It still bothers me...

O

old.mattshanes

Why is a wizard soooooooooooo bad compared to other casters in the game? i have lved 12 chars lv40+ now, spent ages and ages playing this game, i love my wizard but it's disgusting seeing how hard other casters can nuke tanks....i do like 300s, 400s if i am lucky.Heh some chanter heat debuff>>> bang 600 dmg on a tank lol xD

The wizard debuff is only 10% -_- sigh why can't it be 30% or so least this would make the class far more viable, it's annoying lving a char you love then realise how inferior it is to another realm's version of it.Theurg is good yes and sorc too, xeanor pointed out one thing with a sorc though, eld has same dex/qui debuff and it's twice as less mana cost nearly oO

Any wizards out there feel ashamed about their dmg compared to other casters?:E oh well still have fun playing mine i guess:D

Just hope mythic would make wizards good again...afterall if you are into any fantasy novels or things like that, a wizard is a master of spellcasting and should rarely be out damaged which isn't the case anymore.Yeah i know other classes need love....but wizards should get something sorted :E

S

speshneeds

debuff nerf is on the way (afaik?) should help even the playing field a little but i gotta agree, wizzies need some love.

Nukes seem to below par
Pbae seems to be the worst (and no pet)
Alb casters generally stand out like a sore thumb too

gif wizzy lovin! :)

D

Danya

All casters suck unless you're a pbae caster running with lots of other pbae casters (especially as a chanter or SM).

X

Xeanor

Some casters suck more than others.

Sor: 46 Sorcerous Web Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -46 dex (Mttr) 22 power
Eld: 48 Void Chains Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -48 dex (Cold) 31 power
^ fair deal, eld one costs more, does more, is higher lvl, normal. ^

Sor: 46 Dilapidate Body Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -46 str (Body) 30 power
Eld: 50 Null Strength Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -50 str (Cold) 26 power
^ so why the fuck does the eld one debuff more, is higher level, costs less power? ^

Sor: 43 Banish Hope Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -66 str/con (Enrg) 36 power
Eld" 49 Greater Vitality Dispersal Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -73 str/con (Enrg) 32 power
^ lol, sorc one debuffs a lot less, is far lower level, and costs more power? just WTF? ^

Sor: 47 Superior Imbalance Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -70 dex/qui (Body) 40 power
Sor: 45 Major Restraining Field Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -69 dex/qui (Mttr) 38 power
Eld: 46 Extinguish Coordination Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -69 dex/qui (Cold) 24 power <-- WTF?
^ rofl yeah, the eldritch one is kinda same level, debuffs same amount, but costs nearly have the power of the sorc one? ^

O

[Oo]Escape

Mythic feedback = "We'll look into it but it's not a priority item" = lolz roll a chanter m8s

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
Mythic feedback = "We'll look into it but it's not a priority item" = lolz roll a chanter m8s

Hehe i don't wanna play easy mode.....debuffs are just plain silly at the moment compared to my wizards...

U

uberweebeastie

Originally posted by Xeanor
Some casters suck more than others.

Sor: 46 Sorcerous Web Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -46 dex (Mttr) 22 power
Eld: 48 Void Chains Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -48 dex (Cold) 31 power
^ fair deal, eld one costs more, does more, is higher lvl, normal. ^

Sor: 46 Dilapidate Body Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -46 str (Body) 30 power
Eld: 50 Null Strength Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 -50 str (Cold) 26 power
^ so why the fuck does the eld one debuff more, is higher level, costs less power? ^

Sor: 43 Banish Hope Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -66 str/con (Enrg) 36 power
Eld" 49 Greater Vitality Dispersal Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -73 str/con (Enrg) 32 power
^ lol, sorc one debuffs a lot less, is far lower level, and costs more power? just WTF? ^

Sor: 47 Superior Imbalance Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -70 dex/qui (Body) 40 power
Sor: 45 Major Restraining Field Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -69 dex/qui (Mttr) 38 power
Eld: 46 Extinguish Coordination Enemy 0s/1m/5s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -69 dex/qui (Cold) 24 power <-- WTF?
^ rofl yeah, the eldritch one is kinda same level, debuffs same amount, but costs nearly have the power of the sorc one? ^

Sorc's get pets and aoe mezz aswell?

R

Roalith

Not if they want even mediocre damage they don't ;o

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by uberweebeastie
Sorc's get pets and aoe mezz aswell?

and eldritch gets snare nuke, pbaoe, nearsight, aoe mezz and aoe disease as well?

your point?

C

cHodAX

Alb casters have it hard, no doubt about that. You can find glaring weaknesses in most of our caster lines if you look hard enough and Mythic have no intention of addressing them.... EVER. You want a powerful/versatile caster play Hib or Mid, Alb doesn't have one.

I

ironhand

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Why is a wizard soooooooooooo bad compared to other casters in the game? i have lved 12 chars lv40+ now, spent ages and ages playing this game, i love my wizard but it's disgusting seeing how hard other casters can nuke tanks....i do like 300s, 400s if i am lucky.Heh some chanter heat debuff>>> bang 600 dmg on a tank lol xD

The wizard debuff is only 10% -_- sigh why can't it be 30% or so least this would make the class far more viable, it's annoying lving a char you love then realise how inferior it is to another realm's version of it.Theurg is good yes and sorc too, xeanor pointed out one thing with a sorc though, eld has same dex/qui debuff and it's twice as less mana cost nearly oO

Any wizards out there feel ashamed about their dmg compared to other casters?:E oh well still have fun playing mine i guess:D

Just hope mythic would make wizards good again...afterall if you are into any fantasy novels or things like that, a wizard is a master of spellcasting and should rarely be out damaged which isn't the case anymore.Yeah i know other classes need love....but wizards should get something sorted :E

This may sound stupid, but Hibs are the Magic realm and thus speaking suppost to have supperior magic weilding classes... (And they do)
Same as Mid is the Melee realm and suppost to have supperior classes. (Speaking of Savages, would be argueably better than others)
Alb is the go between - Jack of all-trades master of none. (Mincer imo only falls into this as many other Mid & Hib classes > Alb)

I think this is often forgotten that the realms were NEVER meant to be equal else why would we pick 1 realm over another? We wouldnt cos it wouldnt matter and would make for a very borring game.

I dont play any casters much, but from what i know we dont have any broken spells or lines etc, Pbaoe was brought upto speed compared to mid n hib and all the basic things work pretty much as intended.

If you want :-

Caster - Chanter
Melee - Savage
Other - Mincer

I guess the differences make the game else we all wouldnt be moaning and comparing them all, and in a sense that does make the game into the 3 = Hib - Easy, Mid - Medium, Alb - Difficult

Like they say varitity is the spice of life.

I

ironhand

Going by what ive said above, that would entail that Alb would have better Casters than Mid, which probley isnt true since their are Runnies that can nuke and bolt for high xxx's. Whilst our Fire wizzys nuke and bolt for average dmg, i guess thats broke then considering they're suppost to be Albs main & strongest caster.

M

Myddrin

Wizards seem to be bottom in the food chain when compared to all other casters in the game. Reason I made mine originally was because in ye olde days the fire nuke was the most powerful nuke in the game. Wizards had hardly any utility but made up for that with dmg output. These days the dmg output has changed for various reasons but the utility never increased, shame.

And yeah been waiting ages and ages for some sort of loving for wizards, but there hasn't been much change all this time so I wouldn't hold my breath for things to get improved Matt...

One thing for me thats made playing the wizard more fun is the VP RA, pretty good if your in a group with other wizards who have it, only a 15 minute timer too.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by Xeanor
and eldritch gets snare nuke, pbaoe, nearsight, aoe mezz and aoe disease as well?

your point?

and the spec? if u think hib caster are overpowrered then u might wanna talk to some hib casters imo..

mana chanter are overpowered PVE and nothing else.. mana elds.. which is prolly a class u confusing with mana chanters.. hit hard.. and have better debuffs when used with a mana chanter.

dont DARE whine that alb is gimped in some way.. esp when sorcs get extended mez range as appossed to erm.. mentalism menalists?!! haha thats a joke.. doubt u will ever meet one..

its the players that are gimped.. not the classes.. you better sort yourselves out SHARPISH.

i took an idiot class and spec to 5L4 on exc.. by pure determination and help from friends who WANTED me in grp.. anything is possible as long as you are prepared to play your chosen char correctly and to the best u can.. nobody can ask more of you :)

O

old.mattshanes

I hope you know xeanor has played an enchanter til rr7 he does know how good they are:p besides being nuked for 600s at 1s spd compared to my wizzies damage of 300-400s on tanks hmmm.....and hibs have no power relics too.

I

ironhand

Re: Re: It still bothers me...

I think its fair to say tho matt

Originally posted by ironhand
but Hibs are the Magic realm and thus speaking suppost to have supperior magic weilding classes... (And they do)

I dont know how the dmg scales for BM's/Mercs/Savages but i would have thought that Merc > BM for dmg.

Perhaps chanters do nuke for way more than they should & have a ewul pet to boot. But i dont think there are many hib whines saying why isnt my LW hero's dmg as good as a Poler. They just accept that hib melee is never gunna be as good as Albs.

Would be nice to hear from some Runies perhaps even get some logs from the 3 and compare nuke dmg on all 3.

O

[Oo]Escape

Re: Re: Re: It still bothers me...

Originally posted by ironhand
Perhaps chanters do nuke for way more than they should & have a ewul pet to boot. But i dont think there are many hib whines saying why isnt my LW hero's dmg as good as a Poler. They just accept that hib melee is never gunna be as good as Albs.

LW styles are better than pole. + Champions are hybrids...

Fire-wiz is Albion's primary caster with the "Pure-DD and fk'all utility" spec.
Mana-chanters are Hibernia's secondary caster class, and only have access to baseline DDs... guess who can nuke harder?
(considering a debuff ofc, but that's no problem when you have 9sec stun... and snare spamming pet).

Albion's problem is having four caster classes(forget necros)... so mythic had to spread their standard set of spells between four classes, where hibs get this in three and midgard in two(and some going into their healer classes). That's why alb casters lack the utility of their counterparts.

Wizards should be killed and Theurgists get GTAoE in earth-spec, PBAoE in ice-spec, and bolts in air-spec.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by ilaya
and the spec? if u think hib caster are overpowrered then u might wanna talk to some hib casters imo..

mana chanter are overpowered PVE and nothing else.. mana elds.. which is prolly a class u confusing with mana chanters.. hit hard.. and have better debuffs when used with a mana chanter.

dont DARE whine that alb is gimped in some way.. esp when sorcs get extended mez range as appossed to erm.. mentalism menalists?!! haha thats a joke.. doubt u will ever meet one..

its the players that are gimped.. not the classes.. you better sort yourselves out SHARPISH.

i took an idiot class and spec to 5L4 on exc.. by pure determination and help from friends who WANTED me in grp.. anything is possible as long as you are prepared to play your chosen char correctly and to the best u can.. nobody can ask more of you :)

you really have no clue

mana chanter are overpowered PVE and nothing else? you must be dumb, because manachanter is the only pbaoe class who can debuff baseline nukes for other pbaoe classes in the group. that's very overpowered.

lets not start about mentalists, same like we wouldn't start about cabalists, would we?

mana eld is what makes a hib group good, not having to spec for something else than pbaoe and still be able to nuke together with the manachanter, and they have disease, most likely the most overpowered spell in this game.

I've played a enchanter to rr7, i've always said and known, hib casters are a lot better than alb casters.

P

- Pathfinder -

Albion was fucked the min Mythic gave us four (now five) caster classes - abilities spread out, creating some generally gimped ones. We should've had two caster classes, wizard (combi theurg/wizzy) and sorc (combi sorc/cabby), but no :m00:

O

old.Bubble

What Teador said
With some added Flames and Lies(makes them up yourself)

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Albion was fucked the min Mythic gave us four (now five) caster classes - abilities spread out, creating some generally gimped ones. We should've had two caster classes, wizard (combi theurg/wizzy) and sorc (combi sorc/cabby), but no :m00:

Thats Such a good idea (I'm not being Sarky either)

J

Jace

"lets not start about mentalists, same like we wouldn't start about cabalists, would we?"

The 2 don't compare tbh. Mentalism doesn't compare to Spirit when it comes to class defining lines.

Thing is the vast majority of Albion refuse to wake up and accept Cabalists as a viable and worthwhile class, hence Xeanor's innacurate comparison.

This "myth" that keeps being supported by people with no real idea about the class is why mine only ever gets guild groups :/

I

ironhand

Re: Re: Re: Re: It still bothers me...

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
LW styles are better than pole. + Champions are hybrids...

I wasnt questioning what styles where better cos we all know that analiation is bugged, besides i was refering to Hero LW's not Champs if u look careful.

Some good veiws about the 4/5 alb caster classes.

I

ironhand

Originally posted by Jace

Thing is the vast majority of Albion refuse to wake up and accept Cabalists as a viable and worthwhile class, hence Xeanor's innacurate comparison.

This "myth" that keeps being supported by people with no real idea about the class is why mine only ever gets guild groups :/

The truth is tho that because Albion classes have spread utility, Caba's are never going to replace a Sorc now are they? And with the modern trend of Alb RvR groups there just isnt room to sacrifice the spot of a merc or other class for another caster if they want any chance of competing with the other realms pure tank groups.

Perhaps in a All caster group they might be viable but in thinking about that a Painworking necro with PBAoE Dot would be better if it was an Ice wizzy grp, and alb doesnt really run fire wizzy grps anymore most respeced to ice.

J

Jace

"Caba's are never going to replace a Sorc now are they?"

Who ever said they would? I was reffering soley to the bad repuation Cabalists recieve from people who don't know the class. I've been refused groups on the basis of "we're after a nuker" and along comes a fire wizard to take the spot yet I can consistantly out damage a fire wizzie and bring allot more to the table, but Cabalist = gimps in most people's eyes.

As for taking a Painworking Necro over a Cabalist try looking beyond the Matter line when considering what Cabalists can and can't do.

B

bigchief

A painworking necro has ticks of ~80 for 4 ticks. 80 damage every 3 seconds or 200-500 damage every 2 seconds with another ice wiz. Hmm I wonder..

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Jace
"Caba's are never going to replace a Sorc now are they?"

Who ever said they would? I was reffering soley to the bad repuation Cabalists recieve from people who don't know the class. I've been refused groups on the basis of "we're after a nuker" and along comes a fire wizard to take the spot yet I can consistantly out damage a fire wizzie and bring allot more to the table, but Cabalist = gimps in most people's eyes.

There's nothing per se wrong with cabalists, BUT if they were removed and their signature abilities spread between the other caster classes, we'd end up with 3 strong casters (+ necro) instead of 4 mostly lacklustre ones. Except you can't really describe a sorcerer as lacklustre ;)

ie. Give AE dot & nearsight to earth wizards, move GTAE & body/spirit/matter debuffs to theurgists, disease to smite clerics, focus shield to necros, life transfer & AE snare to matter sorcs.

K

kameh

Necromancers already have a focus shield (only lasts 30 secs though before needing recast). I think it's also the only one not to be getting nerfed. So in theory keep your cabbie focus shield and give us less bugs :)

Cabbies are nice, I like them but then again I don't RvR much anymore ;)

Users who are viewing this thread