It's close

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the US Open beta client that the korean servers run is compatible with the EU beta. But I have not read anywhere that it can be converted either. although www.blizzhackers.com might be able to help.

I know the URL looks bad, but the most contraversial thing I have seen on there is a Fishing Bot.. and imho thats not really a big issue, certainly no different to setting a macro and grinding the way to the top of an entertainment tree in SWG

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
I just hope EU FB isnt as silly as the US FB was... there was MASSIVE influx of players, noobs and otherwise... and it was galling to say the least :(

Prepare for Teh Spammage "How do i complete DM?", "wheres this?".. "whats that?"... Normally without them actually bothering to READ!!!!! the actual quest, or do even the shortest of research before hand... I'd swear they didnt even bother to read the help.

Also the great 'General channel' chats of oooooooh i dunno... what they will be having for their dinner, the state of the US economy, what Zoe Slater did in Eastenders and other all time greats :(

Bah humbug... Ive been waiting too long now.. am all grouchy :kissit:

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
Prepare for Teh Spammage "How do i complete DM?", "wheres this?".. "whats that?"... Normally without them actually bothering to READ!!!!! the actual quest, or do even the shortest of research before hand... I'd swear they didnt even bother to read the help.

So how do I complete DM and what the hell is it?
So I know and don't have to ask you when FB starts :D

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
I just hope EU FB isnt as silly as the US FB was... there was MASSIVE influx of players, noobs and otherwise... and it was galling to say the least :( Prepare for Teh Spammage "How do i complete DM?", "wheres this?".. "whats that?"... Normally without them actually bothering to READ!!!!! the actual quest, or do even the shortest of research before hand... I'd swear they didnt even bother to read the help.
Also the great 'General channel' chats of oooooooh i dunno... what they will be having for their dinner, the state of the US economy, what Zoe Slater did in Eastenders and other all time greats :(
Bah humbug... Ive been waiting too long now.. am all grouchy :kissit:

You never been new to any game then i guess...damn, can i touch you? ;)

nick

Fledgling Freddie
wow.gif

Get ready for final beta.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
:clap: That's a class pic.. I used to spend loads of time in that crouch in US Open.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Angara said:
You never been new to any game then i guess...damn, can i touch you? ;)

He's talking about people who ask for help on level 1 quests, like:

Quest NPC says, "Travel south and you will find Griman, speak to him"

Normal players will run south for 20seconds and see Griman with a big ! over his head. But others will start spamming global chat with "OMG!! wheres Griman lol?" and 30seconds later "ne1 seen griman? this quest sucks :x" another minute passes "pls kriman pls"... and so on oO

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:

Normal players will run south for 20seconds and see Griman with a big ! over his head. But others will start spamming global chat with "OMG!! wheres Griman lol?" and 30seconds later "ne1 seen griman? this quest sucks :x" another minute passes "pls kriman pls"... and so on oO

Yeah I like those ppl, they make me laugh, and later get mad, and after that I get locked up in the mental instituton :)

Sandar Shadowwalker

Fledgling Freddie
Was very funny this morining around 2.00am at Ironforge when servers was shuting down for FB every one went naked and walked around then all did a final death packed into the lava :D

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Ye it's annoying having ppl ask the same things over and over and over ... that is why you turn OFF global chat. You don't need it.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:

Yes when u explain it like this, i can imagine you get frustrated. But the guy i responded to whined about everything that is being said. You dont have to read general, you dont have to answer question. But still, i myself would probebly tell the other player how to finish a quest for example, it does not hurt to be nice you know :)

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Angara said:
Yes when u explain it like this, i can imagine you get frustrated. But the guy i responded to whined about everything that is being said. You dont have to read general, you dont have to answer question. But still, i myself would probebly tell the other player how to finish a quest for example, it does not hurt to be nice you know :)

Ok point taken it is a whine.. but as Escape kindly clarified it

"others will start spamming global chat with "OMG!! wheres Griman lol?" and 30seconds later "ne1 seen griman? this quest sucks :x" another minute passes "pls kriman pls"... and so on oO"

It does get rather grating when trying to filter the crap in General from ppl, say trying to get groups together! Im not a meany, ill help noobs out where i can, but i found in the US when the FB opened.. there were a LOT of ppl who obviously wanted everything done for them... and to see the same things a zillion times is VERY frustrating..

But... "You never been new to any game then i guess...damn, can i touch you? " Sure can... but not on the botty :touch:

Asha :-

"that is why you turn OFF global chat. You don't need it" Whilst seemingly correct.. its sucha shame that there is still soooooo much said in general that does mean i need it :(

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
lets just hope these new players don't read enough to be able to work out howto type. Besides I'll be a newbie when the FB starts, just like 300, 000 other people.

WHEN NEWBIES ATTACK!

sounds like some type of really bad B Movie.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
A nice command for those complaining about general chat :D

/leave 1

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Dont you autojoin General chat everytime you zone?

gia

Fledgling Freddie
It will autoswitch to each zone's general chat, but not if you've left the channel already.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Its still bad for that sort of stuff on general on the US servers so i cant see it changing for many months after retail

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I never asked noob questions when I started in closed beta. Hell I never said anything in chat at all for over a week.

... But only because I didn't know how to ;)

For the uninitiated type /1 spam, spam, spam etc. to broadcast in the general chat channel.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
Whilst seemingly correct.. its sucha shame that there is still soooooo much said in general that does mean i need it :(
please tell me one thing you need in global chat ?

you can always make another chat tab and put only global there if you REALLY think you need it... but I can't see why.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
please tell me one thing you need in global chat ?

you can always make another chat tab and put only global there if you REALLY think you need it... but I can't see why.

Granted you can add another tab.. however... when a noob myself and even now, there are snippets of info and also other valid comments made from other players that i have found very useful... not just the general 'noise'. So to me, yes! i find the General channel useful. This is just me however, you obviously dont need it.. fair enough.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
global is handy when you are new but i always turn it off when in low areas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom