just had...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
All your doing is hardening the skin at the tips. Same way a chefs hands harden or a builder

Its not damaging the nerves just the skin getting tougher

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
BLARHAGHARHGAHGAHTHRAHRGHAHGHA

How is not possible to affect the sound? Explain to me, i'm genuinely interested to hear this.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
All your doing is hardening the skin at the tips. Same way a chefs hands harden or a builder

Its not damaging the nerves just the skin getting tougher

QFT. Having also been a chef for 2 years, i can qualify this statement.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
BLARHAGHARHGAHGAHTHRAHRGHAHGHA

How is not possible to affect the sound? Explain to me, i'm genuinely interested to hear this.

Just as a point:

Piece of tape on your fingertip.
Piece of stonehard skin on your fingertip.

Which effects sound more? Exactly.

Small buffers between your fingers and the metalwire doesn't hurt.

Like a medical glove, doesn't harm the sound at all. Unless you're listening to music at one quarter of a milliamp of a difference in mind.

Sparx, workers and chefs use protective gear these days too just because they don't want to loose the feel.

HArdened skin can(LEARN TO READ THE WORD CAN!!!) for example; block against micro blood channels(whatever they are called) and cause numbness etc.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Just a sa point:

Small buffers between your fingers and the metalwire doesn't hurt.

Like a medical glove, doesn't harm the sound at all. Unless you're listening to music at one quarter of a milliamp of a difference in mind.

Sparx, workers and chefs use protective gear these days too just because they don't want to loose the feel.

HArdened skin can(LEARN TO READ THE WORD CAN!!!) block against micro blood channels(whatever they are called) and cause numbness etc.

Sorry to say mate no they dont.
I'm friends with 4 Chefs and none of them wear gloves.
My dad is a joiner and best mate is a builder oh and other good mate a plumber, none wear gloves

Not saying your wrong about the whole it can cause problems. I just dont think it will cause armageddon like your explaining.

All thats happening is the skin is hardening. I've had it before when i was in the army and my feet went through the whole hardening thing. They are perfectly fine now

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Chefs use protective gear these days too just because they don't want to loose the feel.

No they don't.

So every guitar player in a band who has stone hard fingertips because they don't use protective tape are doing it wrong. Alright, are you going to tell them or shall I do it?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Sorry to say mate no they dont.
I'm friends with 4 Chefs and none of them wear gloves.
My dad is a joiner and best mate is a builder oh and other good mate a plumber, none wear gloves

Not saying your wrong about the whole it can cause problems. I just dont think it will cause armageddon like your explaining.

All thats happening is the skin is hardening. I've had it before when i was in the army and my feet went through the whole hardening thing. They are perfectly fine now

Yeah i know loads of people in construction and they don't wear fuck protective all except a hard hat. You would get laughed at if you had anything else on.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Not saying it will cause armageddon, just syaing protection in practise doesn't HURT.

No they don't.

So every guitar player in a band who has stone hard fingertips because they don't use protective tape are doing it wrong. Alright, are you going to tell them or shall I do it?

Some do, some, some some some. Repeating so you get it.

The other thing was't the point. The point was, hard skin, piece of tape, distorts the sound at all? Like you said, no it doesn't.

As in, i'm f*cking right.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I didn't say it (hard fingertips) doesn't distort the sound, stop making things up. Also, you didn't say 'some' chefs/builders. Stop changing your argument to make yourself look right.

You remind of a guiy i used to work with. He had an opinion about everything. He was in hsi late 30's he worked in a crap job, i was on the same pay as him and had the same level of responsibility at 18. He always thought he was right, would never back down from an argument. It had got in him nowhere and he was middle-aged. he had no friends at work, and very few outside of work.

I'm 20 years old, i'm starting to grow out of the 'I know everything about everything and i'm always right' phase, and perhaps you should too.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
1: I didn't say it (hard fingertips) doesn't distort the sound, stop making things up. Also, you didn't say 'some' chefs/builders. Stop changing your argument to make yourself look right.

2: You remind of a guiy i used to work with. He had an opinion about everything. He was in hsi late 30's he worked in a crap job, i was on the same pay as him and had the same level of responsibility at 18. He always thought he was right, would never back down from an argument. It had got in him nowhere and he was middle-aged. he had no friends at work, and very few outside of work.

3: I'm 20 years old, i'm starting to grow out of the 'I know everything about everything and i'm always right' phase, and perhaps you should too.

1: Which is exactly my point. So how would tape, which is less, harm the sound now? Also, i didn't say "all" either. I'm not changing anything.

2: Irrelevant to the max. I back down, i say i'm wrong, just not because you poull out a "i knew a guy" experience out your a**.

3: I'm 28, i know i'm not right all the time, knew it a long time, but i also KNOW that personal experience counts. You seem to think that only the things that happened to you count in an opinion. As in;

I say i got damage from playing the bass, it counts nothing in your world.

I say Chefs use protective gear(as i know they do) and you simply say "no they don't 'cause my mates don't!"

Get it?

I'm not the one with the problem here, you are, as you can't take an advice as what it is. Advice. But HAVE TO make it into some bigger thing. Not to mention, just shows how immature you are when you first call me a twat etc and then insuniate that i'm alone and grumpy and have no friends.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
For the troll: Actually it was a misunderstanding, but ofcourse that's something you can't understand.

It's blatantly an arguement tbh! :D

And yes i'm a fuckin troll. I have no exams for 10 days - I get one day off surely? ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's blatantly an arguement tbh! :D

And yes i'm a fuckin troll. I have no exams for 10 days - I get one day off surely? ;)

Yeah, starting to see why the arguments start though.

People don't seem to realise that something can be just an opinion/advice and not the next big attack on their genitals...

Though i have to say that it is so ironic that i could say to Aoami that "I played the bass before you were born" :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
1: Which is exactly my point. So how would tape, which is less, harm the sound now? Also, i didn't say "all" either. I'm not changing anything.

2: Irrelevant to the max. I back down, i say i'm wrong, just not because you poull out a "i knew a guy" experience out your a**.

3: I'm 28, i know i'm not right all the time, knew it a long time, but i also KNOW that personal experience counts. You seem to think that only the things that happened to you count in an opinion. As in;

I say i got damage from playing the bass, it counts nothing in your world.

I say Chefs use protective gear(as i know they do) and you simply say "no they don't 'cause my mates don't!"

Get it?

I'm not the one with the problem here, you are, as you can't take an advice as what it is. Advice. But HAVE TO make it into some bigger thing. Not to mention, just shows how immature you are when you first call me a twat etc and then insuniate that i'm alone and grumpy and have no friends.

I'd like to know what this 'damage' you did was?

Tape does distort the sound, hard fingertips don't. Why? because guitarists have hard fingertips, thus this 'distorted' sound is just the normal sound, because it's the same for everyone.

I know a lot of chefs as i used to be one, and none of us used protective gear, and none in any of the other kitchens i occasionaly worked in did either. It would be entirely impractical.

I won't take advice when it is bad advice.

I didn't make it into a bigger thing, you did after I laughed at the thought of 'guitar gloves'.

I possibly am immature, and as a result i don't take life seriously enough to wear 'guitar gloves'. Like 99.99% of the guitar playing population!

i pulled an 'i knew a guy' experience out of my arse because i thought it would be a lovely story to tell the people of freddyshouse.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

Tape does distort the sound, hard fingertips don't. Why? because guitarists have hard fingertips, thus this 'distorted' sound is just the normal sound, because it's the same for everyone.

I know a lot of chefs as i used to be one, and none of us used protective gear, and none in any of the other kitchens i occasionaly worked in did either. It would be entirely impractical.

I didn't make it into a bigger thing, you did after I laughed at the thought of 'guitar gloves'.

I possibly am immature, and as a result i don't take life seriously enough to wear 'guitar gloves'. Like 99.99% of the guitar playing population!

i pulled an 'i knew a guy' experience out of my arse because i thought it would be a lovely story to tell the people of freddyshouse.

Well i personally loved the story

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Like i said, hardened skin, presses against the bloodveins, causes numbness. My right thumb still isn't a 100% because of a couple of died bloodveins.

It, happens.

Ngh...so you're saying all guitarists play with distorted sound? But they learned it by gradually getting into the distorted sound?...i mean...you're making little sense there. If you can make same sounds with tape on your fingers, then why not protect your fingers? If you feel you're not gonna be the next santana with tapes on, take 'em off. Noones cares about that much sound distortion, unless they are going pro on world stages. And even then, who knows, that might make the distortion just right. And FYI, you just said hardened fingertips distort he sound, and now it doesn't?

About chef and protective gear, some don't, some do, pointless to discuss. Nothing is practical in the kitchen, when safety comes as an issue, doesn't make it "non smart".

After it became clear you misunderstood what i meant with guitar glove, i explained and said "Ok?", but it wasn't ok, you kept on it and kept on callling it stupid and whatnot.

Don't try and compare your immaturity to some silly fact that never was on the table.

You don't take advice at all. You see advice as "you MUST do like this". when it's not.

And you know you didn't just tell a "funy story", you were trying to compare me.

Ironic, or irrelevant? No one is taking about Bass Guitars.

Yeah, ok. Next you're gonna say "it's a completely different thing with guitars!"...right?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, ok. Next you're gonna say "it's a completely different thing with guitars!"...right?

It is, and you know it.

Bass guitars have strings about a million times thicker, of course there is a difference. It would be foolish to say there wasn't a difference. My Bass playing mate sometimes tape his thumb on his right hand if he was playing slap. He wouldn't do the same for a guitar because it's silly.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It is, and you know it.

Bass guitars have strings about a million times thicker, of course there is a difference. It would be foolish to say there wasn't a difference. My Bass playing mate sometimes tape his thumb on his right hand if he was playing slap. He wouldn't do the same for a guitar because it's silly.

Glad you took all the relevant things out of that post...

The thickness doesn't count to the fact that hardening of the skin can cause problems.

Keeping it simple so you can't distort it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Glad you took all the relevant things out of that post...

The thickness doesn't count to the fact that hardening of the skin can cause problems.

Keeping it simple so you can't distort it.

I took the only relevant thing out of that post, because all that other crap was off topic. Wearign one of your so called 'guitar gloves' for playing a Bass is a different kettle of fish to wearing one for playing guitar, because of the difference in the instruments.

I don't care about any of the other stuff. I posted in the thread at first to offer advice to Sparx, and my advice is don't worry about hardening of the skin, as has been everyone elses advice aside from yours.

The thickness of the string will effect your fingers more because you're putting more pressure on them, and affecting a wider area.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't care about any of the other stuff. I posted in the thread at first to offer advice to Sparx, and my advice is don't worry about hardening of the skin, as has been everyone elses advice aside from yours.

And i posted on the thread to offer advice too, about personal experience, of how it can cause problems and in practising it DOESN'T hurt to wear protective gear. You can't say it hurts to wear protective gear when practising. As in, not trying to nail a song, but practising, over and over.

Thickness effects area, not the effect. Correct.

And if you want to "grow up", try not to be so condecending, insulting and calling others text "crap" all the time.

I know what you mean with your points, but you're adament, deadfool even, on your points and everyone elses way is "twat behaviour".

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The fact still remains that you're talking about your experience playing Bass, not guitar!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fuck this shit, i'm hacking off my hands

Learn to play with your teeth like Sir Johnny of Hendrix. I'm not sure if you can get teeth gloves though, you'd have to ask Old.Tohtori about that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Then let me explain.

HArdening happens, string thickness effects the speed and area.
Hardening still causes problems at some cases.
Protecting against this, while practising non-important things helps.

Ok?

Learn to play with your teeth like Sir James of Hendrix. I'm not sure if you can get teeth gloves though, you'd have to ask Old.Tohtori about that.

And your age comes through again, totally un-needed.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I won't be losing any sleep over it!

Edit - perhaps a little harsh, i'm not that kind of guy. However you just basically said you'd find it funny if it was directed at someone else, so it's pretty true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom