Phones iTunes, problems with Sync.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Since I can't find anything on Google or on the iTunes help I'll ask here. Got some free versions of games on my phone. Namely Flick Football Lite, Angry Birds Space (Free) and Bloons TD 4 (Free)

Now, I upgraded to the paid versions of these games and now I want the free versions gone. That's where the trouble starts. I deleted Flick Football Lite and Bloons TD 4 free from my library but syncing doesn't remove them from my phone. Angry Birds doesn't show up at all in my library.

All out of ideas on this one.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Have you tried removing from the phone, then syncing?

Access Denied

Huh? You have to remove them from your iTunes library and then on the next sync it's supposed ot remove them from your phone, or at least ask if you want them removed.

old.user4556

I'm trying to help.

You've removed them from your iTunes library, but when you sync it doesn't remove them. Presuming they're still on your phone (because it hasn't removed them...), can you not just delete them directly from the phone?

Access Denied

Unfortunately not. Apple are cunts like that. You can't remove anything other than photo's from your phone directly.

old.user4556

So when you go onto your iPhone, press and hold the app logo (e.g. Angry Birds) until it "wobbles", you don't get a little cross on the top left side of the icon that you can click to delete?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
You can delete them directly from the phone, as Big G says, hold an icon down for 2s or so and they all start to wobble and can then delete them from there..

I've had no problems doing it that way (I tend to delete them from my phone and remove them from iTunes)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Indeed. Do as Big G says.

Sync problems for the other ones are generally because they're large files and iTunes can be a bit shit with large files if something goes wrong it'll just timeout.

Access Denied

Didn't know that worked. Thought it just deleted the icon from the home page. It worked though. Cheers.

soze

I am a FH squatter
G has the right answer but if you want to do it from iTunes you can select the app while the phone is connected. And delete it from the phone under apps in the sync options. If you just delete it from your iTunes Library it will resync from your phone every time.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Slight change of tack. Finally got an i phone about 6 weeks ago.

Fine but all the apps are French. I can download free French newspapers etc etc. So far phone has never been out of the country. But synched i tunes off my laptop, which is only a year old, and was first set up in France. Is that why?

Texts and all instructions and weather and main things are in English but games and newspapers are French! Anything to buy is priced in Euros.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Change the language of your pc to English. If French is on the list and you don't need it, remove it.
When you next sync it should look at your language and update iTunes and everything else.

Someone at work had this when he plugged it into a pc with French language as the default.

Also check whether you can adjust the language settings in iTunes

sayward

Resident Freddy
I'm going to smash it with a hammer. Desperately wanted to take a photo at the weekend and it tells me I can't. I've worked out you can't delete music straight off so deleted a few photos ( I only had 21 on it) and a few text coversations. Yet it still says the same. i don't see why if I've deleted a photo I cannot take another one?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have re synced the b thing and I now know how to delete music on it without linking up to i tunes on the laptop. Hurrah!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Hi had an e mail from apple. Saying I've bought something off I tunes and is it really me. I've never bought anything. When I click the link it wants my dob and all my credit card details. Is this a scam? What makes me really suspicious is the so called purchase was last October. Even if it's not a scam don't think I even have the card that I used to set up apple. that's if I ever did.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Hi had an e mail from apple. Saying I've bought something off I tunes and is it really me. I've never bought anything. When I click the link it wants my dob and all my credit card details. Is this a scam? What makes me really suspicious is the so called purchase was last October. Even if it's not a scam don't think I even have the card that I used to set up apple. that's if I ever did.
Almost certainly. I've seen the email. if you hover over the link in the email does it show the link the same as the text or does it point to a bit.ly web address? If so it's definitely fake.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Scam. No one will ask for your cc details.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr

Never click on those links, just hover over them and it will tell you where its gonna take you

sayward

Resident Freddy
Thanks everyone. I checked my account and everything is fine.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I had a weird issue where iTunes would not sync any music at all to my iPhone 4. Hit Sync, it said "Syncing" for around 10 seconds then sat there scratching it's bottom. Of course being an iPhone I couldn;t just copy the files across manually.

My fix for it? Gave it back to work and just used an old Xperia instead.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Daren't synch my I phone 5 as when daughter did hers she lost everything on it. Photos texts etc.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Daren't synch my I phone 5 as when daughter did hers she lost everything on it. Photos texts etc.
There is no reason it should do that short of telling the software to set it up as a new phone. When you sync the Music Library if it is not the same machine it will wipe the library on your phone but it warns you first. Also if you have your iCloud backup turned on you can restore from that at any point (it normaly backs up when charging and connected to wifi so overnight). If you only use one Computer it should never wipe your files as long as you are on your machine and your library. The big limitation is when you want to copy 5 files from your friends computer to your phone as this will delete your existing music. Software like Sharepod get you round this and can copy music to and from your phone without iTunes.

sayward

Resident Freddy
OMG I hate I tunes. Now laptop doesn't recognise my usual I pod! I've tried everything I can find on google. any bright ideas out there? Or should I just buy a new I pod?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
OMG I hate I tunes. Now laptop doesn't recognise my usual I pod! I've tried everything I can find on google. any bright ideas out there? Or should I just buy a new I pod?
Dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom