WTF? Job has lost his mind

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm sure this isn't news to most of you here, but last week I had the weirdest, most frightening experience of my life.
I was driving to a job and suddenly I couldn't remember where I was going, that inner voice that sort of 'speaks' out your thoughts had dissapeared, so being the analytical type I went back to basics and realised I couldn't recall anything, not even my own name.
So I decided I 'd better pull over as, there was obviously something amiss.
I then woke up in an ambulance, face down in handcuffs, with 3 coppers looking at me, my brain had come back online and I put two and two together. It seems I drove for another mile then calmly drove through the fence between the carriageways, luckily the road was empty and I only wrote the truck off without sustaining the slightest injury, which is about as lucky as it gets.
They CAT scanned me, nothing there (don't) so it's just unexplained seizure, can't drive for six months. The reason for the handcuffs is it took four coppers to get me in the ambulance and they've taken chunks out of my wrists.
As you can see I'm still the annoying twat I've always been, so fingers crossed.
On a strange side note, a stubborn wart I've had for 30 years and survived every treatment, on my hand completely disappeared 3 days later..how weird.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Gah there is *so* much ammo for *so* many comedic replies in that post but.... gah.... I'm glad you're ok and that nobody got hurt. Sounds like a fortunate outcome.

Job

quite possibly, if you detect any degree of agreeableness in my posts, could you pm me and mark it urgent.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
glad you're still with us Job. I suppose it's quite redundant but take it easy for a bit eh mate :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
not-sure-if-real-life-or-just-fantasy.jpg

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Good thing you came out ok Job. So what is happening now, living life as usual?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
my mum collapsed in a sainsburies around the age of 40 with a fit after having no previous

scarey stuff and yeah bummer you need to be free for a while before you get it back.

Tirdness can bring it on if your susceptable. My mums on anti drugs atm to stop any more coming back taken them for years ...

Driving must have shit up a lot of people on the same road as you heh

Job

Home grown theories abound, I always drink redbull or Monster, a few years back I drank relentless and it made me feel really weird, I got tha feeling you sometimes get in the dentist with the injection, so I vowed never to drink it again, and what did I do, drank a full can just before it happened, cos the garage only had it and I was like it'll be allright.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Only time i ever feel like that is if i have had less than 4-5 hours sleep, i really cannot function on less than 7 solid sleep personally, gotta get them REM's

Nate

FH is my second home
Glad no one got hurt, you gotta sleep more mate. See a shrink too to see if you can get that bit where it all went blank back, you'll probably find you are a super hero in your sleep.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I would be very fucking freaked out if that happened to me. Weird that you seem to take it reasonably well.

I wish you good health mate.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Mate of mine had the same thing happen. He was working 2 jobs and just had his first kid.
One minute he was fine and then his brain just shut down.
He had to take it easy for weeks because it happened again if he pushed himself...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
sounds like you stroked or fitted out. shitty luck :(

Actually it sounds more like a "fugue state" to me. The lost of personal identity for several hours would seem to fit exactly.

Job

Thanks dudes, its more common tham you think and im laid back because the neuroligist was and our local hospital is the top brain centre in the country, still working on me pushbike doing huge backlog of gascerts, quite enjoying the slow pace actually, stopping off in little cafes and local parks, sunny days, happy days, glad to be alive

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, that must have been scary as hell. So glad you're ok and that no one was hurt....and that your wart has now gone :)

Job

I'm driving again now in a ten year old peugeot 206, I quite like it though, what a lovely car to drive, 1.1 cos the insurance is awful, but it's doing 50 to the gallon and I've forgotten what a petrol station is.
Going to potter around in it for a year, then it's a Nissan Pathfinder :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
Was about to post saying I hope you're Ok mate, but then I noticed the original post date :) Still glad you're Ok.

Gratz on being back to driving and no further problems :cheers:

The brain is a very complicated piece of kit - like a computer, to the power of ??.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom