Just for the record

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Tom said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3340731.stm

I'd like to point out to anybody thinking of getting a DAB radio, that the actual audio quality is sub-par with FM stereo, due to the ancient codec used, and also the low bit-rates alloted.

Thankyou.

My father grows increasingly tired at the misuse of digital technologies, such as digital TV and digital Radio. There is a potential for a massive hike in quality over analogue, but do they do that? No, they just use the extra bandwidth to use lower bit rates and cram in plenty more channels.

Arseholes.

Having said that, some TV pictures are clearly higher quality than others. Some are so low, they look like a bad pr0n mpegs.

G

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
Having said that, some TV pictures are clearly higher quality than others. Some are so low, they look like a bad pr0n mpegs.
We wouldn't know about such things - we're far too innocent :p

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I'd like to point out to anybody thinking of getting a DAB radio, that the actual audio quality is sub-par with FM stereo, due to the ancient codec used, and also the low bit-rates alloted.

Sad but true... there's quite a good page about this here - in particular, how little bandwidth the UK has allocated to DAB.

Unfortunately, if you're away from broadband or a digital TV receiver, DAB is the only option for listening to the 'New Digital Stations' (and having certain fogeyish tendencies, I'm a bit partial to BBC 6music ).

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Got one for me mum as a prezzie, going to see how it work out later.

Personally I am not impressed with Digital TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom