13 lists the advantages of owning each type of facility.

O

old.Tbird

My key reason for switching is it's the first decent MMO game of any sort that been released in ages! Also alternating between SWG beta and PS makes for a more varied nights gaming.

O

Old_Bean

Originally posted by cjc1664
Umm ... have you read the manual? Page 13 lists the advantages of owning each type of facility.

Of course I've read the manual.

I actually said I'd like to see MORE benefits, not some benefits.
I was well aware of the benefits of owning them, but IMO it's not enough to warrant defending them, as you can see from the very nature of the game, nobody really bothers.

It seems that EXP is everything, and the best way to get it? Why it's to cap and recap a base or course, so no one bothers to defend.

A system whereby the benefits outweigh the loss of a base would be welcome, and even rewarding defenders with EXP would be nice too.

P

[PS]Nova

Agree. At the moment, there's no real reason to defend, bar resecure exp.

R

Repent Reloaded

I moved coz mythic raped every Lv.35+ char I've ever had, its old, its boring, nothing new comes for another 4+ months WoW and SWG arent far away, PS is just a game to help kill the wait.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Erm u trying to convince ppl to play with u? DAOC'ers the cream of the online crop

:D

DAoC beta players at least ;)

B

BrassMonkey

Its also nice so that if that pervebial(sp?) steam runs out then you can simply respec a couple of things over a couple of days and voila... from sniper to reaver pilot/engineer and a whole new playing experience to boot.

O

old.ViscountCharles

For those that remember us from Mid/Pryd, a fair number of The Dentists have moved over to PS (Vanu/Werner). Some have changed their handles (me, for example), others are using the same name (Durden).

Same reasons as above - takes less time, DAoC had run its course for us, level playing field, easier grouping, less frustrating and XP is pretty unimportant.

Oh, and the fact that the UKDentists were always about online tactical shooters and Camelot was just a strange spin-off for us.

If anyone needs an outfit, message Fnarr, Silentkill or ViscountC for an invite; we promise NEVER to say "Don't spam AC - make a CG!"

:D

O

Old_Bean

Yeah but don't you wish they'd change the colour of the outfit spam and the squad spam so you can tell whats important and whats not?
Both green at the moment, squad should be red IMO.

P

[PS]Nova

Agree totally.

But if they haven't done it by now, I doubt they will :(

O

Old_Bean

Hey, it would only take the office monkey two seconds to knock that cosmetic change out.

Maybe one day it'll happen. I mean, look at DAOC, 12 patches down the line and still it's fubar.

B

Biermann

PS is pure tactical action. Love every second of it.
DAoC is boring atm, but ill prolly play it again later :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by mung
Hey, it would only take the office monkey two seconds to knock that cosmetic change out.

Maybe one day it'll happen. I mean, look at DAOC, 12 patches down the line and still it's fubar.

true, true, we can but hope.

At least they've sorted exp to some extent.

Although that exp exploit with VR training is STILL there, and we've seen (and noted) names of some people using it, which have been reported.

F

Faeldawn

Just to update this a little, i have recently seen LOTS and LOTS of DAoC players on Werner.

Seems PS has become a good place for daocers to releive some of that stress.

Killin Tankster a few times was kinda fun too :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Just to update this a little, i have recently seen LOTS and LOTS of DAoC players on Werner.

Seems PS has become a good place for daocers to releive some of that stress.

Killin Tankster a few times was kinda fun too :)

Yeah practically our entire outfit is ex-daoc, which makes it easier for comments such as "FFS REZ PLS!" :p

C

Chenuba

Joined [VS] on Werner Thursday night and see a lot of players with DAoC names in there.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Chenuba
Joined [VS] on Werner Thursday night and see a lot of players with DAoC names in there.

Yeah, its kinda surreal to play daoc, get killed by some guy, then go play Planetside and get killed by the same fella :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Chenuba

If you want a big ex-daoc outfit, talk to Sovereign Guard here or in-game :p

R

Release

I kinda found out about the game through a mate I play C&C Generals with.
Looked it up on google and it looked like fun so I brought it. I still play DAoC quite abit, but I need games to switch between, because I get bored quite easily :D
Any peeps I know of DAoC give us a /tell ingame, name in siggy.

R

Release

I was thinking of defecting, though TR has lowest pop atm according to the in-game info..

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Release
I was thinking of defecting, though TR has lowest pop atm according to the in-game info..

If you defect to VS and want an outfit you know where to go :)

(PS I do mean talk to us, not go elsewhere before some muppet deliberately misinterprets that!)

O

Old_Bean

Originally posted by Release

Which is exactly why it's getting low.

Just as soon as someone saw it was lower, they bottled out of it.
So did the next, and the next.

Eventually it'll just be Billy-no-mates (or billy-no-skill) in TR.

P

[PS]Nova

Bear in mind the "looking for" bit on the in-game thing and the exp/hp rewards/penalties is done on game hours played by that empire in the last week.

So TR could have 50,000 people who play 1 hour a week whereas VS have 25,000 who play 3 hours a week..

or whatever.. you get the picture.

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah, picture arrived ok.
Why are you wearing that red bikini and clutching a banana between your thighs?

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
Yeah, picture arrived ok.
Why are you wearing that red bikini and clutching a banana between your thighs?

:ROFLMAO: you don't want to go saying things like that, Venom will get mad.

With Optimus Prime. And you really don't want to be squished by a large APC at max speed. Really you don't.

Or he'll start posting pictures of his sharp implements (he collects swords) like he did last time :p

Users who are viewing this thread