Jamaican food

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
... we have the highest rate of teenage alcoholism in the world! Rule rule Britannia tbfh!

Which you don't.. Denmark is still in the #1 spot on that I'm afraid

You might be #1 on stabbings and muggings, but we're #1 when it comes to teen drinking and smoking!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Which you don't.. Denmark is still in the #1 spot on that I'm afraid

You might be #1 on stabbings and muggings, but we're #1 when it comes to teen drinking and smoking!

Nope, I watched a show a few weeks ago that stated we were now #1 for teenage alcoholism cases.

CorNokZ

Ah, then Urban is wrong as they stated this morning we were still #1

But anyways.. Enjoy your shit country! All you britfags ever do is moan about how your country is going down the shitter! I'll just keep on with my free hospital care, free uni etc etc.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ah, then Urban is wrong as they stated this morning we were still #1

But anyways.. Enjoy your shit country! All you britfags ever do is moan about how your country is going down the shitter! I'll just keep on with my free hospital care, free uni etc etc.

We have free hospitals and free university! They might be shit but only because we are having to educate and give healthcare to eurotrash who come here to abuse our kind and caring nature and shag our beautiful white women...

CorNokZ

You have free uni? That's why aoami and aoln keeps talking about paying for each semester?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
We 'proper British' don't drink that europiss! It is all the fucking immigrants and children of immigrants who buy it, well them and Yorkshire people but they are subhuman anyway and we don't consider them British!

bullcrap,
I've just been over there, and every british exectutive we came across only ever ordered stella, carlsberg, fosters or Carling. Same was true for every little shit ass studant & teens... this was even if they had high quality real ales on tap in the majority of the pubs.

Now lets get back to your brewing, it is poor mans beer, be honest, the Czech do it so much better.

Ok lets,
Actually, lager aka "top fermented beer" is a much newer form of brewing than Ales aka "bottom fermented" and are actually considered "cleaner" and was traditionally drunk by folks of higher social stature, where as ale was considered the poor mans drink. and the Bavarian (Germans) "invented" lager "not checz" they just came up with what we today know as Pilzner in Plzeň, by improving the german techniques, I could keep going, but it's getting late and cba.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
bullcrap,
I've just been over there, and every british exectutive we came across only ever ordered stella, carlsberg, fosters or Carling. Same was true for every little shit ass studant & teens... this was even if they had high quality real ales on tap in the majority of the pubs.

Ok lets,
Actually, lager aka "top fermented beer" is a much newer form of brewing than Ales aka "bottom fermented" and are actually considered "cleaner" and was traditionally drunk by folks of higher social stature, where as ale was considered the poor mans drink. and the Bavarian (Germans) "invented" lager "not checz" they just came up with what we today know as Pilzner in Plzeň, by improving the german techniques, I could keep going, but it's getting late and cba.

Well, erm, well...

Your bacon still sucks!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ok,
we smokem' peace pipe!
20553_Peace_Pipe_Smurf.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
bah!
silly youth of today,
I've always said the newer generations are getting soft!
we worked hard for and retanied that tittle for ages!

Yeah they are slacking off, our British kids are the envy of the world now, 15% of them can't read or write and over 60% of teenagers drink on a semi-regular basis. It feels good to be back on top of the world again. :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hay don't forget we also hold the Miss Teen-mother award; highest % of teen/underaged pregnancy (I think).

Cho... do you like the peas and rice and ting? I hear that is superb.

Oh and say helloooo to cabbage for me lol!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh can't be bothered to read all the thread. Curry is an English word because no Brit can be bothered to learn the correct names of things.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Nope, curry also refers to a stew type dish served right across the Indian sub-continent.
Was told by an Indian chef i worked with 10 years ago, that what we call curry is normally a dish they call Kari or something like that. And they seperate the spice from the food dishes.
Also heard something similar on that show where that english chef travels around india. A right Gary Rhodes.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
hay don't forget we also hold the Miss Teen-mother award; highest % of teen/underaged pregnancy (I think).

erh, im pretty sure it's somewhere in africa.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
thats where we send em to stop them claiming the social lol

Preggers eh?... just step through here *now boarding for malawi*

CorNokZ

when was this?
you are right but i dont remember it

irc m8r

"I've used all my tuition on pot Aoln.. Wtf do I do now?" or something similiar!

And @ Olga: <3

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Just read the first page, and rep @ Cornoxxxz for bringing up the Curry-question!

Id say the english is just so arrogant and lazy they can't be arsed to remember all the different types of Indian spices, so they just call it "curry". Sure, in indian restaurants, there is the Chicken Curry etc, but theres like 50 different kind of dishes man, not just Curry!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Go back and read the entire thread, the Indian's themselves call it curry or in their language khari.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Go back and read the entire thread, the Indian's themselves call it curry or in their language khari.
And the "spiceblend" we call curry is an variant of garam masala.

The word curry is an anglicised version of the Tamil word kari. It is usually understood to mean "gravy" or "sauce", rather than "spices". In most South Indian languages, the word literally means 'side-dish', which can be eaten along with a main dish like rice or bread.

And then we got Adrianne Curry, she's spicy too.. :)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I love OT, a thread about Jamaican food is in actual fact a thread about Indian curry and beer :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
CORNKOZ LOST HIS COMMUNITY AWARD! who from this community gave away the award we (apparently?!) had given him!? HE MUST REOBTAIN IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

dude, the owned you hard. It's an English word, made up to cover a range of dishes with completely different names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom