Ive got my CE

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Well bah I hate Parcelforce then! XD

Whoever and whatever it is nothing ever gets delivered in the morning around here.....

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
did anyone get a parcel tracking number did it end with 2 letters and how long after you got your "your order has been posted" did you get it.

i hate my postman he knocked door an nout for me :(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Just thought I'd upload a dodgy quality camera phone photo of it.

It's a huge box!

Attachments

• big-bad-box-of-war.jpg
    big-bad-box-of-war.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 27

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
did anyone get a parcel tracking number did it end with 2 letters and how long after you got your "your order has been posted" did you get it.

i hate my postman he knocked door an nout for me :(

Mine came next day - you can put the code into parcel force tracking system and it will tell you where it's got to.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
bah, Still haven't received anything from FRS, and no info on when it'll be there.
Definitely the last time I order something from FRS.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Had 3 on order. 2 for friends.

They all arrived :)

1 didnt have a code in it :(

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Mine has just arrived from Parcelforce.

The guy asked me "Can I be nosy and ask what the hell that is? I've delivered 15 of those today!"

Looks like it's been popular in my area then, hehe.

And F*&k me, I'd read the box was big but god damn.....seeing it is an experience unto itself!

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
grrr my tracking number doesnt work

mine doesnt end with any letters and starts with pblm lol

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
I got mine this morning from hmv,and alas there is no cd key in the box at all.Anyone else got this problem? and should i contact goa about it?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I got mine this morning from hmv,and alas there is no cd key in the box at all.Anyone else got this problem? and should i contact goa about it?

Had the same. GOA said contact the retailer. I hope GOA will offer another solution. Seems such a complete waste of time/money to return such a large box that will end up in a landfill becuase its missing a sticky label.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Just thought I'd upload a dodgy quality camera phone photo of it.

It's a huge box!

The photos just don't do these things justice.

to give you an idea of the scale the little box in Greaper's photo is the size of a standard dvd game case but double-thickness (put two DVD boxes back to back - that's the small box, compare that to the big box... huge!)

The Phazer

Fledgling Freddie

Is it not on a sticky label on the inside of the DVD case underneath the instruction manual? It's not an obvious place to put it...

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
There has to be another solution to this problem of no cd keys in the boxs as there in short supply,i spent about 4 hours traveling to pick it up now i gotta go all the way back and get what a s/e? this is a total joke.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it not on a sticky label on the inside of the DVD case underneath the instruction manual? It's not an obvious place to put it...

Supposed to be and is on 2 other CE's but missing on one of them

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
There has to be another solution to this problem of no cd keys in the boxs as there in short supply,i spent about 4 hours traveling to pick it up now i gotta go all the way back and get what a s/e? this is a total joke.

Im going to play the game til the grace period expires. If no one has seen sence and sorted me out a code for the CE by then, I'll just return the CE version and buy a normal version.

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Just got of the phone with hmv even though i just bought this game for £70 today the guy cant hold me a copy for me to exchange because i havent put a deposit down lmao complete and utter shambles.After giving him an ear bashing he told me to contact ea about the problem,just fed up with the whole mess now.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Got mine yesterday, first you notice is how heavy the damn thing is! its a massive box as well and very very well constructed the books are awesome as well specially the graphic novel! Best on the bog reading material ive had in ages!

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Just contacted ea and they told me to demand to speak to the retail outlet manager as its up to them to resolve the issue,round and round we go.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Just contacted ea and they told me to demand to speak to the retail outlet manager as its up to them to resolve the issue,round and round we go.

Given how helpful HMV are being I'd order one from play (a tenner cheaper) and demand money back from HMV.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
Pre-ordered the CE on Monday from HMV. They never took my details back in April when I picked up the Pre-order Box.
Rang Purchasing at Head Office to ensure it was on order correctly.
Picked it up at 10.30am this morning from HMV in town with no fuss :)

Won't enter the key it provides until all grace periods expire, save on subs!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Given how helpful HMV are being I'd order one from play (a tenner cheaper) and demand money back from HMV.

Mine is from Play and has the same problem. They also say it will have to be returned. Just strikes me as insane that we have to put a 2kg package in the postal system to the retailer who will then return it to the distributor who will then return it to the publisher who wil then throw it in the bin all because a 2 inch sticker is missing.

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
So i went to hmv they sent me to ea,ea sent me to goa and they sent me back to hmv,i talked to the manager of hmv and he told me i will not recieve a refund as the package has been opened truely insane so when i threatened to come up to the store he told me to wait until tuesday and he will see if he can get me a code sorted out,i cant get it replaced as they no longer have any of the C/E left.He tried to tell me i dont need the cd key rofl proper idiots i mean surely they can contact ea and get me a code all this hassle over a missing sticker,could someone from GOA comment on this problem?.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
So i went to hmv they sent me to ea,ea sent me to goa and they sent me back to hmv,i talked to the manager of hmv and he told me i will not recieve a refund as the package has been opened truely insane so when i threatened to come up to the store he told me to wait until tuesday and he will see if he can get me a code sorted out,i cant get it replaced as they no longer have any of the C/E left.He tried to tell me i dont need the cd key rofl proper idiots i mean surely they can contact ea and get me a code all this hassle over a missing sticker,could someone from GOA comment on this problem?.

GOA quote

You will need to speak with the retailer who sold you this copy of the CE. It is their responsibility that you get what you are paid for.

This keeps up and I might just return all 3 coppies of the CE. What can HMV or play.com do? They cant manufacture a code they dont have.

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
so unhappy all week ive been up early for various reasons the last 2 hoping my ce will come and still as of 11.20am still nothing parcel force says 18-09-2008 23:59 Birmingham South Depot Out for delivery
and that is the last thing god why couldnt they use city link at least theres say loaded onto van for delivery today and actually keep to scedualed times. mind you doesnt parcel force have links with royal mail. i think my post man reads my mail before delivering it at about 3pm

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
it JUST came and first thing looked for was code lol thankfully it on a sticker inside dvd case. and for those moaning models broken the arm is on a spru with some other bits dunna how u could think it broken lol

just glad its here off to town now the weekend get the se for the wife to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom