WTF? Job has lost his mind

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The brain is a very complicated piece of kit

Aye.

Some ppl are lucky; they are born with their furniture already made, delivered, and in perfect condition :notworthy:
Others obviously shopped at Ikea and continue to try to assemble their flat-packs with no tools and half the screws missing :p

opticle

Part of the furniture
A TIA's usually motor / sensory / speech, though it could have been. Sounds a bit more like an absence seizure, which could have happened +/- TIA I guess - though I think you're a bit young for a TIA, if it was, you're unlucky :/

Last edited:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They partly guessognised as a local partial seizure followed by a total seizure, couldn't find anything wrong so I'm not under and meds or even need to go back at all.
Going through sueing Police for damages to my arms and face.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Going through sueing Police for damages to my arms and face.

get a tshirt that says "if im having a seizure and have lost control of my body and am acting strangely please leave me alone on a main road or ill sue you"

Job

Point taken, though there's a big difference between restraining someone who's having a fit and five coppers slamming my face on the floor then carrying me hogtied style and dumping me on the floor of the ambulance and watching me regain consciousness as I ripped my arms to bits on the handcuffs.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Aye, that's generally considered to be not particularly helpful.. :/

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Point taken, though there's a big difference between restraining someone who's having a fit and five coppers slamming my face on the floor then carrying me hogtied style and dumping me on the floor of the ambulance and watching me regain consciousness as I ripped my arms to bits on the handcuffs.
oh granted, but like people on odd drugs, if your body is on "autopilot" then you dont know how much of a struggle you could put up ;)

Tilda

What should they have done then?
From their perspective, you'd just driven through a road-barrier, were a bit mental and for all they knew you were on drunks etc? What is a more reasonable response? Drugies, or those with brain injuries sometimes need to be restrained or sedated - police officers are very good at doing this to druggies but perhaps less so on the latter group. What should they have done?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Police are very good at being utter dicks too.

Job

TBH I wasn't going to bother , but the consultant and my Doctor were horrified by the injuries and urged me to sue.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
and what % are the doctors taking?

Sorry, but you have no idea what state you were in because...you can't remember. For all you know, you could have tried running back onto a motorway or something shitty, risking the lives of more people.

Job

I did actually get out of the car, but witnesses said I just stood there with my head down, foaming at the mouth, though I don't remember a thing, the Police jumped me and forced my hands up my back, at that point I resisted so they face slammed me and carried me to the ambulance by the handcuffs.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
In hindsight its easy to look back and say 'Yeh they were fucking harsh' or whatever, but really, they just didn't know how you were going to react if you were that out of it.

Job

Yeah, I'm not going after the individuals in anyway, just I think there should be a better procedure for restraining someone who isn't in control of their senses, handcuffs rip you to bits.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At what point does a "face slam" by five cops equal "restraint"?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Agreed, it was overkill as is often the case when police are restraining people.

opticle

Part of the furniture
and what % are the doctors taking?

I'm not sure what kind of country you are coming from, but I'm pretty sure Doctor's don't take any kind of percentage on this kind of thing..?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Its tin hat time!

I work in insurance. There was a doctor recently who got collared for making £800k from fake whiplash claims by providing false med reports. Different situation here but it shouldn't be a doctors job to tell someone to sue.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Its tin hat time!

I work in insurance. There was a doctor recently who got collared for making £800k from fake whiplash claims by providing false med reports. Different situation here but it shouldn't be a doctors job to tell someone to sue.

It's a Doctor's duty to give evidence, same as any witness - I don't think you're paid for this. I'm guessing here he took bribes from patients for signing their forms rather than took any kind of fee for giving evidence ?

I'm fairly sure Job isn't successfully bribing his admitting doctors..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well yeh, it was a snide joke.

Yes they can give evidence but they shouldn't give legal advice.

opticle

Part of the furniture
:)

True, but they do have to report children they're concerned about when there's the possibility of abuse or wrongdoing, or vulnerable adults if they're worried they're being taken advantage of - and they give (legal) advice to family members in those kinds of situations too. Likewise they give advice to drivers (esp. HGVs) suffering from epilepsy. That's a little more involvement than just giving evidence.

I don't think people would like seeing a doctor who says "Sorry, I can't give you advice".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom