just had...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
my first proper guitar lesson with a teacher

Have to say i am struggling to type with my left hand due to sore fingertips

But it was so worth it!! got an Eric Clapton blues tune and a stereophonics tune to learn as it teaches the 6 chords i learnt

Cant wait till next wednesday now

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Good stuff!

Your fingertips will harden up with time, mine are pretty much made of steel after 8 years of playing :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Why not teach yourself first for a bit and put away the cash you would have spent on lessons towards an uber guitar. Its not hard to teach yourself the basics, especially now we have the internet. Then when you feel you have taught yourself as far as you can, maybe then invest in lessons.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why not teach yourself first for a bit and put away the cash you would have spent on lessons towards an uber guitar. Its not hard to teach yourself the basics, especially now we have the internet. Then when you feel you have taught yourself as far as you can, maybe then invest in lessons.

And then decide to practise more on your own, and sve the money, and NOT buy a guitar as you notice in 3 moths that this is boring.

Another good reason not to learn from teachers.

Also, might want to consider getting a guitar glove type of thing to save your fingers.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
A fucking guitar glove? fuck off.

xD

lessons were the best thing ive done to improve my playing, and ive played for 10 years.

its not worth getting an uber guitar for your first, its a waste of money. if you can get a shit guitar to sound good then your doing alright.

and no, my guitar teacher was a legend, and didnt make lessons boring at all.

Marc

FH is my second home
The finger next to my little finger is deformed a bit, the tip points upwards so im pretty much fucked really. I will never hit the heights of other guitar players but I still enjoy it :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah 'cause it's manly men who f*ck up their fingers so they can "play pure" and all that macho crap.

Or, you're a complete twat if you wear a 'guitar glove', and you'd be laughed at by all of society because it's the daftest thing in the history of things.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i learnt more in an hour than i did in a week online. And i know i am going in the right direction instead of learning things all over the place. So i def think its worth the money

I have a cheap guitar to practise on. And my birthday is coming up soon so i will probably get myself a nice acoustic too

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i learnt more in an hour than i did in a week online. And i know i am going in the right direction instead of learning things all over the place. So i def think its worth the money

I have a cheap guitar to practise on. And my birthday is coming up soon so i will probably get myself a nice acoustic too

good going :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Or, you're a complete twat if you wear a 'guitar glove', and you'd be laughed at by all of society because it's the daftest thing in the history of things.

Yeah yeah, go back to chav hating britain or some other sh*thole you crawled from. Judging a-hole.

If you don't want to loose the feeling, or f*ck up the nerves, in your fingers you can use guitar glove style of thing. If you don't give a f*ck about it, then don't.

Oh but i forgot Aoami is so 'ard and all 'cause he 'as 'ard fingertips.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't rush out an by something expensive. Because if you decide it's not for you after a couple of months you'll have wasted a lot of money, and a £150 jobby will do you just fine for learning on, and will sound good as well. I'd recommend a Yamaha.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
If you don't want to loose the feeling, or f*ck up the nerves, in your fingers you can use guitar glove style of thing. If you don't give a f*ck about it, then don't.

how is wearing a glove going to stop you from nerve damage?

I dont know anyone who has ever used a guitar glove.

/edit and if i did , i would laugh at them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah yeah, go back to chav hating britain or some other sh*thole you crawled from. Judging a-hole.

Oh but i forgot Aoami is so 'ard and all 'cause he 'as 'ard fingertips.

I'm rock solid. Rawwwwwwwwr.

I'm sorry, but guitar glovesa re for nobs, end of. How about you just don't comment on thigns you know nothing about in future, it'd save everyone a lot of trouble.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
how is wearing a glove going to stop you from nerve damage?

I dont know anyone who has ever used a guitar glove.

/edit and if i did , i would laugh at them.

Tips of your fingers have nerves.

Some people can get damage to them if playing too much.

Using a glove is for practise, when you play the same chords, over and over, and not play on beach or some such.

Also helps you keep some sensitivity in your fingers, which helps you play better.

I'm sorry, but guitar glovesa re for nobs, end of. How about you just don't comment on thigns you know nothing about in future, it'd save everyone a lot of trouble.

Maybe i'm commenting 'cause i do know.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Guitar gloves don't cover the finger tips you twat.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What? Gutiar gloves, guitar gloves, guitar gloves.

Gutiar glovse are what people like Van Halen wore in the 80's, fingerless gloves that you could lube to move up and down the fretboard quicker.

Nothing else exists.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not talking about your wet dreams of van halen.

Talking about saving your fingers.

Ok?

Commmon sense, not some fashion thing you think about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You're just making things up now. What was your plan, put a pair of gardening gloves on?

how about you try a bit of common sense. If you wear a pair a of gloves while playing guitar, it will dampen all the sound from the strings, and the noises will be all wrong, so you'll think (especially if you're new to it) you're playing it wrong because it sounds crap.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're just making things up now. What was your plan, put a pair of gardening gloves on?

how about you try a bit of common sense. If you wear a pair a of gloves while playing guitar, it will dampen all the sound from the strings, and the noises will be all wrong, so you'll think (especially if you're new to it) you're playing it wrong because it sounds crap.

And now ofcourse i'm making things up.

Jesus you just can't acept that maybe we were talking about a different thing, NOOO, "must, bash, people, i aer aoami!!".

Something to cover your fingertips from the damage, doesn't have to be some garden gloves. Are you really this daft?

Quick thinking: Medical glove, with a touch of cotton at the end. Saves your fingers and keeps it normal.

EDIT: And i'm forcing the issue 'cause i ruined my thumb while playing the bass a long back.

Not protecting your fingers 'cause someone says "you look stupid" is just that, stupid.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
It wouldn't be FHOT if there wasn't an arguement over gloves :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I can't beleive i'm reading this!

Medical gloves with cotton in!?

Desperation.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't beleive i'm reading this!

Medical gloves with cotton in!?

Desperation.

You're missing the point completely by being a judgemental twat.

If you want to avoid lifelong damage to your fingers, little protection never hurt.

Tape on fingertips even helps.

You can't honestly be one of those "Looking cool is better then avoiding lifelong damage!"

Laddey

FH is my second home

lol so true!

Right, i know fuck all about guitaring, why don't you use one of those little plastic things shaped like a love heart?...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not judging anyone. All i'm saying is that 'guitar gloves', as you call them, don't exsist, and no-one in the whole wide world wears them.

You are doing no harm by hardening your fingertips playing guitar because the nerve endings are quite deep.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not judging anyone. All i'm saying is that 'guitar gloves', as you call them, don't exsist, and no-one in the whole wide world wears them.

You are doing no harm by hardening your fingertips playing guitar because the nerve endings are quite deep.

That's why i said "guitar glove type of thing". Not "Use guitar glove like vanhalen! lolz!"

Protect your fingers, all i'm saying. There's plenty of stuff on the surface too that can be fcked up. And loosing the feeling in your fingertips is a bad thing. Not to mention, that the nerve endings need to be used to keep 'em alive. If you get your fingers so hard that you can barely feel them, the nerve endings wither too. So while practising, using some tape, glove-rig, whatnot, is not harming anyone.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
As I said earlier, it is harming thigns, because it completely distorts the sound you make, especially if you're playing acoustic.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about by hardening your finger tips :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

For the troll: Actually it was a misunderstanding, but ofcourse that's something you can't understand.

As I said earlier, it is harming thigns, because it completely distorts the sound you make, especially if you're playing acoustic.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about by hardening your finger tips :p

And i'm saying it doesn't distort the sound if you use common sense in protecting your fingers. AND saying that it CAN harm your fingers. Did for me, so can say it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom