Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Leave the threads up but with a comment explaining to the individuals why they are getting banned. That way we all know that they are banned and more importantly why and it can sort of be an example.

I thought you only deleted threads when they were extremely offensive.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Telling me to die irl is not offensive? :(

I don't actually take offense from that kinda thing but I could have! :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Whilst three mods are here (you certainly come running when a post is reported!)...

Why were Flesh, Shy and Lox banned? Was it for their continual spam or did they do something else that was deleted then too. Im still trying to work out what you see as acceptable and what is not.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
moaning about rep mostly i think

flesh was overall abusive
shy "ignored a clear warning"

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Bleh, bye bye Rep system. I think getting rid of it was a bad idea. :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:
Bleh, bye bye Rep system. I think getting rid of it was a bad idea. :(

I think getting rid of it was good because most of the idiots on the DAOC boards are abusing it to enlarge their e-penis.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharma said:
I think getting rid of it was good because most of the idiots on the DAOC boards are abusing it to enlarge their e-penis.
Sharma, I like you - I think you make good points. Yet what I really really hate about you is when you make such comments. Idiots are idiots, I am not automatically an idiot because I play DAoC and post on forums, and I find it even more hypocritical, when you yourself first came to these boards as a DAoC player.

What I dont understand is why it mattered that a few people were Rep farming, and if it really does it cant be that hard to see to it that people arent recieveing lots of +rep from one person. Now that you can see where the rep came from, people are a lot les slikely to randomly give bad rep for the sake of it.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:
Sharma, I like you - I think you make good points. Yet what I really really hate about you is when you make such comments. Idiots are idiots, I am not automatically an idiot because I play DAoC and post on forums, and I find it even more hypocritical, when you yourself first came to these boards as a DAoC player.

What I dont understand is why it mattered that a few people were Rep farming, and if it really does it cant be that hard to see to it that people arent recieveing lots of +rep from one person. Now that you can see where the rep came from, people are a lot les slikely to randomly give bad rep for the sake of it.

Im not highlighting all the boards as idiots, its the fact that despite the number of decent people on here it only takes a few to turn it sour which spoils it for everyeone else.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:

with it being visible people were taking revenge on people who gave them bad rep for a valid reason (which it wasnt in the persons own eyes ofc).

It being unvisible people were spamming bad rep and with it being visible people were taking revenge. Also people were spamming good rep on friends of them. So the system was quite useless for an indication of how good the poster was.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
99% of the people who went into negative rep were people who had spammed useless crap on this forum, thus deserving the bad rep ¬_¬

But a system like that will never work. You could use it properly and give bad rep on bad posts, but that person will respond purely out of spite/revenge/whatever ~ ~

Adari

Part of the furniture
[01:18:23] <k9elfe> your plan went well adari

!!11

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharma said:
Im not highlighting all the boards as idiots
Sharma said:
You need to work more on getting your point across diplomatically. But then you didnt really have much of a point there anyway did you?

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
ST^ said:
But a system like that will never work. You could use it properly and give bad rep on bad posts, but that person will respond purely out of spite/revenge/whatever ~ ~
Bleh fine, I'm obviously on my own with this one here. I still think they needed to give it mor eof a chance since they made the rep giver visible.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
Bleh fine, I'm obviously on my own with this one here. I still think they needed to give it mor eof a chance since they made the rep giver visible.

Yes we will, once some enhancements have been made to the system. We are not the only board who have turned it off due to abuse and the makers, Jelsoft, have a long list of suggestions to make it work better.

For now, it will be staying off.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:
You need to work more on getting your point across diplomatically. But then you didnt really have much of a point there anyway did you?

I said not all of the boards, yet most of the idiots that are there.

There is a collection of idiots on the boards, and most of them, they abused it.

If you catch my drift now. :)

/edit There are a small number of people of consider idiots, two of the were banned, namely Flesh and Lox.

I was not labeling you an idiot at all.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
Yes we will, once some enhancements have been made to the system. We are not the only board who have turned it off due to abuse and the makers, Jelsoft, have a long list of suggestions to make it work better.

For now, it will be staying off.
Ok then. I personally cant think of many ways it can be made more effective but Im pleased to see you are going to try.

Sharma, consider your drift caught. :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
ST^ said:
99% of the people who went into negative rep were people who had spammed useless crap on this forum, thus deserving the bad rep

how true :/

now justice wont be served anymore!

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
99% of the people who went into negative rep were people who had spammed useless crap on this forum, thus deserving the bad rep ¬_¬

Ain't that the truth.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
You tried to give me -rep for saying that a £10 donation isnt that much money for people who are desperate for a new title.

Don't complain ;p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
K9 gave me bad rep for agreeing with him...wierd.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
You tried to give me -rep for saying that a £10 donation isnt that much money for people who are desperate for a new title.

Don't complain ;p
Not complaining, just showing you up to be the 2 faced nob that you are. :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:
K9 docked me saying it was "just business"
That was K9 and STs 'ingenious' scheme to get themselves huge rep. They gave each other +rep. However as you have to 'spread it around', they had to give rep to anyone else they could find, making it +rep would defeat the whole purpose of doing it. Hence the 'just business' comment.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
they had to give rep to anyone else they could find, making it +rep would defeat the whole purpose of doing it. Hence the 'just business' comment.

they could have alternated it off course(bad and good rep), but then the difference between their good rep and everyone elses was ofc less visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom