No idea Jobs

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Scouse, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Rent. Boy.

2. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Well least we've got an expert on the forums.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered.

So I went ahead and did it. Handed in my notice, go on garden leave from tomorrow for several months. Applied to several universities to do a 1 year Masters, no idea if I'll get accepted to any.

What could possibly go wrong ...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Nice one man, a Masters in what?

You'll get accepted, they love old folk at Unis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zarjazz

Various courses (Maths, Physics/Astronomy, Comp Sci.) at various uni's to give myself more options and a higher chance of getting accepted to at least one. Hope you're right about the old folks :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Don't you need a undergraduate degree in a relevant subject?

7. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Nice!

Not tempted to study abroad? Could be free in sweden :)

8. Zarjazz

I do, I have a degree in Theoretical Physics. That and my enterprise level of computing experience covers everything.

Briefly thought about it. Could get complicated with Brexit for European locations. Sweden would be good though, I may look into it further if application are still open. Spent enough time working in the US in recent years that I'm not that keen on studying there.

9. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

When I did work I enjoyed mine, took me all around the country meeting some interesting people to say the least... maybe find a job that lets you travel a bit?

10. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Pff mickey mouse degree..
    Did you not think about structures of reality tv.

11. Lakih

Lakih FH is my second home

Traveling for work is highly overrated IMO. All you see is airports, expense reports, and headaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Depends how you do it. I used to tack on personal time to the end of my US trips back in the day, which usually meant I got a “free” holiday flight to the US twice a year (I did this at least half a dozen times with three, maybe four different employers). Also time your meetings so they’re on a Monday or Thu/Fri, get a free weekend. Your employer doesn’t usually care.

• Agree Agree x 1