Jacko dead?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Why? Seriously. I'm not being facetious, why do you feel differently about him? I never really "got" Michael Jackson, even before the kiddie fiddling.

I don't really think it's about getting him. He was way ahead of his time, the dancing, the songs, it all defined pop. Non of the choreography used in todays modern music videos comes even close to the stuff he was knocking out decades ago.

Thought he was a bit mental but tbh living how he lived as a child and growing up like that has got to have a negative effect on your mental state at sometime or another. I will remember him for the right reasons.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well said Cal. RIP MJ, hope you find your peace.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't really think it's about getting him. He was way ahead of his time, the dancing, the songs, it all defined pop. Non of the choreography used in todays modern music videos comes even close to the stuff he was knocking out decades ago.

Thought he was a bit mental but tbh living how he lived as a child and growing up like that has got to have a negative effect on your mental state at sometime or another. I will remember him for the right reasons.

I never liked the music or the dancing and found the videos pretentious. Throw in the weirdo elements and I just can't bring myself to give a shit. Sorry.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Apparently he didn't die of a heart attack, he was in the children's ward having a stroke.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently he didn't die of a heart attack, he was in the children's ward having a stroke.
that joke doesn't get tired even after the 400th person has repeated it.

really

rynnor

Rockhound
I thought Thriller was way ahead of its time - the average video then was shots of the band playing at a gig or something :)

I do wonder now when the first book will appear now that he cant sue them?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I never liked the music or the dancing and found the videos pretentious. Throw in the weirdo elements and I just can't bring myself to give a shit. Sorry.

I agree with DaGaffer, I have never really been interested in him or his music. My friend will be pissed though, he had tickets to go see him and tickets to the after party or something.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Does anyone here have any friends who were at the concert announcements? The main image on Wikipedia is shockingly out of date, we're looking for creative commons images to update it. There were about half a million cameras taking pictures at the announcements, mostly fans, so there must be plenty around.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
really gutted, he was my favourite artist, i loved every bit of music he made from the jackson 5 to his not so successful invincible album. i didnt really care for him much as a person but as an artist i cant think of anyone better. the hell he had as a child has no doubt impacted on his whole life. RIP jacko and thanks for the music

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
RIP I hope he has found his peace.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Sure is a lot of noise on the interweb for a guy who hadn't made a good record since 1979.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
heard this last night on radio about half 10, tbh at first i thought it was a hoax but this morning i saw it on news website and was pretty stunned. i was never a massive fan of him personally but i feel his music defined a generation in the 80's ask someone to name 5 songs of the 80s and you can bet a jacko song will pop up he was a fantasic artist one of the all time greats hes up there with elvis and sinatra

RIP jacko

im still gonna laugh at the jokes tho cos im a sick little twat

also i giv it a fortnight before someone says theyve spotted jacko walking around somewhere. its gonna be another elvis scenario hes not dead!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Don't be sorry about it Gaff, it was like when Jade Goody died; some people were absolutely stunned with grief, but I couldn't give less than two shits. Same with Princess Di, I never really understood it. Yes, it was sad and absolutely tragic that someone died so young, but again I didn't understand the media circus. My mum was in tears.

I'm a real muso deep down, I was in a band as a teenager (played at T in the Park amongst others ;) ) and I loved Jacko's stuff and the production on Thriller by Quincy J is tremendous. Yeah, he lost the plot of late but it still quite saddens me that one of my musical heros derailed and went off the tracks like this. It's just shit. I'll probably feel the same when Prince goes.

I suppose certain people or things touch people in different ways. :touch:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Round-up

Someone may as well do it (does this mean I'm going to non-existent Hell?)

1. Reports of Michael Jackson having a heart attack are incorrect. He was found in the children’s ward having a stroke.

2. There will be a post-mortem today to determine which was the cause of death: A) Sunshine B) Moonlight C) Good Times D) Boogie

3. Michael Jackson died of shock after finding out Boyz II Men was a band not a delivery service.

4. Jockeys at tomorrow's race meetings will wear black armbands out of respect for Michael Jackson, who successfully rode more three yr olds than anyone in living memory.

5. McDonald's are bringing out the Michael Jackson tribute burger. 50 year old meat between two 7 year old buns.

6. What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and Alex Ferguson? Fergie WILL be playing Giggs in August.

7. When Farrah Fawcett arrived in Heaven, God was such a big fan he decided to grant her one wish. She asked that all the children in the world could be safe. So God killed Michael Jackson.

8. Michael Jackson actually died of food poisoning. He ate some 12 year old nuts.

9. 50 kids have volunteered to identify the body as they have first-hand experience of seeing Michael Jackson stiff.

10. Michael Jackson's legal team announced that he had agreed to be melted down by undertakers to make plastic toys. So, kids can play with him for a change.

11. It has been reported on the "Angels News" Michael Jackson was refused entry to heaven due to the fact they dont accept plastic.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He is up there with the other greats of music, but like them that doesn't mean everyone is going to like them :p

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
This media circus is starting to get annoying now, there's paying tribute and there's plain point scoring. The BBC are the worst at present, probably trying to win favor from the public for if the expenses backlash arrives at their door.

Also, yeah he was a talented artist and everything but it boils my blood when people use the word hero to describe him.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I was flicking around late last night and caught a glimpse of an aerial shot of his body being wheeled out. Seriously, why the fuck is it acceptable to show that? It's not that I'm bothered about his passing - not a little bit, but really lacks anything even resembling taste and decency. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the coverage of Jade.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I was flicking around late last night and caught a glimpse of an aerial shot of his body being wheeled out. Seriously, why the fuck is it acceptable to show that? It's not that I'm bothered about his passing - not a little bit, but really lacks anything even resembling taste and decency. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the coverage of Jade.

Endemol would have a fucking camera in his coffin if they could get there.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The medics raced to the scene to resusitate him.

They tried to give him the kiss of life. Tilted his head back, pinched his nose ...

... thats when it all came apart ...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Anyway these things usually come in three's, Farah dead, Jacko dead, wonder who the third will be.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Anyway, it isn't surprising that the internet almost broke:

Wikipedia article traffic statistics

Yeh, that will be all the news agency researchers frantically digging for news fillers. The crap DJs are also crawling out of the woodwork now with dodgy remixes of his songs before his corpse is even cold.

For music, its a sad loss of a very talented man. Although I was never a fan, he has was a great influence to many. There was the occasional song I thought was ok, but mostly it really wasn't for me.

There are certain aspects of his personal life to which we'll probably never know the truth. To me he always seemed detached from reality and very unhappy, at least now he is at peace. Then again, reality is everything so who am I to judge his reality from my own biased perspective. For those who enjoyed his music, he leaves behind a large body of work for millions to enjoy.

T

tonyar109

I am shocked by the news at first, but now it is really a truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom