Help itunes/iPhone problem

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dont want to hear from the Android people, because it has nothing to do with Android

Here is the problem: I am in Valencia now, away from my usual computer at home to which my phone has been synchronized. I bought an app on my phone, but when the downloading had ended it told me that I needed to transfer it from my computer. I thought that I could just download iTunes on this laptop which I brought and do a 'drag-and-drop' with the app onto my phone. Apparently I cannot. Do I really need to sync my phone with this new, and empty, iTunes library in order to get my app? And will it delete all my other apps which I already have installed?

Any helpful response will be awarded with rep and any useless Android vs. Iphone shit will get a negative rep

Cheers guys

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
no if you sink with an empty itunes you will lose all your stuff from your iphone ..

but wierd with my ipad i download them on the ipad fine and dont have to pe on the pc .. then it will sync them back to the pc when i connect it.

what app was it ?

CorNokZ

So how do you transfer apps from iTunes onto the phone? I've tried to sync it, but nothing happened. Got all my stuff and no Fifa :/

Syri

FH is my second home
I normally download apps from the app store, and don't need to use itunes at any point in the process. If you're using the latest version of iOS, go into the app store and on to the updates tab at the bottom. At the top of that, there should be an option for "purchased", that should let you download any apps that have already been purchased, directly to the phone.

CorNokZ

Exactly what I've done. Purchased and dowloaded it on my phone, but when the dl was complete a pop-up told me that I needed to transfer it from my computer. Never had this problem before

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
perhaps its some gimpy protection or something that ea thought up

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Yeah, as far as i'm aware you phone can only sync with one PC, but i bet there is something out the that will get around it.

I bet ch3t would know, pm him

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lol I actually know how to fix this but I'm an Android person and I didn't take kindly to your first sentence. :D

CorNokZ

Cheers! Does the phone need to be jailbroken, cause mine isnt :/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No, you need to download the iTunes installer though because it rapes the iPhone drivers out of the exe. Might not be necessary if you already have iTunes installed.

Let it be known that I've only ever used it for music and videos, I don't see why it wouldn't work for any file types though.

CorNokZ

worked all of a sudden. Thanks for the input

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When I came across this before it was usually an out of space error that the handset didn't handle properly, deleting other shit on the phone normally sorts.

CorNokZ

I have the 32GB iPhone and I have more than enough space to spare :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom