just had...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I won't be losing any sleep over it!

Edit - perhaps a little harsh, i'm not that kind of guy. However you just basically said you'd find it funny if it was directed at someone else, so it's pretty true.

Actually saying that i'd normally find it funny against me. But at this point, with this discussion behind, with all said...not so much. Came out as a cheapshot.

But, like said:

Putting some tape, using medical gloves, whatnot when practising doesn't hurt and keeps your fingers in better shape for longer. And as we could take from Aoamis posts, keeps the distortion away in live playing too.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't you got more productive uses of a thursday morning? ;d

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
nope, im at work and i have nothing to do. i could go to the toilet and wank but i nearly got caught the other day so i need to rebuild the confidence.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Here's a few tips for you young Sparx

1) Learn your scales, particularly the pentatonic minor. Once you know this up the ass in all positions you will be able to improvise like a beast and come up with your own solos.

2) Jam as much as possible with other musicians. I play mainly blues but i go out of my way to play with jazz guitarists as it really keeps me on my game, nothing improves your musicianship more than playing with others.

3) Use a decent string gauge. I personally use .13s although this is a little excessive (i just like the sustain i get from the bends). I would reccoment 11s, might hurt at first but it will pay off in the long run.

Will post a few more later on when i finish revising.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
This from a guy on vacation from school? :p

I'm a teenager - it's my job to waste mornings doing fuck all but listening to music and playing computer games.

If we didn't - we'd take all your jobs! ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I'm a teenager - it's my job to waste mornings doing fuck all but listening to music and playing computer games.

think of the children!!!

wait.... thats wrong :eek7:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Oh i'll be quoting that in some threads!

Especially when you go on a "i'm a proper adult and can make decicion types!" rant :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
on topic.
i cant see how developing Calluses on your fingers can cause permanent damage though tbh toh
Any chance of a link to read up more on it?

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
on topic.
i cant see how developing Calluses on your fingers can cause permanent damage though tbh toh
Any chance of a link to read up more on it?

Well i can quite confidently say the fingers on my left hand are fuxed. They have absolutely no feeling and have extra thick skin. I view this as a good thing however, they used to absolutely kill when i went for the big Albert King style bends. :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Oh i'll be quoting that in some threads!

Especially when you go on a "i'm a proper adult and can make decicion types!" rant :p

I wouldn't class myself as an adult just yet - the responsibilities aren't all there.

I just object to the devaluing of opinion due to a younger age - when often I know just as much about something as the next random Joe or Billy ^^.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
I just object to the devaluing of opinion due to a younger age - when often I know just as much about something as the next random Joe or Billy ^^.

Yea that pisses me off too. It comes down to some people valuing life experience over everything, when in alot of subjects just being well read is as or more useful.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

And yet you dismiss many of my points o a simple "you just argue to argue" point, which isnt based on anything else but hearsay ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom