It's official! God Loves Kiddie Fiddlers!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, if the allegations against his papalness are true it is.

I mean, Catholics believe that this man's words are the actual words of God. He's God's instrument on Earth.

If he's done what many Catholic priests all over Europe have done, i.e. let 'celibate' priests get away with bumming young boys without shopping these dogs to the police, then these are the actions of God!

Any Catholics fancy defending their faith today?

Lets face it, there's zero chance of the Pope getting properly smeared with this. If you can believe that an all-knowing being watches everything you ever do or think then you'll have an easy job of convincing yourself this is just "malicious rumours" rather than "Catholicism's a joke"

:)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I posted about this on FB ages ago :)

Cardinal Ratzinger was insistent that not keeping child-rape secret was a bigger sin than child-rape.

Disgusting tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cardinal Ratzinger was insistent that not keeping child-rape secret was a bigger sin than child-rape.

:eek:

Wow. Just...

I've not heard the specific allegations before. I just know that they were all over the news in Oz (along with the child abuse cases by the church in countries all over Europe - only Ireland seems to be getting mentioned on UK news).

Got any linkies with more detail on the "rumours"? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This sinister cult should have been outlawed years ago.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

I mean, Catholics believe that this man's words are the actual words of God. He's God's instrument on Earth.

If he's done what many Catholic priests all over Europe have done, i.e. let 'celibate' priests get away with bumming young boys without shopping these dogs to the police, then these are the actions of God!

Lets face it, there's zero chance of the Pope getting properly smeared with this. If you can believe that an all-knowing being watches everything you ever do or think then you'll have an easy job of convincing yourself this is just "malicious rumours" rather than "Catholicism's a joke"

Without any supporting evidence, all that post comes across as is bigotry. If they've been hiding child abuse, yes, the appropriate people should face the law in whatever country. Its conspiracy to conceal a crime.

And just like not every muslim is a terrorist, not every priest is a child abuser.

Way to go with the knee-jerk trolling :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The leader of the cult has hidden child abuse and protected kiddie fiddlers. He should be brought to justice.

Any other whack job would face criminal charges, I doubt he will though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They all believe in a mystical sky-fairy who loves you but if you don't worship child-shagging men he hates you and you'll get poked up the bum in hell for all eternity.

Yeah, makes sense to me too.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Ah, but he didn't do it while he was Pope, so he wasn't God's voice on Earth when he did it, so Papal infallability is preserved. This Message brought to you by The Catholic Church, always right, because we say so ;)

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
The Pope isn't God's voice, he's an old man surrounded by corruption and a system that pretty much ignores the bible.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Pope isn't God's voice, he's an old man surrounded by corruption and a system that pretty much ignores the bible.

The Holy Document of Vatican Law outranks the Bible and is protected by the Queen Spider. And have you seen a Gelgamek vagina ?

rynnor

Rockhound
Religion is the perfect mechanism to shelter kiddie fiddlers because of the implicit trust most believers have in their priesthood.

The Catholic church has the particular extra problem of celibacy - its completely un-natural and is bound to make deviant sexual behaviour more likely.

Saying that many were probably kiddy fiddlers beforehand and recognised a great way to access kids in the church - in the same way that some head to teaching.

noblok

Part of the furniture
The infallibility of the pope only applies to dogmatic declarations, not to everything he says, let alone everything he does.

That being said: all this stuff is pretty depressing news.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, if they're not telling the Catholic Church off for being directly culpable for many cases of AIDS in Africa (their priests are telling Africans that only abstinence stops AIDS, not condoms) then they're likely to get away with this too :(

noblok

Part of the furniture
Well, if they're not telling the Catholic Church off for being directly culpable for many cases of AIDS in Africa (their priests are telling Africans that only abstinence stops AIDS, not condoms) then they're likely to get away with this too :(
So how exactly do you get AIDS if you stick to abstinence? (In a way that could be prevented by condom use.) I mean, if you take the catholic church serious enough not to use a condom, you'd probably take it serious enough to adhere to it's other rules as well (such as no sex outside marriage and "thou shall not kill"). Asbtinence is a safer method than condoms.

Also: link1; link2 (obviously correlation is no causation, but these numbers seem to imply that if the catholic church is responsible for the spreading of AIDS, the effect is minimal.)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So how exactly do you get AIDS if you stick to abstinence? (In a way that could be prevented by condom use.) I mean, if you take the catholic church serious enough not to use a condom, you'd probably take it serious enough to adhere to it's other rules as well (such as no sex outside marriage and "thou shall not kill"). Asbtinence is a safer method than condoms.

Also: link1; link2 (obviously correlation is no causation, but these numbers seem to imply that if the catholic church is responsible for the spreading of AIDS, the effect is minimal.)

Oh wow.

People do NOT stick to abstinence, human nature wins here, but the message the church gives is that condoms are not safe. So you end up with people having sex with no protection. If they simply took the line that abstinence is our way, but make sure you use condoms otherwise, then no one would have issue.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If they werent so huge, politically connected and corrupt they would be put in the same camp as the scientologists, its just a bat shit crazy sun cult with some very strange and outdated views.

Believing in the sky fairy is one thing (each to their own and all that) but the Catholic church comes out with some frankly dangerous guidence.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
People do NOT stick to abstinence, human nature wins here, but the message the church gives is that condoms are not safe. So you end up with people having sex with no protection. If they simply took the line that abstinence is our way, but make sure you use condoms otherwise, then no one would have issue.
The church hasn't said that condoms are not safe. Their stance is they're unethical. They have however said that a prevention policy which relies solely on distributing condoms offers no real solution to the problem (and may in fact contribute to it). This makes sense as condoms aren't 100% foolproof and not always used correctly or consistently. This is what nearly everyone with any knowledge in the field says, but when the church says so it's headline news.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Of course it is, because the church has no interest in educating people on prevention by any other method than abstinence. They portray them as unsafe and so people do not use them. And they still fuck.

In reality, if the church cared about life, rather than simply swelling their ranks then they would promote condoms alongside abstinence.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The church hasn't said that condoms are not safe. Their stance is they're unethical. They have however said that a prevention policy which relies solely on distributing condoms offers no real solution to the problem (and may in fact contribute to it). This makes sense as condoms aren't 100% foolproof and not always used correctly or consistently. This is what nearly everyone with any knowledge in the field says, but when the church says so it's headline news.

Except evidence from countries like Uganda, where a free condom program was stopped because Christian charities threatened to cut aid, shows that condoms did indeed offer a solution. The HIV infection rate down when the program was in place and back up again when it was stopped. Trying to get people to stop having sex is futile as its as fundamental to any organism as breathing.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Of course it is, because the church has no interest in educating people on prevention by any other method than abstinence. They portray them as unsafe and so people do not use them. And they still fuck.
I don't see why you're convinced people care enough about the pope's standpoint to run the risk of catching AIDS by having unprotected sex, but they don't care enough about it to stick to the other rules (no sex outside marriage, "thou shall not kill"). I mean: if they're ignoring the latter rules anyway, why wouldn't they also ignore the standpoint on condoms?

DaGaffer said:
Except evidence from countries like Uganda, where a free condom program was stopped because Christian charities threatened to cut aid, shows that condoms did indeed offer a solution. The HIV infection rate down when the program was in place and back up again when it was stopped.
I did not know that, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Uganda did not solely rely on condoms though, their campaign has also led to less promiscuous sex (link). I do believe that condoms coupled with other prevention methods are probably better than those other prevention methods without condoms, but I don't think solely relying on condom distribution is a solution.

For the record, I don't agree with the choice of those christian charities to threaten with cutting their aid. I would understand them not wanting to spread condoms themselves, but cutting their aid because other organistions spread them is not something I agree with. I think one could argue here for an ethics of the lesser evil. You'll also find that, at least in the West, many a priest will argue for abstinence in principle, but safe sex "if you must."

edit: and I've said this before, but sex really isn't as fundamental as breathing. I'm still alive despite my complete abstinence.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I don't see why you're convinced people care enough about the pope's standpoint to run the risk of catching AIDS by having unprotected sex, but they don't care enough about it to stick to the other rules (no sex outside marriage, "thou shall not kill"). I mean: if they're ignoring the latter rules anyway, why wouldn't they also ignore the standpoint on condoms?

I did not know that, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Uganda did not solely rely on condoms though, their campaign has also led to less promiscuous sex (link). I do believe that condoms coupled with other prevention methods are probably better than those other prevention methods without condoms, but I don't think solely relying on condom distribution is a solution.

For the record, I don't agree with the choice of those christian charities to threaten with cutting their aid. I would understand them not wanting to spread condoms themselves, but cutting their aid because other organistions spread them is not something I agree with. I think one could argue here for an ethics of the lesser evil. You'll also find that, at least in the West, many a priest will argue for abstinence in principle, but safe sex "if you must."

edit: and I've said this before, but sex really isn't as fundamental as breathing. I'm still alive despite my complete abstinence.

Are you male or female?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

You are but you are not producing more humans and passing on your genes which is basically all any living thing exists for.

Slightly unrelated but I watched house last night and there was a line, which I can't remember exactly. Women are programed to find babies cute even when they are crying because if they didn't then they would be dumped/killed for being useless to us.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Let the heathens spill theirs,
On the dusty ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom