John Rambo^^

O

old.Revz

Bear in mind that people like Artemis, Camillo, Derric, Niar and Jadow made a name for themselves when it was actually hard to play an infiltrator. There were no such things as buffbots, they couldn't even climb keep walls and most people considered them one of the worst classes in Albion to play (in the case of Prydwen we were seriously out-levelled/out-itemed by Midgard as well so most people RvRed at a large disadvantage; especially those who had a hard time levelling in the first place...). Things might have changed since then (significantly in the case of assassin classes) but that is the reason why people have overwhlemingly more respect for the guys doing it originally rather than those jumping on the bandwagon of the "uber" classes much more recently.

G

Gwendel

heh Klav, you mean the buffs, it got to the stage of getting killed by buffed sbs constantly got to me somewhat so i joined the rat race :( Anyway, i havent used him for ages, was buffed prob a month, 6 weeks at the most, my friendly cleric now lives in camelot trinketting and gets used on guild raids, nowt else really, just dont get the same satisfaction killing ppl buffed /shrug
:m00:

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
I think it was at 1.2mill rp rambo started using /stick, and yes, i agree, he is quite good, but with the amount of time he spends in emain it _should_ come sooner or later, althought it took him up to rr6 to actually learn his class.
Ive often attacked him, run behind him, him standing still looking doing nothing, and then manually turning around.
He rarely runs stealthed in longer distances, thats also great.

That's quite funny, because Rambo is a classic power-levelled, buff-botted, fotm.

I remember him joining XP groups a few times, where he would play his friend's lv50 Theurgist to Buff and CC for the group(Theu would not be grouped), while Rambo was grouped and sitting alone somewhere. I guess this went on for the best part of his XP'ing life.

Although I never make judgements on anyone from T30, most of them play from the same netcafe and you never know whose playing who!

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Cher
a kid with too much money and time can become uber (i can not agree with u finster about buffbots being needed for any sort of stealther, its lame) but those 4 i mentioned
(with exception of jup) all got there pristige from being good players, without any unfair advantages.
(jup just died lots and spammed the forums to get renown)

:D :D :D

Thanks Cher, that really made me smile !!!

Actually - what defines a good player? RP count only?

I have about 170k RPs, gained almost entirely from keep retaking and occasional forays into enemy lands for a take/hold party.

I am old, usually pissed, and slow (case in point the time Cylian killed me while I was afk having a pee and getting a beer on a climb point at Fensalir - Doh! :D) and make no claims to technical prowess, but I would offer a few comments further. I have a full time job, and family, and don't have huge amounts of playing time, though I do put as much in as I can. I am the guild leader of Phoenix Legion which in itself is a fair amount of work, I sometimes roleplay, and together with other GMs I run the Unity of Albion Alliance. I don't play the emain game. I react and defend or go on keep takes, so my RP count is not the greatest at all. I have attended almost every single relic raid attempt by Albion, many of which have been successful. At times I have been stood on the wall of relic keeps which weren't even the target for attack, simply offering information to the command chat group. I have sat at Excalibur doing nothing but coordinate the players out there defending through the chat group. I have dropped everything on many many occasions to defend relics, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I don't camp DF or Yggdra looking for easy RPs.

When I started RvRing I was about level 30. Heck, I ran stealthed across to the Midgard Border keep in Uppland when I was level 20. When I started, most of Midgard (spot Gideon's comments above) were red or purple con, and they stayed that way. I got ganked time and time again by Azal as I tried to level up bit by bit. Every time I did, I said to myself 'hey, I'll get 50 and get my own back' and then after more than 60 days /played, I hit 50, and Realm Abilities were on the scene. I had very few RPs, those enemies had hundreds of thousands, and all the RAs they could ask for. I get farmed some more as a result.

I often work solo, leaving me unbuffed. I have plenty of cash for multiple accounts and PCs, but buff bots aint my style, and despite frequent efforts I am unable to get BT to allow me a broadband connection, so I wouldn't have the bandwidth anyway. On guild RvR outings sure I'll have Padre, my favourite cleric, in my group at the drop of a hat, but this is not the usual situation. Usually I am solo, running somewhere to scout and passing information back to a chat group. Heck - when people see a Jupitus death message the comments start flying, and I am happy with that.

Bring on the assassin nerf - if loss of IP and a cap on evade is all we take then I am more than happy as I am rarely buffed, have dodger 3 which is about 50% or so unbuffed I think, and I never had IP. As far as I can tell this will help me, not hinder. I do wonder whether a faster ping would help... Succi totally pwned me the other day, and I chuckled, but it was one of those assassin v assassin who can hit the PA first situations and he won easily. Probably as I am slow, but if I get broadband one day who can tell what might happen ;)

Spam the boards? Hardly spam as I rarely post without comments to make.

Die alot? You bet I do :)

Bad player? I don't think so.:cool:

F

Freia

Originally posted by old.Finster
oh, and <smooch> freia. if you weren t so frigging dangerous i would adore you instead of nuking you.
Oi! I'm completely harmless!
Just an innocent little girl. :)
I (almost) never staffkill anyone :)

Originally posted by Hadess
How come people only think people from day 1 is the only ones who can play?

Check out Revz comment above. The oldies didnt set out to be uber rp farmers. They didnt jump the assasin bandwagon after they realized they are uber. Thats why the old ones deserve some respect. (and i never said anything about their ability to play).
All the new ones (including shadowblades) just make me :puke: :puke: :puke:

M

midmaster

respect for being a real badass.

and /clap to the most/only sharpwitted assassin i have met out here.

some very nice and close kills and some daring escapes. i get killed rarely by sneaks even though i pull a lot of them and i think you have actually managed to kill me more often than all others assassins combined.

cya around.

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Local Svartalf

Well, check the stream of green messages when he dies. Killed him unbuffed with my own sb, so trust me when i say that he never comes alone. The bot safely at APK is making him harder than he really is.

O

old.Cher

jupitus, can i ask you to send your mind back, to about 9 months ago, u were running to snowdonia, and a minstrel invited u to her group for you to have speed.

that minstrels name was cher and i was part of the Chaos fellowship. I said i knew u , and u said u were famous for talking lots and dying lots :)

I never meant any of what i said about u as slander, since i quite like u, and i happen to know u are good with your character, and that u made it when infs were still gimps.

All of the people who made infs when they were classed as under powered i have great respect for, since i saw them all in action as a low lvl minstrel, with my cleric friend nala, and got to group with alot of you too..

in short. .......JUPITUS I LOVE YOOO!

T

tildson

Rambo is a good player, and why is soloplayers not allowed to be buffed, but grouped people is? Finster is an Eldritch btw ;)

H

hrodelbert

it's best to ignore generic poster tbh gwen he's not worth the effort.

H

Hadess

Is it just me or was it much easier for infils pre 1.49(or now when epic armors and realm abilities came into play). So i cant really say that the old infils are better then these ones who is around now. (Not to mention the one-hit-kill-and-stay-stealthed)

H

Hadess

So you have played with buffbot now and you find it easier?

O

old.Finster

it still amuses me. i pay kudos to an alb for successful play and it turns into a flame by envyers.

reveals a lot about albs.

(and yes: buffbots are a reality. i do not maintain one on excalibur, but i prefer to get buffs from a friends instead of whining about being killed time and again by infiltrators who evade 25% more and hit xx% harder. it s a moot point to whine about buffbotted stealthers, there s endless threads of that kind on vnboards. this is the environment you play in, accept it. i also fullwell expect to get PAd by a buffbotted monster when playing Eldritch.)

cheers,

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Svartalf Farmer

T

Turamber

Hardly, the majority of posts are from Mid & Hib players. That you don't actually realise which realm people are playing says a lot about your judgement of who is a good player or not :p

G

Garaen

Oi cam you tart, when you hoster and some other SB all perfed me at the same time earlier up in HW i was not impressed :( Next time lets have a 1v1 so i can show you my minstrel powah!

Yes i was pwned .... big style.

E

eben

it still amuses me. i pay kudos to an alb for successful play and it turns into a flame by envyers.

(and yes: buffbots are a reality. i do not maintain one on excalibur, but i prefer to get buffs from a friends instead of whining about being killed time and again by infiltrators who evade 25% more and hit xx% harder. it s a moot point to whine about buffbotted stealthers, there s endless threads of that kind on vnboards. this is the environment you play in, accept it. i also fullwell expect to get PAd by a buffbotted monster when playing Eldritch.)

cheers,

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Svartalf Farmer

No...it reveals your lack of interpretation. What's envious about flaming your rudeness about other infs?

And recall, if you can, that you rolled an alb to start with (cleric, remember?).

I'm afraid all this thread shows is that you have grown a rather large ego. Who would have thought that the mighty Finster would sell his soul to the devil NP and then play the ever-so-tough character of a chanter!

T

tildson

God damnit whats wrong with u ppl?? THE ELF IS AN ELDRITCH AND NOT A CHANTER!!!

Z

zapzap

Just give rambo an extra PC then he can use his buff bot dont care. Lagbo his name should be, he manage to hit me 4 times today with same result rambo not in wiev. I even got so confuesed I jumped down batlement to try find him and there he came like 6 sec later, sence when do they give Infils wings or does that come with Alerion Knight ??? :p

Zapsi
Zapsis

O

old.Finster

<smiles>. offers offended nightshades a cookie.

no. i m not a chanter. next time you have that nearsight icon on your avalonian screen, or you crawl away debuffed and diseased, blame the elf.

yes, i was cleric in albion, but the deleting of that and my change to midgard were a long and stressful story.

<bonks rambo on the fingers with his staff> leave those weapons where they are or i pbaoe you :)

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Local Svartalf

E

eben

<smiles>. offers offended nightshades a cookie.

no. i m not a chanter. next time you have that nearsight icon on your avalonian screen, or you crawl away debuffed and diseased, blame the elf.

yes, i was cleric in albion, but the deleting of that and my change to midgard were a long and stressful story.

<bonks rambo on the fingers with his staff> leave those weapons where they are or i pbaoe you :)

Finster, <Nolby Pride>
Local Svartalf

oops..eldritch...oops

but you made a mistake too...im not an avalonian.

I take back the chanter stuff then...playing an eldritch is a harder battle. Still think you have no right to belittle other players. Praise Rambo and say no more...

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Cher
jupitus, can i ask you to send your mind back, to about 9 months ago, u were running to snowdonia, and a minstrel invited u to her group for you to have speed.

that minstrels name was cher and i was part of the Chaos fellowship. I said i knew u , and u said u were famous for talking lots and dying lots :)

I never meant any of what i said about u as slander, since i quite like u, and i happen to know u are good with your character, and that u made it when infs were still gimps.

All of the people who made infs when they were classed as under powered i have great respect for, since i saw them all in action as a low lvl minstrel, with my cleric friend nala, and got to group with alot of you too..

in short. .......JUPITUS I LOVE YOOO!

<blushes>

Awww thanks Cher!!

:cool:

J

jua-cosmos-jua

what are you talking about.. pa's between stealthers ends up to who has the best ping... ask rambo he prolly lives in europe using a dsl ++ and having a 20 ping god.. if that's just the way you messure the skill gg

O

old.Patrick-S

yea i tend to lag when trying to hit stealthers pa or not or when they do it to me so often i hit pa have a 2-3 sec delay then end up being pa'd first lol so i tend to just reveal with insta cast unless its easy/im not lagging :) and rambo's fully buffed and no i dont think he is or was maybe a great player luon unbuffed beat him pre-1.54 when luon was 45 46? cant remember but it was hilarious and no im not saying hes a crap player but hes fully buffed removing the chance to ever find out and dont think it takes much skill to hit style keys and evade nearly every swing :)

T

tildson

*sniff *sniff* <smells envy among the other infiltrators>

Users who are viewing this thread